Table of Contents
- What is Oxycodone?
- Uses of Oxycodone
- How Does Oxycodone Work?
- How to Take Oxycodone?
- Oxycodone Price in India
- Common Dosage for Oxycodone
- Precautions – When to Avoid Oxycodone?
- Side-Effects of Oxycodone
- Effects of Oxycodone on Organs
- Drug Interactions to be Careful About
- Effects/Results after Consuming Oxycodone
- Storage Requirements about Oxycodone
- Pro Tips When Taking Oxycodone
- FAQs – Things to Know About Oxycodone
- Is Oxycodone addictive?
- Can I have Oxycodone with alcohol?
- Any particular food item to be avoided?
- Can I have Oxycodone when pregnant?
- Can I have Oxycodone when feeding a baby?
- Can I drive after taking Oxycodone?
- What happens if I overdose on Oxycodone?
- What happens if I eat expired Oxycodone?
- What happens if I miss a dose of Oxycodone?
- When Was Oxycodone Made?
What is Oxycodone?
Oxycodone is sold under the brand name Percocet and OxyContin. It is an opioid medication and available in combination with paracetamol and NSAIs. Oxycodone is used to treat different types of pain.
Buy & Get Minimum 30% Discount: Pharmeasy Medicines | Med Life
Uses of Oxycodone
- Oxycodone is used to treat pain from injuries, cancer and other conditions.
- It is also used as a narcotic analgesic drug.
How Does Oxycodone Work?
Oxycodone works by binding to the opioid receptors in CNS and spinal which triggers some response to relieve pain.
How to Take Oxycodone?
- Swallow the tablet wholly.
- Do not crush, chew or break it.
- Take it with meal or water.
- Try to take Oxycodone the same time every day.
Oxycodone Price in India
|Oxycodone (Volume of 10)||Rupees 110.00|
Also Read: Paroxetine Price | Percocet Price
Common Dosage for Oxycodone
The dosage is different for different conditions. So it is safe to consult the doctor before taking the dosage. The dosage of Oxycodone is from 5 to 20 mg which should be taken in every 4 to 6 hours.
Also Read: Naloxone Dosage | Naprosyn Dosage
Precautions – When to Avoid Oxycodone?
While taking Oxycodone you should follow the following steps:
- Don’t delay or miss a scheduled meal or snack
- Don’t take Oxycodone along with other certain medications.
- Avoid consuming alcohol for initial days while taking Oxycodone.
Side-Effects of Oxycodone
Some common side effects of Oxycodone are:
- Low blood pressure
- Irregular heart beat
- Retention in urine
- Itching and rashes in skin
- Abdominal pain
Effects of Oxycodone on Organs
Long-term usage of Oxycodone may cause an increased function of the kidney which makes its condition worse.
Drug Interactions to be Careful About
Drugs like sedatives, CNS depressants with oxycodone cause respiratory problems and even coma and death. Pentazocine, nalbuphine also reduce the analgesic effect of this drug. Drugs like diuretics and anticholinergics also cause some serious side effects.
Effects/Results after Consuming Oxycodone
Oxycodone will show its effect within 30 minutes and may take up to 2 hours to get out of the system through urine.
Storage Requirements about Oxycodone
Oxycodone can be stored in a closed container at room temperature about 250C away from heat, moisture, and direct light.
Pro Tips When Taking Oxycodone
- Oxycodone should be taken in the prescribed dosage and one must only increase the dosage when the physician prescribes it.
- Do not abruptly stop taking Oxycodone as it may cause negative effects on the body.
- Avoid alcohol while taking this drug.
- Consult your doctor before taking Oxycodone if you have a medical history with a heart attack, kidney diseases, etc.
FAQs – Things to Know About Oxycodone
Is Oxycodone addictive?
Long-term use of Oxycodone may cause addiction.
Can I have Oxycodone with alcohol?
No. Having Oxycodone with alcohol will cause sleepiness and confusion.
Any particular food item to be avoided?
Can I have Oxycodone when pregnant?
No reports are there to prove that Oxycodone can cause any birth defects.
Can I have Oxycodone when feeding a baby?
There are no side effects reported in the baby even though Oxycodone is passed through breast milk.
Can I drive after taking Oxycodone?
No. Oxycodone can cause drowsiness.
What happens if I overdose on Oxycodone?
It would cause dizziness, light-headedness, and drowsiness.
What happens if I eat expired Oxycodone?
It will not be effective but sometimes it may cause side effects.
What happens if I miss a dose of Oxycodone?
If you miss a dose of Oxycodone take it as soon as you remembe it within the next 12 hours. If you don’t, then just go back to your regular dosage.
When Was Oxycodone Made?
Oxycodone was made in the year 1939.
Other medicine's to read: Nifedipine | Nortriptyline