Table of Contents
- What is Oxynerve Plus?
- Uses of Oxynerve Plus
- How does Oxynerve Plus work?
- How to Take Oxynerve Plus?
- Common Dosage for Oxynerve Plus
- When to Avoid Oxynerve Plus?
- Precautions While Taking Oxynerve Plus
- Side-Effects of Oxynerve Plus
- What are the effects of Oxynerve Plus on organs?
- Drug Interactions to be Careful About
- Oxynerve Plus – Composition, Variant and Price– Buyer’s Guide
- Substitutes of Oxynerve Plus
- FAQs – 10 Important Questions Answered about Oxynerve Plus
- Similar Read:
What is Oxynerve Plus?
Oxynerve Plus is a multi-vitamin and multi-mineral oral supplement used predominantly for the treatment of neuropathies (diseases of nerve). It is available as an over the counter drug but it is always better to use it under medical supervision as advised as it may lead to adverse effects like nausea, vomiting, stomach ache etc.
Composition –Mecobalmin (Vitamin B12) – 1500mcg Folic acid (Vitamin B9) – 1.5mg Alpha lipoic acid – 200mg Inositol – 100mg Chromium picolinate – 200mcg Seleno methionine – 55mcg Zinc monomethionine – 25mg
Manufactured By – Centercon Pharmaceutical
Prescription– Available as OTC
Form – Capsule (most commonly consumed form)
Price – Rs. 187.5
Type of Drug –Multivitamin, Multimineral
Read more: Neosporin Composition | Neuragen Composition
Uses of Oxynerve Plus
It is used as a nutritional supplement in various cases of vitamin and mineral deficiency or in cases where there are increased requirement of above mentioned ingredients. Oxynerve Plus can be used in treatment or prevention of following diseases or symptoms:
- Megaloblastic anaemia(Some people can’t absorb enough vitamin B-12from their food, leading to megaloblastic anemia)
- Diabetic neuropathy (Vit B12 helps in protecting the integrity of nerve cells and encourages their normal growth)
- Peripheral neuropathy (Vit B12 helps in protecting the integrity of nerve cells and encourages their normal growth)
- Alcoholic neuropathy (Vit B12 helps in protecting the integrity of nerve cells and encourages their normal growth)
- Permanent nerve damage (Vit B12 helps in protecting the integrity of nerve cells and encourages their normal growth)
- Poor diet or poor absorption of food
- Diabetes (to protect against diabetes induced neuropathy and Chromium is required for normal functioning of insulin hormones which maintains blood sugar)
- High cholesterol (Selenium and alpha lipoic acid are antioxidants)
- Selenium deficiency
How does Oxynerve Plus work?
- Vitamin B12, the primary ingredient of Oxynerve Plus is necessary for production and maturation of red blood cells. It also helps in protecting the integrity of nerve cells and encourages their normal growth.
- Thus lack of Vitamin B12 can cause anaemia (due to lack of/defective RBC production and maturation) and neuropathy (nerve damage).
- Folic acid is important for regulating body functions and lack of folic acid can lead to anaemia in adults and developmental deformities in infants born to mothers with deficiency of folic acid.
- Alpha lipoic acid is an anti-oxidant which prevents damage to body cells by oxidative stress.
- Zinc is essential for normal growth of tissues and repairs damaged tissues while inositol maintains chemical balance of the body.
- Chromium is required for normal functioning of insulin hormones which maintains blood sugar.
- Selenium is an important anti-oxidant which protects the body against oxidative stress and ageing.
How to Take Oxynerve Plus?
- Available in Capsule form, the dose and duration of use of Oxynerve Plus should be based on doctor’s instructions.
- Swallow the Capsule as a whole and do not chew or crush it.
- When taken in oral form, it can be taken with or without food. For patients with gastric problems, it is better to take it with food or immediately after food.
Common Dosage for Oxynerve Plus
The drug dosage is decided by the physician based upon:
- Health status/medical condition of the patient
- Severity of symptoms
- Reaction to the first dose
- History of allergy/drug reactions
- Oxynerve Plus Capsule are nutritional supplements which should be taken at a fixed time every day.
