Table of Contents
- What is Permethrin?
- What is Permethrin used for?
- How Does Permethrin Work?
- Permethrin Price In India
- How to use Permethrin?
- Common Dosage for Permethrin?
- When to Avoid Permethrin?
- Side-Effects of Permethrin
- Effects of Permethrin on Organs?
- Are There Any Reported Allergic Reactions?
- Drug Interactions to Be Careful About
- Effects/Results After Consuming Permethrin
- Is Permethrin addictive?
- Can I use Permethrin with alcohol?
- Any particular food item to be avoided?
- Can I use Permethrin when pregnant?
- Can I use Permethrin when feeding a baby?
- Can I drive after using Permethrin?
- What happens if I overdose on Permethrin?
- What happens if I use expired Permethrin?
- What happens if I miss a dose of Permethrin?
- Storage Requirements for Permethrin
- Pro Tips When Taking Permethrin
What is Permethrin?
Permethrin is an anti-parasitic medication which is prescribed generally in cream and lotion form.
Buy & Get Minimum 20% Discount: 1Mg Promo Code | Medlife Promo Code
What is Permethrin used for?
Permethrin is used for the treatment of:
- Head lice
- Pubic lice
How Does Permethrin Work?
Permethrin is an insecticide containing chemicals which paralyze the mites and kills them. It also kills the eggs of the mites to prevent further spread.
Permethrin Price In India
|30g of Tube 5% Permethrin Cream||Rs 55.00|
How to use Permethrin?
Permethrin is to be applied only on the external surface of your body (skin). You must clean and dry the affected area before applying this cream. Apply a thin layer of Permethrin over the affected area. Massage the area properly so that the medication is properly absorbed.
Common Dosage for Permethrin?
Permethrin is generally prescribed two times to four times daily. Your doctor may alter your dosage and its frequency depending upon the severity of your condition.
Also Read: Magnesium Sulphate Dosage
When to Avoid Permethrin?
Avoid Permethrin if:
- You are allergic to any component of Permethrin
- You have skin infections
- You have asthma
Side-Effects of Permethrin
Some common side effects of Permethrin are:
- Skin burn
- Stinging sensation
- Severe dizziness
- Trouble breathing
- Redness of skin
- Swelling of skin
Other medicine's Side Effect: Prochlorperazine Side Effect | Propofol Side Effect
Effects of Permethrin on Organs?
Use of Permethrin is safe for the patients with kidney and liver disease. Your doctor may adjust your dose as per your requirement.
Are There Any Reported Allergic Reactions?
Some of the common allergic reactions reported with Permethrin are hives, difficulty breathing, and swelling of your face, lips, tongue, or throat.
Drug Interactions to Be Careful About
There are no known drug interactions of Permethrin. Consult your doctor about the possible drugs which can interact with this medication.
Effects/Results After Consuming Permethrin
The effect of Permethrin can be observed within 1 hour of administration. Your parasitic symptom will start to improve after taking this medication.
Things to Know About Permethrin
Is Permethrin addictive?
Permethrin is not addictive in nature
Can I use Permethrin with alcohol?
It is better to avoid alcohol when on Permethrin. Consult your doctor about limiting alcohol with this medication. Co-consumption of alcohol with Permethrin causes excessive sleepiness and drowsiness.
Any particular food item to be avoided?
You must consult your doctor regarding the foods to be avoided.
Can I use Permethrin when pregnant?
In most cases, it is safe to take Permethrin if you are pregnant or planning a pregnancy. However, consult your doctor if it is absolutely necessary to take this medication.
Can I use Permethrin when feeding a baby?
Permethrin is not known to pass in mother’s milk to the baby. However, consult your doctor if it is absolutely necessary to take this medication while you are breastfeeding.
Can I drive after using Permethrin?
It is generally safe to drive while taking Permethrin. However, if you experience drowsiness, dizziness, a headache or any side effect that alters your consciousness then it may not be safe to drive.
What happens if I overdose on Permethrin?
An overdose of Permethrin will not improve your symptoms. It may even cause serious side-effects like passing out, trouble breathing, etc. Consult your doctor immediately in case of overdose.
What happens if I use expired Permethrin?
If by mistake you use a dose of expired Permethrin, the chances of harm are very less. It is advised to check the label for expiry date always before use.
What happens if I miss a dose of Permethrin?
As soon as you remember to take the missed dose. However, if it is already time for next dose, carry on with your regular schedule. Do not use a double dose to make up for the missed dose.
Storage Requirements for Permethrin
- Always store Permethrin at a temperature around 25 degree Celsius
- Storing in moisture-prone places like bathroom may damage the tablet
- Place the cap tightly after use of this cream
- Keep Permethrin away from direct heat and sunlight
- Store it where your children and pets can’t reach
Pro Tips When Taking Permethrin
- Do not try to self-adjust the dose. Take it in the quantity prescribed by your doctor.
- Do not share your medication with anyone even if they have a similar condition.
- Discuss the pros and cons of this medication if you are pregnant or planning a pregnancy or if you are breastfeeding.
- Always wear gloves while applying Permethrin as it causes irritation in hands.
- Do not apply Permethrin to a child below 6 months of age.
- Contact your doctor if you see no improvement even after 2-week use.
Also read about other medicine's: Pheniramine Maleate | Phenobarbital