Skip to Content
- Q. What happens if I overdose on Rantac?
- Q. What happens if I miss a dose of Rantac?
- Q. What happens if I eat expired Rantac?
- Q. Onset time of Rantac and till when does the effect of Rantac stays?
- Warnings When Taking Rantac
- Are There Any Reported Allergic Reactions to Rantac?
- What are the effects of Rantac on organs?
- 1. Food Interactions with Rantac
- 2. Medicines Interactions with Rantac
- 3. Effects of Rantac on Lab Tests
- 4. Rantac’s interactions with Pre-existing Conditions/Diseases
- Q. Can I have Rantac with alcohol?
- Q. Any particular food item to be avoided?
- Q. Can I have Rantac when pregnant?
- Q. Can I have Rantac when feeding a baby?
- Q. Can I drive after taking Rantac?
- Storage requirements for Rantac
- Q. What is Rantac?
- Q. How effective it is/ How long does it take for Rantac to show results?
- Q. Should Rantac be taken on an empty stomach?
- Q. Does Rantac make you drowsy?
- Q. What should be the time gap between the consumption of 2 Rantac doses?
- Q. Should I complete the whole cycle of the medicine even if cured?
- Q. Does Rantac effect my menstrual cycle?
- Q. Is Rantac safe for children?
- Q. Are there any symptoms that I should consider before taking Rantac?
- Q. Is Rantac legal in India?
1What is Rantac?
Used predominantly to prevent or treat acidity, heartburn, indigestion. Gynaecomastia (male breasts) is the major side effects seen at repetitive high doses (prolonged use). It should be totally avoided in case of Gastric bleeding and in patients with allergic history.
Rantac Composition: Ranitidine 150mg
Manufactured by: J B Chemicals and Pharmaceuticals Ltd.
Prescription: To be sold by prescription but it is also available as OTC (Over the counter)
Form: Tablets, syrup and Injections
Price: Rs 23.18 for 30 Tablets.
Expiry/Shelf Life: 24 months from the date of manufacturing
Type of Drug: H2 receptor antagonist.