Table of Contents
- 1 What is Pantocid?
- 2 Uses of Pantocid
- 3 How does Pantocid work?
- 4 How to take Pantocid?
- 5 Pantocid Common Dosage
- 6 When to Avoid Pantocid?
- 7 Precautions While Taking Pantocid:
- 8 Side-Effects of Pantocid:
- 9 Drug Interactions to be Careful About
- 10 Buyer’s Guide – Pantocid Composition, Variant and Price
- 11 Substitutes of Pantocid
- 12 FAQs – 12 Important Questions Answered about Pantocid
- 13 Authored By –
1What is Pantocid?
Pantocid is mainly used to prevent or treat acidity, gas and heartburn. Diarrhea and dizziness are the commonly seen side effects at repetitive high doses. It should be totally avoided in case of liver or kidney disease and allergic reactions.
Pantocid Composition: Pantoprazole Sodium 40mg
Manufactured By: Sun Pharma Laboratories Ltd.
Prescription: Required as it comes under schedule ‘H’ but it is also available as OTC
Form: Tablets and capsules.
Price: Rs 130 for 15 tablets.
Expiry/Shelf Life: 24 months from the date of manufacturing
Type of Drug: Proton Pump Inhibitor