Table of Contents
- 1 What is Orencia?
- 2 Uses of Orencia
- 3 How does Orencia work?
- 4 How to Take Orencia?
- 5 Common Dosage for Orencia
- 6 When to Avoid Orencia?
- 7 Precautions While Taking Orencia
- 8 Side-Effects of Orencia
- 9 Drug Interactions to be Careful About
- 9.1 1. Food Interactions with Orencia
- 9.2 2. Medicines Interactions with Orencia
- 9.3 3. Effects of Orencia on Lab Tests
- 9.4 4. Orencia’s interactions with Pre-existing Conditions/Diseases
- 9.5 Q. Can I have Orencia with alcohol?
- 9.6 Q. Any particular food item to be avoided?
- 9.7 Q. Can I have Orencia when pregnant?
- 9.8 Q. Can I have Orencia when feeding a baby?
- 9.9 Q. Can I drive after taking Orencia?
- 10 Orencia Composition, Variant and Price – Buyer’s Guide
- 11 Substitutes of Orencia
- 12 FAQs – 13 Important Questions Answered about Orencia
- 12.1 Q. What is Orencia?
- 12.2 Q. What are the uses of Orencia?
- 12.3 Q. What are the side effects of Orencia?
- 12.4 Q. How effective is Orencia?
- 12.5 Q. How long does it take for Orencia to show results?
- 12.6 Q. Should Orencia be taken on an empty stomach?
- 12.7 Q. Does Orencia make you drowsy?
- 12.8 Q. What should be the time gap between the intake of 2 Orencia tablets?
- 12.9 Q. Should I complete the whole cycle of the medicine even if cured?
- 12.10 Q. Does Orencia effect my menstrual cycle?
- 12.11 Q. Is Orencia safe for children?
- 12.12 Q. Are there any symptoms that I should consider before taking Orencia?
- 12.13 Q. Is Orencia legal in India?
1What is Orencia?
Orencia is a medication form biological source which helps in the treatment of joint disorders. (Disorders of the skeletal system.) It can help in the prevention of the degradation of the joint. Orencia is the brand name of the generic drug abatacept. It can help in treating RA.
Orencia Composition – abatacept
Manufactured By – BMS India Pvt ltd
Prescription – not Available as OTC, it requires a prescription.
Form – prefilled injection syringe and powder for injection.
Price – $1000
Expiry/Shelf Life – 17 weeks
Type of Drug –antirheumatic medication.