Table of Contents
- 1 What is Rabekind DSR?
- 2 Uses of Rabekind DSR:
- 3 Rabekind DSR Composition
- 4 How does Rabekind DSR work?
- 5 Rabekind DSR Price in India
- 6 How to Take Rabekind DSR?
- 7 Common Dosage for Rabekind DSR:
- 8 When to Avoid Rabekind DSR?
- 9 Side-effects of Rabekind DSR:
- 10 Effect on organs?
- 11 Reported Allergic Reactions?
- 12 Drug Interactions to Be Careful About
- 13 Shows Effects / Results In:
- 14 Storage of Rabekind DSR
- 15 Pro Tips When Taking Rabekind DSR:
- 16 Frequently asked questions
- 17 Is Rabekind DSR addictive?
- 18 Can I have Rabekind DSR with alcohol?
- 19 Any particular food item to be avoided?
- 20 Can I have Rabekind DSR when pregnant?
- 21 Can I have Rabekind DSR when feeding a baby?
- 22 Can I drive after taking Rabekind DSR?
- 23 What happens if I overdose on Rabekind DSR?
- 24 What happens if I take expired Rabekind DSR?
- 25 What happens if I miss a dose of Rabekind DSR?
- 26 Similar Reads
What is Rabekind DSR?
- Rabekind DSR is a fixed dose combination of Rabeprazole (20mg) and Domperidone (30mg) used for the treatment of acidity, heart burn, nausea, vomiting etc.
Save using: Netmeds Coupons | Medlife Coupons | Pharmeasy Coupons
Uses of Rabekind DSR:
- It can be used for the following conditions:
- Gastroesophageal reflex disease (GERD)
- Gastric ulcer
- Zollinger Ellison syndrome
- Heart burn
- Erosive esophagitis
- Idiopathic or diabetic gastroparesis (condition which prevents stomach emptying)
- Helicobacter pylori infection
Rabekind DSR Composition
- Rabeprazole (20mg)
- Domperidone (30mg)
Read more: Oskar Dsr Composition
How does Rabekind DSR work?
- Rabeprazole belongs to group of drugs called as “proton pump inhibitor” which works by inhibiting gastric acid secretion. It inhibits acid secretion both in resting phase as well as when stimulated by food thus preventing heart burn and gastric ulcer disease.
- Domperidone belongs to a group of drugs called as “dopamine antagonists” which works by propelling the food faster through your food pipe from stomach to intestine.
- It also prevents food from flowing wrong way back up to food pipe and inhibits vomiting centre in brain thus eventually reducing the feeling of nausea and vomiting.
Rabekind DSR Price in India
|Specification||Rabekind DSR price in India|
|Rabekind DSR Capsule||Rs. 66.54|
Also check out: Nervigard Xl Price
How to Take Rabekind DSR?
- Rabekind DSR is available in capsule form for oral use.
- Rabekind DSR is well absorbed orally and should be taken empty stomach (at least half an hour before food) in the morning.
- The capsule should be swallowed as a whole without crushing, chewing or breaking it along with plenty of fluids.
Common Dosage for Rabekind DSR:
- The optimum dosage of Rabekind DSR varies with the condition of the patient, age of the patient and initial response to the drug.
- The recommended dose for Rabekind DSR in adults is one capsule once daily half an hour before food. Rabekind DSR should not be used for more than 14 days if not directed by your doctor.
Read more: Meconerv Forte Dosage
When to Avoid Rabekind DSR?
- Rabekind DSR should be avoided or used with caution in following patients:
- Patients with allergy to any of its components
- Blockage in intestine
- Patients with electrolyte disturbance especially Magnesium, potassium and calcium
- Patients with severe kidney and liver disease
- Congestive heart failure
Read more: Nimulid Hf Precaution
Side-effects of Rabekind DSR:
- Common side effects with Rabekind DSR include:
- Abdominal pain
- Dry mouth
- Increased chances of bone fracture
Effect on organs?
- Patients with severe liver and kidney disease should use Rabekind DSR with caution. Dose adjustment by doctor might be needed in few cases.
Reported Allergic Reactions?
- Report to your doctor if you are allergic to any of the ingredients of Rabekind DSR. Signs of allergic reaction include:
- Rashes/itching of skin
- Shortness of breath
- Swelling of face, lips, tongue, or throat
- Loss of consciousness
Drug Interactions to Be Careful About
- It is always advised that the patient must inform the doctor of all the drugs/over the counter products/vitamin supplements being used along with Rabekind DSR capsules.
- All the possible drug interactions might not be listed here. Rabekind DSR may interact with the following drugs and products:
Shows Effects / Results In:
- The effects of Rabekind DSR start within 30 minutes to 1 hour following oral administration and reach its maximum (inhibition of acid) in 2 hours.
Storage of Rabekind DSR
- Stored at room temperature away from direct sunlight and heat.
- Keep medicines away from children and pets.
Pro Tips When Taking Rabekind DSR:
- Rabekind DSR when used in larger doses and for longer duration may increase your risk for bone fractures (osteoporosis) especially among elderly.
- When used for longer duration, it may also cause decrease in magnesium levels in blood. Constant monitoring of blood magnesium levels should be done when on Rabekind DSR therapy.
Frequently asked questions
Is Rabekind DSR addictive?
- No such tendency has been reported.
Can I have Rabekind DSR with alcohol?
- Consumption of alcohol is not recommended when on Rabekind DSR therapy as alcohol increases acidity and cause reflex in food pipe which may further aggregate the problem and reduce the potency of Rabekind DSR.
Any particular food item to be avoided?
- No such interaction with food products observed.
Can I have Rabekind DSR when pregnant?
- Usage of Rabekind DSR is not recommended during pregnancy as it has shown adverse effects on foetus in animal studies. It should only be used if the potential benefits justify the risks involved.
Can I have Rabekind DSR when feeding a baby?
- Nursing mothers are advised to use Rabekind DSR with caution as the drug may pass into breast milk and could harm the baby.
Can I drive after taking Rabekind DSR?
- Few patients on Rabekind DSR may experience side effects like dizziness, headache, decreased alertness etc. Caution must be exercised in such patients when driving or operating heavy machinery.
What happens if I overdose on Rabekind DSR?
- It should not be administered in more than recommended dose as it may lead to toxicity. Major signs of acute toxicity include: confusion, tremors, drowsiness, increased heart beat etc.
What happens if I take expired Rabekind DSR?
- Taking a single expired dose may not cause any major adverse effect. However, the potency of the medicine may well have been reduced.
What happens if I miss a dose of Rabekind DSR?
- Always administer the missed dose as soon as you remember it. But, if it’s already time for the second dose– do not take double the dose to make up for the missed dose.