What is Ranexa?
Ranexa is an anti-anginal medication which decreases oxygen requirement by the heart.
Manufactured By – Gilead Sciences, Inc
Other variants and composition –
|Ranex M Tablet||Mefenamic Acid 250 MG+Tranexamic acid 500 MG|
|Granexa 10Ml Solution||Granisetron 1 MG /5 ML|
Buy & Get Minimum 20% Discount: 1Mg Promo Code | Medlife Promo Code
What does Ranexa contain?
Ranexa contains a drug named ranolazine
Buy & Get Minimum 20% Discount: Practo Medicines
Uses of Ranexa
Ranexa (Ranolazine) is used in the treatment of Ranexa chronic angina (chest pain due to reduced supply of blood to the heart).
How Does Ranexa Work?
- When there is excess sodium in your body it leads to calcium overload which causes contraction and stiffness of your heart muscles.
- Ranexa (Ranolazine) acts by blocking the entry of sodium into your heart muscles and decreasing oxygen requirement thereby improving your angina.
How to Take Ranexa?
Ranexa tablet must be swallowed as a whole with a glass of water. You must not chew, crush or break the tablet while taking it. You may consume Ranexa on an empty or full stomach.
Ranexa Price In India
|500mg Strip of 10 Tablets||Rs 114.20|
Also Read: Remeron Price | Renvela Price | Rifampin Price
Common Dosage for Ranexa?
Ranexa is generally prescribed once or twice daily. Your doctor may alter your dosage and its frequency depending upon the severity of your condition.
Also Read: N Acetylcysteine Dosage | Nasonex Dosage
When to Avoid Ranexa?
Avoid Ranexa (Ranolazine) if:
- You are allergic to any component of Ranexa
- You have an emergency or sudden angina attack
- You have a low body weight
- Your age is more than 60 years
Side-Effects of Ranexa
Some of the reported side effects of Ranexa are:
- Irregular heart rhythm
- Swelling of hand and feet
- Ear ringing or buzzing
- Blood in urine
- Reduced urination
Also Read: Olanzapine Side Effect | Pyrazinamide Side Effec
Effects of Ranexa on Organs?
Long term use of Ranexa (Ranolazine) is not safe for the patients with kidney and liver disease. Your doctor may adjust your dose as per your requirement.
Are There Any Reported Allergic Reactions?
Some of the common allergic reactions reported with Ranexa are hives, difficulty breathing, and swelling of your face, lips, tongue, or throat.
Drug Interactions to Be Careful About
One needs to be careful about the following drug interactions when consuming Ranexa:
Effects/Results After Consuming Ranexa
The effect of Ranexa (Ranolazine) can be observed within 2 hours of administration. Your angina symptoms will start to improve after taking this medication.
Is Ranexa addictive?
Ranexa is not addictive in nature.
Can I have Ranexa with alcohol?
It is better to avoid alcohol when on Ranexa. Consult your doctor about limiting alcohol with this medication. Co-consumption of alcohol with this medication causes excessive sleepiness and drowsiness.
Any particular food item to be avoided?
Avoid grapefruit and grapefruit juice while on Ranexa (Ranolazine). You must consult your doctor regarding the other foods to be avoided.
Can I have Ranexa when pregnant?
In most cases, it is not safe to take Ranexa if you are pregnant or planning a pregnancy. Consult your doctor if it is absolutely necessary to take this medication.
Can I have Ranexa when feeding a baby?
Ranexa (Ranolazine) is known to pass in mother’s milk to the baby. Consult your doctor if it is absolutely necessary to take this medication while you are breastfeeding.
Can I drive after taking Ranexa?
It is generally safe to drive while taking Ranexa. However, if you experience drowsiness, dizziness, a headache or any side effect that alters your consciousness then it may not be safe to drive.
What happens if I overdose on Ranexa (Ranolazine)?
An overdose of Ranexa will not improve your symptoms. It may even cause serious side-effects like stomach pain, nausea, vomiting, and diarrhea. Consult your doctor immediately in case of overdose.
What happens if I eat expired Ranexa?
If by mistake you consume a dose of expired Ranexa, the chances of harm are very less. It is advised to check the label for expiry date always before use.
What happens if I miss a dose of Ranexa (Ranolazine)?
As soon as you remember, take the missed dose. However, if it is already time for next dose, carry on with your regular schedule. Do not take a double dose to make up for the missed dose.
Storage Requirements for Ranexa
- Always store Ranexa (Ranolazine) at a temperature around 25 degree Celsius
- Storing in moisture-prone places like bathroom may damage the tablet
- Place the cap tightly after use of suspension form of this drug
- Keep Ranexa away from direct heat and sunlight
- Store it where your children and pets can’t reach
Pro Tips When Taking Ranexa
- Do not try to self-adjust the dose. Take it in the quantity prescribed by your doctor.
- Do not share your medication with anyone even if they have a similar condition.
- Discuss the pros and cons of Ranexa (Ranolazine) if you are pregnant or planning a pregnancy or if you are breastfeeding.
- Consult your doctor if you have low body weight before taking this medication.
- Your doctor must know your complete medical history before prescribing Ranexa.