Skip to Content
- What is Percocet?
- Uses of Percocet
- How Does Percocet Work?
- How to Take Percocet?
- Percocet Price in India
- Common Dosage for Percocet
- Precautions – When to Avoid Percocet?
- Side-Effects of Percocet
- Effects of Percocet on Organs
- Drug Interactions to be Careful About
- Effects/Results after Consuming Percocet
- Storage Requirements about Percocet
- Pro Tips When Taking Percocet
- FAQs – Things to Know About Percocet
- Is Percocet addictive?
- Can I have Percocet with alcohol?
- Any particular food item to be avoided?
- Can I have Percocet when pregnant?
- Can I have Percocet when feeding a baby?
- Can I drive after taking Percocet?
- What happens if I overdose on Percocet?
- What happens if I eat expired Percocet?
- What happens if I miss a dose of Percocet?
- When was Percocet made?
What is Percocet?
Percocet is a combination of Percocet and acetaminophen. It is an opioid medication and available in combination with paracetamol and NSAIs. Percocet is used to treat different types of pain.
Manufactured By – Endo International plc,
Buy & Get Minimum 30% Discount: Pharmeasy Discount Coupon | 1Mg.Com Offers
Uses of Percocet
- Percocet is used to treat pain from injuries, cancer and other conditions.
- It is also used as on narcotic analgesic drugs.
How Does Percocet Work?
Percocet works by binding to the opioid receptors in CNS and spinal which triggers some response to relieve pain.
How to Take Percocet?
- Swallow the tablet wholly.
- Do not crush, chew or break it.
- Take Percocet with meal or water.
- Try to take this medication the same time every day.
Percocet Price in India
|Percocet (Volume of 10)||Rs 112.00|
Also Read: Naloxone Price | Naprosyn Price
Common Dosage for Percocet
The dosage is different for different conditions. So it is safe to consult the doctor before taking the dosage. The dosage of Percocet is from 5 to 20 mg which should be taken between every 4 to 6 hours.
Also Read: Nifedipine Dosage | Nortriptyline Dosage | Oxycodone Dosage
Precautions – When to Avoid Percocet?
While taking Percocet you should follow the following steps:
- Don’t delay or miss a scheduled meal or snack
- Don’t take Percocet along with other certain medications.
- Avoid consuming alcohol for initial days while taking this drug.
Side-Effects of Percocet
Some common side effects of Percocet are:
- Low blood pressure
- Irregular heart beat
- Retention in urine
- Itching and rashes in skin
- Abdominal pain
Effects of Percocet on Organs
Long-term usage of Percocet may cause an increased function of the kidney, which makes its condition worse.
Drug Interactions to be Careful About
Drugs like sedatives, CNS depressants with Percocet cause respiratory problems and even coma and death. Pentazocine, nalbuphine also reduce the analgesic effect of Percocet. Drugs like diuretics and anticholinergics also cause some serious side effects.
Effects/Results after Consuming Percocet
Percocet will show its effect within 30 minutes and may take up to 2 hours to get out of the system through urine.
Storage Requirements about Percocet
Percocet can be stored in a closed container at room temperature about 250C away from heat, moisture, and direct light.
Pro Tips When Taking Percocet
- Percocet should be taken in the prescribed dosage and one must only increase the dosage when the physician prescribes it.
- Do not abruptly stop taking this drug as it may cause negative effects on the body.
- Avoid alcohol while taking Percocet.
- Consult your doctor before taking this drug if you have a medical history with heart attack, kidney diseases, etc.
FAQs – Things to Know About Percocet
Is Percocet addictive?
Long term use of Percocet may cause addiction.
Can I have Percocet with alcohol?
No. Having Percocet with alcohol will cause sleepiness and confusion.
Any particular food item to be avoided?
Can I have Percocet when pregnant?
No reports are there to prove that Percocet causes any birth defects.
Can I have Percocet when feeding a baby?
There are no side effects reported in the baby even though it is passed through breast milk.
Can I drive after taking Percocet?
No. Percocet can cause drowsiness.
What happens if I overdose on Percocet?
It would cause dizziness, light-headedness, and drowsiness.
What happens if I eat expired Percocet?
It will not be effective but sometimes it may cause side effects.
What happens if I miss a dose of Percocet?
If you miss a dose of Percocet take it as soon as you remember it within the next 12 hours. If you don’t, then just go back to your regular dosage.
When was Percocet made?
Percocet was made in the year 1970s.
Also read about other medicine: Paroxetine