Table of Contents
What is Renerve Plus?
Renerve plus is predominantly used to prevent or treat nerve diseases known as Neuropathies. The bitterness of mouth (due to zinc content) and stomach-ache is the common side effect of Renerve plus. It should be totally avoided in patients with cardiac arrhythmias and liver or kidney impairments.
- Renerve Plus Composition: Mecobalamin (Vitamin B12) 1500mcg, Folic acid (Vitamin B9) 1.5mg Alpha lipoic acid 200mg, Inositol 100mg, Chromium Polynicotinate 200mcg, Selenomethionine 55mcg, Zinc Monomethionine 25mg
- Manufactured By: Strides Shasun Ltd.
- Prescription: Available as OTC (over the counter) drug.
- Form: Capsules, Tablets and Injections
- Price: Rs 277for 15 capsules.
- Expiry/Shelf Life: 24 months from the date of manufacturing
- Type of Drug: Multivitamin and Multi mineral (Nutritional Supplement).
Uses of Renerve Plus
Renerve Plus serves a dual purpose as it works for pain as well as fever. It is prescribed for the following:
- Joint problems: Used to treat or prevent conditions like osteoarthritis.
- Nerve damage: Used to treat cases of permanent nerve damage:
- Neuropathies: Used to treat different neuropathies like Diabetic neuropathy, Peripheral neuropathy and Alcoholic neuropathy
- Anaemia: Used to prevent or treat different kind of anaemia like Megaloblastic anaemia and Vitamin B12 deficiency Anaemia.
- Selenium deficiency: Used in cases of selenium deficiency.
- Appetite loss: Used in cases of poor diet or poor food absorption.
- Alopecia: Used in cases of Alopecia (hair loss) to control the hair loss.
- Others: Used in conditions like high cholesterol, diabetes and leg pain due to blocked arteries.
How Does Renerve Plus Work?
- Renerve Plus works by providing the nutrition required to meet the metabolic demands of the body. It helps in regular uptake of the vitamins and minerals mentioned above, in cases where the daily nutritional requirement is not being met by food.
- Vitamin B12, being the primary constituent of Renerve plus capsules is essential for brain functioning & for production and maturation of red blood cells. It also helps in protecting nerve cells integrity and encourages their normal growth.
- Vitamin B12 deficiency leads to anaemia (due to lack of/defective RBC production and maturation) and neuropathies (nerve damage).
- Folic acid (another constituent of Renerve Plus) is essential for regulating body functions and lack of it can lead to anaemia in adults and developmental deformities in infants born to mothers with folic acid deficiency.
- Alpha lipoic acid is an anti-oxidant which helps to prevent damage to body cells by oxidative stress.
- Zinc is essential for normal growth of tissues and helps to repair damaged tissues while inositol maintains the chemical balance inside the body.
- Chromium is necessary for normal functioning of insulin hormones which maintains blood sugar.
- Selenium is an essential antioxidant which protects the body against oxidative stress and ageing.
How to Take Renerve Plus?
- Renerve Plus is available in the form of soft gelatin capsules, the dose of duration should be followed strictly as per the doctor’s instructions.
- The capsule is to be swallowed as a whole and should not be crushed or chewed.
- The Renerve Plus capsule is to be taken orally with glass of water preferably with food or immediately after food in patients with gastric problems to prevent any undesired effect.
- The dose should not be altered in any form without proper guidance of the doctor.
- If the symptom doesn’t improve or worsen, immediate medical care is advisable.
- It is advisable to go through the leaflet inside the drug package for better understanding about the Do’s and don’ts of the drug
Common Dosage for Renerve Plus
- The dosage of the drug is to be decided by the doctor for every individual as per the age, weight, mental status, allergic history of the patient.
- Renerve plus are nutritional supplements which should be taken as advised by the physician and at fixed time every day.
- Adult dose is one or two capsules as advised by the physician.
Q. What happens if I overdose on Renerve Plus?
Renerve Plus should always be consumed as per the prescribed dose. Overdose can lead to some serious undesirable effects. The doctor or trained medical staff should be immediately consulted in case of overdose.
Q. What happens if I miss a dose of Renerve Plus?
Renerve Plus should always be taken as per the fixed time schedule and in case of missed dose, always try to consume it as soon as you remember. But, avoid taking the missed dose if it’s already time to take the second dose as it may lead to drug toxicity or drug overdose.
Q. What happens if I eat expired Renerve Plus?
Expired Renerve Plus may not cause any undesirable effect but it is advisable to avoid consuming expired drug as it may not be efficacious enough to provide the needed results and the doctor should be immediately consulted in case of any undesirable symptoms after consuming the expired drug.
Q. What is the onset time of Renerve Plus?
The patient may start to feel recovered within 1 week to 3 months with the Renerve Plus therapy. The dose and duration of drug as advised by the doctor, should be followed strictly for complete cessation of all the symptoms
Q. Till When Does The Effect of Renerve Plus Stay?
The time taken by the drug to show its effect may vary with every individual and also depends on the severity of the condition being treated.
When to Avoid Renerve Plus?
Do not Consume Renerve Plus if:
- Liver disorders: In known cases of Liver dysfunction or diseases, Renerve Plus should be avoided or used only when advised by the doctor.
- Kidney Diseases: In known cases of Kidney disease, Renerve Plus should be avoided unless stated otherwise by the doctor.
