Table of Contents
- What is Pyrazinamide?
- Uses of Pyrazinamide?
- How Does Pyrazinamide Work?
- How to Take Pyrazinamide?
- Pyrazinamide Price In India
- Common Dosage for Pyrazinamide?
- When to Avoid Pyrazinamide?
- Side Effects of Pyrazinamide
- Effects of Pyrazinamide on Organs?
- Are There Any Reported Allergic Reactions?
- Drug Interactions to Be Careful About
- Effects/Results After Consuming Pyrazinamide
- Is Pyrazinamide addictive?
- Can I have Pyrazinamide with alcohol?
- Any particular food item to be avoided?
- Can I have Pyrazinamide when pregnant?
- Can I have Pyrazinamide when feeding a baby?
- Can I drive after taking Pyrazinamide?
- What happens if I overdose on Pyrazinamide?
- What happens if I eat expired Pyrazinamide?
- What happens if I miss a dose of Pyrazinamide?
- Storage Requirements for Pyrazinamide
- Pro Tips When Taking Pyrazinamide
What is Pyrazinamide?
Pyrazinamide is an antibacterial drug which is used to treat bacterial infection.
Buy & Get Minimum 20% Discount: Netmeds Offer | Pharmeasy Discount Coupon
Uses of Pyrazinamide?
Pyrazinamide is used for the treatment of tuberculosis.
How Does Pyrazinamide Work?
Pyrazinamide acts by either stopping the growth of tuberculosis-causing bacteria or by killing them.
How to Take Pyrazinamide?
- Pyrazinamide tablet must be swallowed as a whole with a glass of water.
- You must not chew, crush or break the tablet while taking it.
- If you are prescribed with syrup form then measure the quantity prescribed with a measuring cup and drink it.
- Always shake the bottle before use.
- You may consume Pyrazinamide on an empty or full stomach.
Pyrazinamide Price In India
|Packet of Kilogram||Rs 500.00|
Other medicine's Price: Olanzapine Price | Ranexa Price
Common Dosage for Pyrazinamide?
Pyrazinamide is generally prescribed two times to four times daily. Your doctor may alter your dosage and its frequency depending upon the severity of your condition.
When to Avoid Pyrazinamide?
Avoid Pyrazinamide if:
- You are allergic to any component of Pyrazinamide
- You have diabetes
- You have a gout
- You have a high blood uric acid level
- You have liver impairment
- You have kidney disease
Side Effects of Pyrazinamide
Some of the reported side effects of Pyrazinamide are:
- Joint pain
- Dark urine
- Appetite loss
- Abdominal pain
- Increased heart rate
- Easy bruising and bleeding
- Kidney problems
Also Read: Remeron Side Effect | Renvela Side Effect | Rifampin Side Effect
Effects of Pyrazinamide on Organs?
Long-term use of Pyrazinamide is not safe for patients with kidney and liver disease. Your doctor may adjust your dose as per your requirement.
Are There Any Reported Allergic Reactions?
Some of the common allergic reactions reported with Pyrazinamide are hives, difficulty breathing, and swelling of your face, lips, tongue, or throat.
Drug Interactions to Be Careful About
One needs to be careful about the following possible drug interactions when consuming Pyrazinamide:
- Typhoid vaccine
Effects/Results After Consuming Pyrazinamide
The effect of Pyrazinamide can be observed within 1 to 2 hours of administration. Your allergic symptoms will start to improve after taking this medication.
Is Pyrazinamide addictive?
Pyrazinamide is not addictive in nature.
Can I have Pyrazinamide with alcohol?
It is better to avoid alcohol when on Pyrazinamide. Consult your doctor about limiting alcohol with this medication. Co-consumption of alcohol with Pyrazinamide causes excessive sleepiness and drowsiness.
Any particular food item to be avoided?
You must consult your doctor regarding the foods to be avoided.
Can I have Pyrazinamide when pregnant?
In most cases, it is not safe to take Pyrazinamide if you are pregnant or planning a pregnancy. Consult your doctor if it is absolutely necessary to take this medication.
Can I have Pyrazinamide when feeding a baby?
Pyrazinamide is known to pass in mother’s milk to the baby. Consult your doctor if it is absolutely necessary to take this medication while you are breastfeeding.
Can I drive after taking Pyrazinamide?
It is generally safe to drive while taking Pyrazinamide. However, if you experience drowsiness, dizziness, a headache or any side effect that alters your consciousness then it may not be safe to drive.
What happens if I overdose on Pyrazinamide?
An overdose of Pyrazinamide will not improve your symptoms. It may even cause serious side-effects like stomach pain, nausea, vomiting, and diarrhea. Consult your doctor immediately in case of overdose.
What happens if I eat expired Pyrazinamide?
If by mistake you consume a dose of expired Pyrazinamide, the chances of harm are very less. It is advised to check the label for expiry date always before use.
What happens if I miss a dose of Pyrazinamide?
As soon as you remember, take the missed dose. However, if it is already time for the next dose, carry on with your regular schedule. Do not take a double dose to make up for the missed dose.
Storage Requirements for Pyrazinamide
- Always store Pyrazinamide at a temperature around 25 degree Celsius
- Storing in moisture-prone places like bathroom may damage the tablet
- Place the cap tightly after use of suspension form of this drug
- Keep Pyrazinamide away from direct heat and sunlight
- Store it where your children and pets can’t reach
Pro Tips When Taking Pyrazinamide
- Do not try to self-adjust the dose. Take it in the quantity prescribed by your doctor.
- Do not share your medication with anyone even if they have a similar condition.
- Discuss the pros and cons of Pyrazinamide if you are pregnant or planning a pregnancy or if you are breastfeeding.
- Your doctor must know your complete medical history before prescribing Pyrazinamide.
- Contact your doctor immediately if any side effects persist for a long time.
Other meidicine's to read: N Acetylcysteine | Nasonex