Skip to Content
- What is Pan 40?
- Uses of Pan 40
- How does Pan 40 work?
- How to take Pan 40?
- Common Dosage for Pan 40
- When to Avoid Pan 40?
- Precautions While Taking Pan 40
- Side-Effects of Pan 40
- Drug Interactions to be Careful About
- 1. Food Interactions with Pan 40
- 2. Medicines Interactions with Pan 40
- 3. Effects of Pan 40 on Lab Tests
- 4. Pan 40’s interactions with Pre-existing Conditions/Diseases
- Q. Can I have Pan 40 with alcohol?
- Q. Any particular food item to be avoided?
- Q. Can I have Pan 40 when pregnant?
- Q. Can I have Pan 40 when feeding a baby?
- Q. Can I drive after taking Pan 40?
- Buyer’s Guide – Pan 40 Composition, Variant and Price
- Substitutes of Pan 40
- FAQs – 10 Questions Answered about Pan 40
- Q. What is Pan 40?
- Q. How effective it is/ How long does it take for Pan 40 to show results?
- Q. Should Pan 40 be taken on an empty stomach?
- Q. Does Pan 40 make you drowsy?
- Q. What should be the time gap between the consumption of 2 Pan 40 doses?
- Q. Should I complete the whole cycle of the medicine even if cured?
- Q. Does Pan 40 effect my menstrual cycle?
- Q. Is Pan 40 safe for children?
- Q. Are there any symptoms that I should consider before taking Pan 40?
- Q. Is Pan 40 legal in India?
- Authored By –
1What is Pan 40?
Used mainly to prevent or treat acidity, gas and heartburn. Diarrhoea and dizziness are the commonly seen side effects at repetitive high doses. It should be totally avoided in case of liver or kidney disease and allergic reactions.
Pan 40 Composition: Pantoprazole Sodium 40mg
Manufactured By: Alkem Laboratories Ltd.
Prescription: Required as it comes under schedule ‘H’ but it is also available as OTC
Price: Rs 73 for 10 tablets.
Expiry/Shelf Life: 24 months from the date of manufacturing
Type of Drug: Proton Pump Inhibitor