Table of Contents
- 1 What is Pheniramine Maleate?
- 2 What is Pheniramine Maleate used for?
- 3 How Does Pheniramine Maleate Work?
- 4 How to Take Pheniramine Maleate?
- 5 Pheniramine Maleate Price In India
- 6 Common Dosage for Pheniramine Maleate?
- 7 When to Avoid Pheniramine Maleate?
- 8 Side-Effects of Pheniramine Maleate
- 9 Effects of Pheniramine Maleate on Organs?
- 10 Are There Any Reported Allergic Reactions?
- 11 Drug Interactions to Be Careful About
- 12 Effects/Results After Consuming Pheniramine Maleate
- 13 FAQs
- 14 Is Pheniramine Maleate addictive?
- 15 Can I have Pheniramine Maleate with alcohol?
- 16 Any particular food item to be avoided?
- 17 Can I have Pheniramine Maleate when pregnant?
- 18 Can I have Pheniramine Maleate when feeding a baby?
- 19 Can I drive after taking Pheniramine Maleate?
- 20 What happens if I overdose on Pheniramine Maleate?
- 21 What happens if I eat expired Pheniramine Maleate?
- 22 What happens if I miss a dose of Pheniramine Maleate?
- 23 Storage Requirements for Pheniramine Maleate
- 24 Pro Tips When Taking Pheniramine Maleate
What is Pheniramine Maleate?
Pheniramine Maleate is an anti-allergic medication used to treat a variety of allergic reaction in the body.
Other variants and composition –
Pheniramine Maleate 25 MG Tablet – Pheniramine maleate 25 MG
Buy & Get Minimum 20% Discount: Pharmeasy Discount Coupon | 1Mg.Com Offers
What is Pheniramine Maleate used for?
Pheniramine Maleate is used for the treatment of:
- Hay fever
- Runny nose
- Meniere’s disease
- Travel sickness
- Itching skin
- Skin rashes
Also Read: Magnesium Sulphate Uses
How Does Pheniramine Maleate Work?
Histamines are the chemical produced within the body and are responsible for triggering the allergic symptoms. Pheniramine Maleate acts by blocking the action of histamine within the body thus relieving symptoms of allergy.
How to Take Pheniramine Maleate?
Pheniramine Maleate tablet must be swallowed as a whole with a glass of water. You must not chew, crush or break the tablet while taking it. If you are prescribed with syrup form them measure the quantity prescribed with measuring cup and drink it. Always shake the bottle before use. You may consume Pheniramine Maleate on an empty or full stomach.
Pheniramine Maleate Price In India
|Specifics||Pheniramine Maleate Price|
|10ml 25mg Injection||Rs 6.2|
Common Dosage for Pheniramine Maleate?
Pheniramine Maleate is generally prescribed two times to four times daily. Your doctor may alter your dosage and its frequency depending upon the severity of your condition.
When to Avoid Pheniramine Maleate?
Avoid Pheniramine Maleate if:
- You are allergic to any component of Pheniramine Maleate
- You have narrow-angle glaucoma
- You have a blockage in your stomach or intestines,
- You have an enlarged prostate,
- You are unable to urinate
- You have asthma
Side-Effects of Pheniramine Maleate
Some of the reported side effects of Pheniramine Maleate are:
- Blurred vision
- Altered thinking
- Restlessness or nervousness
- Dry mouth
Also Read: Permethrin Side Effect | Phenobarbital Side Effect
Effects of Pheniramine Maleate on Organs?
Long term use of Pheniramine Maleate is not safe for the patients with kidney and liver disease. Your doctor may adjust your dose as per your requirement.
Are There Any Reported Allergic Reactions?
Some of the common allergic reactions reported with Pheniramine maleate are hives, difficulty breathing, and swelling of your face, lips, tongue, or throat.
Drug Interactions to Be Careful About
One should be careful of the following drug interactions when consuming Pheniramine Maleate:
- Sleeping pill
- Pain medicine
- Muscle relaxer
- Anxiety medication
- Seizure medications
Effects/Results After Consuming Pheniramine Maleate
The effect of Pheniramine Maleate can be observed within 15 to 30 minutes of administration. Your allergic symptoms will start to improve after taking this medication.
Things to Know About Pheniramine Maleate
Is Pheniramine Maleate addictive?
Pheniramine Maleate may cause dependence especially if you are prone to drug abuse. Use this medication only for the prescribed time period.
Can I have Pheniramine Maleate with alcohol?
It is better to avoid alcohol when on Pheniramine Maleate. Consult your doctor about limiting alcohol with this medication. Co-consumption of alcohol with Pheniramine Maleate causes excessive sleepiness and drowsiness.
Any particular food item to be avoided?
You must consult your doctor regarding the foods to be avoided.
Can I have Pheniramine Maleate when pregnant?
In most cases, it is not safe to take Pheniramine Maleate if you are pregnant or planning a pregnancy. Consult your doctor if it is absolutely necessary to take this medication.
Can I have Pheniramine Maleate when feeding a baby?
Pheniramine Maleate is known to pass in mother’s milk to the baby. Consult your doctor if it is absolutely necessary to take this medication while you are breastfeeding.
Can I drive after taking Pheniramine Maleate?
It is generally safe to drive while taking Pheniramine Maleate. However, if you experienc drowsiness, dizziness, a headache or any side effect that alters your consciousness then it may not be safe to drive.
What happens if I overdose on Pheniramine Maleate?
An overdose of Pheniramine Maleate will not improve your symptoms. It may even cause serious side-effects like stomach pain, nausea, vomiting, and diarrhea. Consult your doctor immediately in case of overdose.
What happens if I eat expired Pheniramine Maleate?
If by mistake you consume a dose of expired Pheniramine Maleate, the chances of harm are very less. It is advised to check the label for expiry date always before use.
What happens if I miss a dose of Pheniramine Maleate?
As soon as you remember, take the missed dose. However, if it is already time for next dose, carry on with your regular schedule. Do not take a double dose to make up for the missed dose.
Storage Requirements for Pheniramine Maleate
- Always store Pheniramine Maleate at a temperature around 25 degree Celsius
- Storing in moisture-prone places like bathroom may damage the tablet
- Place the cap tightly after use of suspension form of this drug
- Keep Pheniramine Maleate away from direct heat and sunlight
- Store it where your children and pets can’t reach
Pro Tips When Taking Pheniramine Maleate
- Do not try to self-adjust the dose. Take it in the quantity prescribed by your doctor.
- Do not share your medication with anyone even if they have a similar condition.
- Discuss the pros and cons of Pheniramine Maleate if you are pregnant or planning a pregnancy or if you are breastfeeding.
- You should not use Pheniramine Maleate for more than 7 days in a row as it is a habit-forming drug.
- Older people are more prone to the side effects of Pheniramine Maleate.