Table of Contents
- 1 What is Primolut N?
- 2 Uses of Primolut N
- 3 How does Primolut N work?
- 4 How to take Primolut N?
- 5 Common Dosage for Primolut N
- 6 When to Avoid Primolut N?
- 7 Precautions While Taking Primolut N
- 8 Side-Effects of Primolut N
- 9 Drug Interactions With Primolut N to be Careful About
- 9.1 1. Food Interactions with Primolut N
- 9.2 2. Medicines Interactions with Primolut N
- 9.3 3. Effects of Primolut N on Lab Tests
- 9.4 4. Primolut N’s interactions with Pre-existing Conditions/Diseases
- 9.5 Q. Can I have Primolut N with alcohol?
- 9.6 Q. Any particular food item to be avoided?
- 9.7 Q. Can I have Primolut N when pregnant?
- 9.8 Q. Can I have Primolut N when feeding a baby?
- 9.9 Q. Can I drive after taking Primolut N?
- 10 Buyer’s Guide – Primolut N Composition, Variant and Price
- 11 Substitutes of Primolut N
- 12 FAQs – 10 Important Questions Answered about Primolut N
- 12.1 Q. What is Primolut N?
- 12.2 Q. How long does it take for Primolut N to show results?
- 12.3 Q. Should Primolut N be taken on an empty stomach?
- 12.4 Q. Does Primolut N make you drowsy?
- 12.5 Q. What should be the time gap between the consumption of 2 Primolut N doses?
- 12.6 Q. Should I complete the whole cycle of the medicine even if cured?
- 12.7 Q. Does Primolut N effect my menstrual cycle?
- 12.8 Q. Is Primolut N safe for children?
- 12.9 Q. Are there any symptoms that I should consider before taking Primolut N?
- 12.10 Q. Is Primolut N legal in India?
- 13 Authored By –
1What is Primolut N?
It is a medicine which is used as means of contraception (Birth Control) and in other problems associated with the menstruation. Weight gain and changes in libido are the commonly seen side effects. It should be totally avoided in case of pregnancy, undiagnosed vaginal bleeding and depression.
Primolut N Composition: Norethisterone 5mg.
Manufactured By: Zydus Healthcare Ltd
Prescription: Required as it comes under schedule ‘H’.
Price: Rs 53.76 for 10 tablets.
Expiry/Shelf Life: 24 months from the date of manufacturing
Type of Drug: Contraceptive