- Adult dose: One Capsule once or twice a day or as instructed by the doctor.
Q. What happens if I overdose on Oxynerve Plus?
Oxynerve Plus should not be administered in more than prescribed dose. Taking increased dose will not improve your symptoms earlier; rather it may cause serious side-effects. In case of over dosage, consult your doctor immediately.
Q. What happens if I miss a dose of Oxynerve Plus?
The potency of the medicine may decrease because for effective working of the drug, a certain amount of drug must be present in your body at all times. Always consume the missed dose as soon as you remember. But, if it’s already time for the next dose – do not double the dose.
Q. What happens if I eat expired Oxynerve Plus?
The medicine may not work as well as the potency of the medicine gets affected. Please inform your physician regarding the same. To be on the safer side, always check and never use an expired drug.
Q. What is the onset time of Oxynerve Plus?
You should start to feel recovered within one week to three months following treatment with Oxynerve Plus Capsules.
Q. Till When Does the Effect of Oxynerve Plus Stay?
Oxynerve Plus is a nutritional supplement which is used as an adjunct to the main therapy. The effect of Oxynerve Plus cannot be predicted.
Read more: Normaton Dosage
When to Avoid Oxynerve Plus?
Oxynerve Plus Capsule should not be used in the following conditions:
- Allergy – if the patient is allergic to any of the components present in Oxynerve Plus.
- Liver Disease – Patients with severe liver disease must consult the physician before use.
- Kidney disease – Patients with severe kidney disease or on dialysis must consult the physician before use.
- Cardiac arrhythmias – Patients with problems related to heart rhythm must consult the physician before use.
- Breast feeding – Breast-feeding women must consult the physician before use of Oxynerve Plus.
Precautions While Taking Oxynerve Plus
It should not be administered in more than the prescribed dose as it may lead to adverse effects.
Read more: Noworm Plus Precaution | Onestone Precaution
Side-Effects of Oxynerve Plus
Despite its nutritional benefits, it may have some unwanted side effects. More commonly observed side effects may include:
- Nausea (common)
- Vomiting (common)
- Loss of appetite (common)
- Flatulence (common)
- Stomach ache (less common)
- Headache(less common)
- Vertigo(less common)
- Diarrhoea(less common)
- Bitterness of mouth(less common)
- Disturbed sleeping pattern (rare)
- Allergic reactions (rare)
Are There Any Reported Allergic Reactions to Oxynerve Plus?
Tell your doctor if you are allergic to any of its ingredients. Signs and symptoms include:
- Rash (common)
- Itching (common)
- Shortness of breath (less common)
- Swelling of face, lips, tongue, or throat (rare)
- Loss of consciousness (rare)
What are the effects of Oxynerve Plus on organs?
No adverse effects observed on any organ while taking Oxynerve Plus.
Drug Interactions to be Careful About
Drug interaction refers to effect of drugs on each other and on human body after ingestion. Large numbers of medicines have shown to interact with each other. Interactions are not just limited to drugs, but certain food items and some laboratory tests which should not be taken right after consuming Oxynerve Plus. We explore these in details below.
1. Food Interactions with Oxynerve Plus
No particular food item to be avoided apart from alcohol as it may cause liver damage
2. Medicines Interactions with Oxynerve Plus
It is always advised that the patient must inform the physician about all the drugs/over the counter products/vitamin supplements used.It may interact with the following drugs and products:
- Alcohol (mild)
- Carbamazepine (mild)
3. Effects of Oxynerve Plus on Lab Tests
No effect on any lab tests noted while taking Oxynerve Plus.
4. Interactions with Pre-existing Conditions/Diseases
Patients suffering from pre-existing liver and kidney diseases must consult their physician before consuming Oxynerve Plus.
