Skip to Content
- Raisins (Kismis) Nutrition Values
- 11 Important Questions About Raisins Answered
- 1. What are the benefits of eating raisins?
- 2. Do raisins contain sugar?
- 3. Are raisins good for losing weight?
- 4. What nutritional value do raisins have?
- 5. What happens if you consume too many raisins?
- 6. Should we soak raisins before consuming them? What are the health benefits of soaked raisins?
- 7. Are raisins effective in treating constipation?
- 8. Are raisins healthy for heart?
- 9. Are raisins raw?
- 10. Is consuming too many raisins bad for health?
- 11. How much raisins should ideally be consumed in a day?
What Are Raisins?
Raisins are dried grapes that are found in many regions of the world. The colour of the raisins depends upon the grapes used (green, black, brown, purple). They are naturally sweet in taste and are used widely in various dishes.
Raisins (Kismis) Nutrition Values
|Nutrient in Raisins||Amount|
- Raisins are rich in vitamins and minerals that fight various diseases. It also contains polyphenolics anti-oxidants and other phytonutrients
- It contains resveratrol that lowers cholesterol levels in your body and fights cancer-causing cells
- It reduces inflammation in your body and prevents many diseases caused due to inflammation
- It reduces the damage caused to blood vessels due to elevated blood sugar levels
Benefits of Raisins/Kismis
Raisins/Kismis has several benefits to offer if consumed daily:
- Aids in Digestion
- Helps in weight loss
- Regulates blood pressure
- It contains anti-oxidants that neutralizes free radicals in your body
- They are a good source of energy
- Keep your bones healthy
- Boost iron levels in your body
Read more: Benefits of Raisins
11 Important Questions About Raisins Answered
1. What are the benefits of eating raisins?
Apart from the benefits listed above, raisins also help in:
- Removing toxins from the body and reduce acidity
- Treating anemia by increasing the number of red blood cells
- Treating infection as they have anti-inflammatory properties
- Maintaining skin health as raisins known for their antioxidant properties
2. Do raisins contain sugar?
Yes, raisins do contain natural sugar and calories, but not in high amounts.
3. Are raisins good for losing weight?
While raisins do not help in losing weight directly, this miraculously nutritious food helps to lose weight by the following methods:
- Helps in speeding up digestion which in turn helps in maintaining a healthy digestive system and hence there are less chances of putting on weight.
- Raisins act as a good source of energy. After a heavy workout, the body requires a lot of energy. Loaded with natural sugars, raisins provide that energy to the body thus increasing the effects of your workout.
4. What nutritional value do raisins have?
Refer to the table mentioned above to know the nutritional value of raisins.
5. What happens if you consume too many raisins?
If you consume too many raisins, it can result in an increase in the blood sugar levels of the body.
6. Should we soak raisins before consuming them? What are the health benefits of soaked raisins?
Yes, soaking raisins overnight and then consuming them is considered to be very healthy. While the soaked raisins help increase the antioxidant and nutrient levels in the body, consuming them also offers many benefits like boost in immunity, good digestion, regulation of blood pressure etc.
7. Are raisins effective in treating constipation?
Yes, raisins help in keeping the digestive tract healthy thus helping in relieving and treating constipation and other stomach problems.
8. Are raisins healthy for heart?
Yes, raisins are rich in potassium and help balance the salt content in the body by keeping a check on the blood pressure resulting in a healthy heart.
9. Are raisins raw?
Yes, raisins are raw and organic food that can offer many health benefits.
10. Is consuming too many raisins bad for health?
Consuming too many raisins is surely bad for health as it may result in weight gain, lower the blood sugar level to a level where there is a risk of hypoglycemia (blood sugar levels drops down below the normal) and other stomach problems.
11. How much raisins should ideally be consumed in a day?
A handful of raisins can ideally be consumed in a day.
Where to Buy Raisins/Kismis?
There are popular retailers that sell raisins online: