Table of Contents
- 1 What is Prochlorperazine?
- 2 What is Prochlorperazine used for?
- 3 How Does Prochlorperazine Work?
- 4 How to Take Prochlorperazine?
- 5 Prochlorperazine Price In India
- 6 Common Dosage for Prochlorperazine?
- 7 When to Avoid Prochlorperazine?
- 8 Side-Effects of Prochlorperazine
- 9 Effects of Prochlorperazine on Organs?
- 10 Are There Any Reported Allergic Reactions?
- 11 Drug Interactions to Be Careful About
- 12 Effects/Results After Consuming Prochlorperazine
- 13 FAQs
- 14 Is Prochlorperazine addictive?
- 15 Can I have Prochlorperazine with alcohol?
- 16 Any particular food item to be avoided?
- 17 Can I have Prochlorperazine when pregnant?
- 18 Can I have Prochlorperazine when feeding a baby?
- 19 Can I drive after taking Prochlorperazine?
- 20 What happens if I overdose on Prochlorperazine?
- 21 What happens if I eat expired Prochlorperazine?
- 22 What happens if I miss a dose of Prochlorperazine?
- 23 Storage Requirements for Prochlorperazine
- 24 Pro Tips When Taking Prochlorperazine
What is Prochlorperazine?
Prochlorperazine is an antipsychotic drug used to control nausea and vomiting
Buy & Get Minimum 20% Discount: Pharmeasy Coupons | Medlife Offer
What is Prochlorperazine used for?
Prochlorperazine is used for the treatment of:
- Short term anxiety
- Meniere’s disease
How Does Prochlorperazine Work?
Dopamine is a chemical within the body which binds to its receptor in the brain to produce nausea and vomiting. Prochlorperazine blocks the receptors of dopamine and provides relief from psychotic symptoms and vomiting.
How to Take Prochlorperazine?
Prochlorperazine tablet must be swallowed as a whole with a glass of water. You must not chew, crush or break the tablet while taking it. You may consume Prochlorperazine on an empty or full stomach.
Prochlorperazine Price In India
|Strip of 10 Tablets||Rs 85.00|
Also Read: Permethrin Price | Pheniramine Maleate Price | Phenobarbital Price
Common Dosage for Prochlorperazine?
Prochlorperazine is generally prescribed two times to four times daily. Your doctor may alter your dosage and its frequency depending upon the severity of your condition.
When to Avoid Prochlorperazine?
Avoid Prochlorperazine if:
- You are allergic to any component of Prochlorperazine
- You have CNS depression
- You have low blood pressure
- You have any underlying heart disease
- You have glaucoma
Side-Effects of Prochlorperazine
Some of the reported side effects of Prochlorperazine are:
- Lowering of blood pressure suddenly on standing
- Low blood pressure
- Blurred vision
- Movement disorder
Effects of Prochlorperazine on Organs?
Long-term use of Prochlorperazine is not safe for the patients with kidney and liver disease. Your doctor may adjust your dose as per your requirement.
Are There Any Reported Allergic Reactions?
Some of the common allergic reactions reported with Prochlorperazine are hives, difficulty breathing, and swelling of your face, lips, tongue, or throat.
Drug Interactions to Be Careful About
One needs to be careful of the following drug interactions when consuming Prochlorperazine:
- Blood thinning medications
- Seizure medications
Effects/Results After Consuming Prochlorperazine
The effect of Prochlorperazine can be observed within 1 hour of administration. Your allergic symptoms will start to improve after taking this medication.
Things to Know About Prochlorperazine
Is Prochlorperazine addictive?
Prochlorperazine is not addictive in nature
Can I have Prochlorperazine with alcohol?
It is better to avoid alcohol when on Prochlorperazine. Consult your doctor about limiting alcohol with this medication. Co-consumption of alcohol with Prochlorperazine causes excessive sleepiness and drowsiness.
Any particular food item to be avoided?
You must consult your doctor regarding the foods to be avoided.
Can I have Prochlorperazine when pregnant?
In most cases, it is not safe to take Prochlorperazine if you are pregnant or planning a pregnancy. Consult your doctor if it is absolutely necessary to take this medication.
Can I have Prochlorperazine when feeding a baby?
Prochlorperazine is known to pass in mother’s milk to the baby. Consult your doctor if it is absolutely necessary to take this medication while you are breastfeeding.
Can I drive after taking Prochlorperazine?
It is generally safe to drive while taking Prochlorperazine. However, if you experience drowsiness, dizziness, a headache or any side effect that alters your consciousness then it may not be safe to drive.
What happens if I overdose on Prochlorperazine?
An overdose of Prochlorperazine will not improve your symptoms. It may even cause serious side-effects like stomach pain, dizziness, and diarrhea. Consult your doctor immediately in case of overdose.
What happens if I eat expired Prochlorperazine?
If by mistake you consume a dose of expired Prochlorperazine, the chances of harm are very less. It is advised to check the label for expiry date always before use.
What happens if I miss a dose of Prochlorperazine?
As soon as you remember, take the missed dose. However, if it is already time for next dose, carry on with your regular schedule. Do not take a double dose to make up for the missed dose.
Storage Requirements for Prochlorperazine
- Always store Prochlorperazine at a temperature around 25 degree Celsius
- Storing in moisture-prone places like bathroom may damage the tablet
- Keep Prochlorperazine away from direct heat and sunlight
- Store it where your children and pets can’t reach
Pro Tips When Taking Prochlorperazine
- Do not try to self-adjust the dose. Take it in the quantity prescribed by your doctor.
- Do not share your medication with anyone even if they have a similar condition.
- Discuss the pros and cons of Prochlorperazine if you are pregnant or planning a pregnancy or if you are breastfeeding.
- Avoid doing heavy exercise and exposure to extreme heat while on Prochlorperazine.
- Prochlorperazine is not fit for children less than 2 years of age.
Other medicine's to read: Magnesium Sulphate