Q. Can I have Oxynerve Plus with alcohol?
Consumption of alcohol is not recommended when on Oxynerve Plus as it might increase the risk of side effects and may cause excessive drowsiness & calmness. Concomitant use of Alcohol with Oxynerve Plus can also inhibit the absorption of vitamin B12.
Q. Any particular food item to be avoided?
No, Oxynerve Plus acts as a nutritional supplement. No alteration in its action seen with any food product.
Q. Can I have Oxynerve Plus when pregnant?
Oxynerve Plus can be used in pregnant patients under medical supervision if the benefits outweigh the risks involved. Always inform your doctor if you are pregnant or plan to become pregnant.
Q. Can I have Oxynerve Plus when feeding a baby?
Oxynerve Plus should be used with caution while breast feeding as the effect of its constituents on quantity and quality of milk production is unknown.Discuss the risks and benefits with your doctor before consuming these Capsules.
Q. Can I drive after taking Oxynerve Plus?
Oxynerve Plus doesn’t affect one’s ability to drive.However, if someone experiences side effects like headache or dizziness then it may not be advisable to drive a vehicle and operate heavy machinery while on this medication.
Oxynerve Plus – Composition, Variant and Price– Buyer’s Guide
|OXYNERVE PLUS Variants||OXYNERVE PLUS Composition||OXYNERVE PLUS Price (Rs.)|
|OXYNERVE PLUS 2ML INJ
|Methylcobalamin 1000 MCG+Niacinamide 100 MG+Pyridoxine 100 MG /ML||Rs. 187.5|
Save Using: Myra Medicines Coupon Code | 1mg Coupon Code | Practo Coupon Code
Substitutes of Oxynerve Plus
The following are alternative drugs for Oxynerve Plus:
- Vincomo Plus
- Manufactured by – Mas life science
- Price – Rs. 235
- Nervact plus
- Manufactured by – Sifco Pharma
- Price – Rs. 150
- Dianuron Plus
- Manufactured by – JS Laboratories
Storage requirements for Oxynerve Plus
- Storage at room temperature away from direct light and heat unless mentioned in the package insert.
- Keep medicines away from children and pets.
FAQs – 10 Important Questions Answered about Oxynerve Plus
Q. What is Oxynerve Plus?
Ans. Oxynerve Plus is a multi-vitamin and multi-mineral oral supplement used predominantly for the treatment of neuropathies (diseases of nerve). It is available as an over the counter drug but it is always better to use it under medical supervision as advised as it may lead to adverse effects like nausea, vomiting, stomach ache etc.
Q. What are the uses of Oxynerve Plus?
Ans. It is used predominantly for the treatment of neuropathies
Q. What are the side effects of Oxynerve Plus?
Ans. The most common side effects of Oxynerve Plus are heartburn, vertigo, nausea, diarrhea, and constipation.
Q. Should Oxynerve Plus be taken on an empty stomach?
Oxynerve Plus can be taken empty stomach as well as after food.
Q. Does Oxynerve Plus make you drowsy?
No. It does not make you drowsy.
Q.What should be the time gap between the intakes of 2 Oxynerve Plus Capsules?
There should be a time gap of atleast 8-12 hours between the intakes of 2 Oxynerve Plus Capsules.
Q. Should I complete the whole cycle of the medicine even if cured?
A complete course prescribed by your doctor must be taken for complete cessation of symptoms from your body.
Q. Does Oxynerve Plus effect my menstrual cycle?
No, Oxynerve Plus does not affect your menstrual cycle.
Q. Is Oxynerve Plus safe for children?
Oxynerve Plus is safe for consumption in children.
Q. Are there any symptoms that I should consider before taking Oxynerve Plus?
Oxynerve Plus is commonly used for treatment of diabetic neuropathy however along with this; anti-diabetic medicine should also be simultaneously administered as it only helps in relieving the symptoms but doesn’t treat the underlying condition (diabetes).
Q.Is Oxynerve Plus legal in India?
Yes, it is legal.
Disclaimer – The information provided above is to the best of our research and knowledge. However, you are recommended to consult a physician before consuming the drug.