Table of Contents
- 1 What Is Peppermint Oil?
- 2 Natural Characteristics Of Peppermint Oil
- 3 Benefits Of Peppermint Oil For Hair
- 4 How To Apply Peppermint Oil To Your Hair
- 5 Side Effects And Precautions
- 6 Other Oils That Are Good For You
Hair problems occur in both males and females at some point in life. Is having good hair days hard for you? Oiling is not the only way to prevent hair fall or dandruff, choosing the right oil for your hair is.
Flaky scalp with itching sensation is not what you wish for. If you are looking for something natural, Peppermint oil could be the one that makes your hair stronger, shinier, and silkier.
What Is Peppermint Oil?
Peppermint (Mentha piperita) plant is native to Europe and the Middle East. It is extracted from the whole plant before flowering. Have you tasted mint? Peppermint smells like sweet-candy canes, just like mint. Peppermint oil creates cooling and refreshing sensation. There are several benefits of Peppermint oil. However, this post will explore how to use Peppermint oil to benefit your hair.
Natural Characteristics Of Peppermint Oil
- Antimicrobial properties
- Analgesic and Anesthetic properties
- Anti-inflammatory properties
- Natural bug-repellent
- It is rich in Vitamins (A, C)
- It contains minerals such as potassium, calcium, manganese, etc
- It has essential fatty acids like Omega-3
- Antiseptic properties
Benefits Of Peppermint Oil For Hair
Do you have mental stress? Stress is one of the major factors of hair fall. Peppermint oil provides relief from stress, depression and exhaustion. There are many benefits of Peppermint oil yet to explore.
Relief From Mental Stress
Peppermint oil improves blood circulation and releases tense muscles. The analgesic properties of Peppermint oil reduce sensitivity relieving you from severe headaches.
- Mix 4-5 drops of peppermint oil to Jojoba oil
- Apply it with your fingertips
- Leave it for the night
- Shampoo your hair the next morning
Promotes Hair Growth
The essential vitamins and minerals nourish the damaged hair. Simply, mix Peppermint oil with your shampoo. Apply to the scalp. You may leave it for 2-3 minutes and shampoo your hair for best results. Peppermint oil stops hair loss and thinning.
Prevents Head Lice
Peppermint oil has anti-microbial properties. It removes dandruff and prevents the growth of head lice. Apply the oil on too your scalp. You may it with any carrier oil of your choice.
Makes Your Hair Shine
Peppermint oil nourishes your hair with essential fatty acids that repairs damaged cells. Apply Peppermint oil to your scalp. Work it to the roots to leave it for the night. You may mix it with any carrier oil like coconut oil, jojoba oil, or olive oil to enhance the growth of your hair.
Goodbye Dry And Itchy Scalp
A good head massage with Peppermint oil promotes blood circulation. The regenerative effects relieve scalp irritation and dry skin. Apply 4-5 drops of Peppermint twice a week. Mix it with Jojoba oil once in a week.
Also Read: Benefits of Jasmine Oil For Hair
How To Apply Peppermint Oil To Your Hair
Two ways of oiling your hair to give you best results-
- Overnight Oiling
- Oil and shampoo
- First, dampen your hair so it absorbs the moisture along with the oil
- Make sure that your hair is combed
- Start massaging your head with your fingertips
- Comb again with the broad side of the comb to evenly spread out the oil
- Leave your hair oiled overnight
- Shampoo the next morning
Oil And Shampoo
Some of you may not be comfortable with overnight oiling. You can oil your hair 2-3 hours and then shampoo it. You may add Peppermint oil to your shampoo and leave it for 2-3 minutes. Remember to rinse your hair properly.
Side Effects And Precautions
Peppermint oil does not have any side effects. Yet, large quantities may lead seizures. Always remember to apply the oil in small quantities. 4-5 drops of Peppermint oil are enough to add in any carrier oil.
Other Oils That Are Good For You
- Benefits of Jasmine oil
- Benefits of Sesame Oil for Cooking
- Benefits of Lavender Oil for skin
- Benefits of Sesame oil for skin