Table of Contents
- What is Oskar DSR?
- Uses of Oskar DSR:
- Oskar DSR Composition
- How does Oskar DSR work?
- Oskar DSR Price in India
- How to Take Oskar DSR?
- Common Dosage for Oskar DSR:
- When to Avoid Oskar DSR?
- Side-effects of Oskar DSR:
- Effect on organs?
- Reported Allergic Reactions?
- Drug Interactions to Be Careful About
- Shows Effects / Results In:
- Storage of Oskar DSR
- Pro Tips When Taking Oskar DSR:
- Frequently asked questions
- Is Oskar DSR addictive?
- Can I have Oskar DSR with alcohol?
- Any particular food item to be avoided?
- Can I have Oskar DSR when pregnant?
- Can I have Oskar DSR when feeding a baby?
- Can I drive after taking Oskar DSR?
- What happens if I overdose on Oskar DSR?
- What happens if I take expired Oskar DSR?
- What happens if I miss a dose of Oskar DSR?
- Similar Reads
What is Oskar DSR?
- Oskar DSR is a fixed dose combination of Omeprazole (20mg) and Domperidone (30mg) used for the treatment of acidity, heart burn, nausea, vomiting etc.
Buy & save from: Myra Medicines | 1mg | Practo
Uses of Oskar DSR:
- It can be used for the following conditions:
- Gastroesophageal reflex disease (GERD)
- Gastric ulcer
- Zollinger Ellison syndrome
- Heart burn
- Erosive esophagitis
- Idiopathic or diabetic gastroparesis (condition which prevents stomach emptying)
- Helicobacter pylori infection
Read more: Rabekind Dsr Uses
Oskar DSR Composition
- Omeprazole (20mg)
- Domperidone (30mg)
Read more: Meconerv Forte Composition
How does Oskar DSR work?
- Omeprazole belongs to group of drugs called as “proton pump inhibitor” which works by inhibiting gastric acid secretion. It inhibits acid secretion both in resting phase as well as when stimulated by food thus preventing heart burn and gastric ulcer disease.
- Domperidone belongs to a group of drugs called as “dopamine antagonists” which works by propelling the food faster through your food pipe from stomach to intestine.
- It also prevents food from flowing wrong way back up to food pipe and inhibits vomiting centre in brain thus eventually reducing the feeling of nausea and vomiting.
Oskar DSR Price in India
|Specification||Oskar DSR price in India|
|Oskar DSR 20mg Capsule||Rs. 64|
How to Take Oskar DSR?
- Oskar DSR is available in capsule form for oral use.
- Oskar DSR is well absorbed orally and should be taken empty stomach (at least half an hour before food) in the morning.
- The capsule should be swallowed as a whole without crushing, chewing or breaking it along with plenty of fluids.
Common Dosage for Oskar DSR:
- The optimum dosage of Oskar DSR varies with the condition of the patient, age of the patient and initial response to the drug.
- The recommended dose for Oskar DSR in adults is one capsule once daily half an hour before food. Oskar DSR should not be used for more than 14 days if not directed by your doctor.
Read more: Nimulid Hf Dosage | Venex Dosage
When to Avoid Oskar DSR?
- Oskar DSR should be avoided or used with caution in following patients:
- Patients with allergy to any of its components
- Blockage in intestine
- Patients with electrolyte disturbance especially Magnesium, potassium and calcium
- Patients with severe kidney and liver disease
- Congestive heart failure
Read more: Nervigard Xl Precaution
Side-effects of Oskar DSR:
- Common side effects with Oskar DSR include:
- Abdominal pain
- Dry mouth
- Increased chances of bone fracture
Read more: Venusmin Side Effects
Effect on organs?
- Patients with severe liver and kidney disease should use Oskar DSR with caution. Dose adjustment by doctor might be needed in few cases.
Reported Allergic Reactions?
- Report to your doctor if you are allergic to any of the ingredients of Oskar DSR. Signs of allergic reaction include:
- Rashes/itching of skin
- Shortness of breath
- Swelling of face, lips, tongue, or throat
- Loss of consciousness
Drug Interactions to Be Careful About
- It is always advised that the patient must inform the doctor of all the drugs/over the counter products/vitamin supplements being used along with Oskar DSR capsules.
- All the possible drug interactions might not be listed here. Oskar DSR may interact with the following drugs and products:
Shows Effects / Results In:
- The effects of Oskar DSR start within 30 minutes to 1 hour following oral administration and reach its maximum (inhibition of acid) in 2 hours.
Storage of Oskar DSR
- Stored at room temperature away from direct sunlight and heat.
- Keep medicines away from children and pets.
Pro Tips When Taking Oskar DSR:
- Oskar DSR when used in larger doses and for longer duration may increase your risk for bone fractures (osteoporosis) especially among elderly.
- When used for longer duration, it may also cause decrease in magnesium levels in blood. Constant monitoring of blood magnesium levels should be done when on Oskar DSR therapy.
Frequently asked questions
Is Oskar DSR addictive?
- No such tendency has been reported.
Can I have Oskar DSR with alcohol?
- Consumption of alcohol is not recommended when on Oskar DSR therapy as alcohol increases acidity and cause reflex in food pipe which may further aggregate the problem and reduce the potency of Oskar DSR.
Any particular food item to be avoided?
- No such interaction with food products observed.
Can I have Oskar DSR when pregnant?
- Usage of Oskar DSR is not recommended during pregnancy as it has shown adverse effects on foetus in animal studies. It should only be used if the potential benefits justify the risks involved.
Can I have Oskar DSR when feeding a baby?
- Nursing mothers are advised to use Oskar DSR with caution as the drug may pass into breast milk and could harm the baby.
Can I drive after taking Oskar DSR?
- Few patients on Oskar DSR may experience side effects like dizziness, headache, decreased alertness etc. Caution must be exercised in such patients when driving or operating heavy machinery.
What happens if I overdose on Oskar DSR?
- It should not be administered in more than recommended dose as it may lead to toxicity. Major signs of acute toxicity include: confusion, tremors, drowsiness, increased heart beat etc.
What happens if I take expired Oskar DSR?
- Taking a single expired dose may not cause any major adverse effect. However, the potency of the medicine may well have been reduced.
What happens if I miss a dose of Oskar DSR?
- Always administer the missed dose as soon as you remember it. But, if it’s already time for the second dose– do not take double the dose to make up for the missed dose.