- Allergy: If there is any known allergy/hypersensitivity to any of its components.
- Cardiac arrhythmias: In cases of cardiac arrhythmias Renerve Plus should be avoided.
- Gastric Problems: In cases of gastric problems like Gastritis.
- Lactating mothers: In nursing or lactating mothers, it should be avoided.
Precautions While Taking Renerve Plus
- Allergic Reaction: Allergic reaction, if occurs after taking Renerve Plus should be immediately reported to the doctor or trained medical staff.
- Avoid Dose alteration: Renerve Plus should be taken as advised by the physician to have desired effects and drug alteration should be avoided unless stated by the doctor.
- Time Interval: A fixed time gap is to be maintained between the two doses to avoid overdose of drug.
Warnings When Taking Renerve Plus
- Consuming more than the daily prescribed dose may lead increased risk of side effects.
- The Doctor should always be informed if you are consuming any other nutritional supplement with same composition.
- Renerve Plus should be consumed with or after meals.
Side-Effects of Renerve Plus
The side effects associated with Renerve Plus Capsule used for different treatments are:
- Nausea (common)
- Vomiting (Less common)
- Stomachache (Less common)
- Flatulence (common)
- Bitter taste in the mouth due to its zinc content (common)
- Loss of appetite (less Common)
- Headache (less common)
- Vertigo (Rare)
- Altered sleeping pattern (less common)
Are There Any Reported Allergic Reactions to Renerve Plus?
Possible allergic reactions reported for Renerve Plus are:
- Rashes (less common)
- Swelling of eye, face, lips, mouth or tongue (less common)
- Breathlessness (less common)
- Loss of consciousness (rare)
What Are The Effects of Renerve Plus Capsule on Organs?
Renerve Plus doesn’t exhibit harmful effects as such on any organ but it does exhibit following effects:
- Helps in haemoglobin production and keeps blood sugar level in normal range
- Facilitates retina formation required for low light and colour vision.
- Protects cells against peroxidative damage by increasing the glutathione levels
- Increases the action of antioxidants
- Increases the red blood cells production by the bone marrow
- Maintains peripheral nerve function
- Increases intracellular levels of thiamine
Drug Interactions With Renerve Plus to be Careful About
One needs to be careful of certain drug interactions when consuming Renerve Plus. It is always advisable to be careful of certain drug to drug or drug to food interactions when consuming Renerve Plus. Always be aware of the food items, other drugs or lab tests while consuming Renerve Plus. We explore these n details below.
1. Food Interactions with Renerve Plus
No particular food item to be avoided.
2. Medicines Interactions with Renerve Plus
All the potential drug interactions might not be listed here. It is always advisable that the patient must inform the physician about of all the drugs/products you use. You must notify the doctor about the herbal products that you are currently consuming. You should never alter the drug regimen without your doctor’s approval.
The common drug interactions have been noticed with the following drugs:
- Alcohol (Mild)
- Carbamazepin (Mild)
- Chloramphenicol (Mild)
- Antibiotics (Moderate)
- Cholecalciferol (Moderate)
- Barbiturates (Mild)
3. Effects of Renerve Pluson Lab Tests
Renerve Plus can affect the glucose levels laboratory test results and can give false negative report.
4. Renerve Plus’s interactions with Pre-existing Conditions/Diseases
Any Cardiac Arrhythmias or gastric problems.
Q. Can I have Renerve Plus with alcohol?
No, Renerve Plus can interact with alcohol and may lead to increased chances of side effects like drowsiness. Alcohol consumed with the drug can also inhibit the absorption of vitamin B12.
Q. Any particular food item to be avoided?
No particular food item needs to be avoided when consuming Renerve Plus.
Q. Can I have Renerve Plus when pregnant?
Yes, only if the benefits outweigh the risks, Renerve Plus can be administered in pregnant patients under medical supervision. Doctor should always be informed if you are pregnant or plan to become pregnant.
Q. Can I have Renerve Plus when feeding a baby?
Renerve Plus should be used with caution in case of lactating mothers as the effects of its constituents on quantity and quality of milk production is unknown. Discuss the risks and benefits with your doctor before consuming the drug.
Q. Can I drive after taking Renerve Plus?
Yes, as it has no effect on one’s ability to drive. However, if you experience side effects like drowsiness or dizziness, it is advisable not to drive or operate heavy machinery.
Renerve Plus Composition, Variant and Price – Buyer’s Guide
|Renerve Plus Variants||Renerve Plus Composition||Renerve Plus Price (Rs.)|
|Renerve Plus Softgel Capsule||Alpha lipoic acid + Chromium + Folic acid + Inositol + Methylcobalamin + Selenium + Zinc||Rs. 277 for 15 capsules.|
|Renerve Plus BT Tablets||Alpha lipoic acid + Benfotiamine + Chromium + Selenium + Folic acid + Inositol + Mecobalamin||Rs. 356 for 15 tablets.|
|Renerve-G Capsule||Gabapentin 300MG + Methylcobalamin /Mecobalamin 500MCG||Rs. 208 for 10 capsules.|
|Renerve 1 mg Injection||Mecobalamin 1000mcg||Rs. 100 for 1 pack|
|Renerve P 750mcg/75mg Capsule||Methylcobalamin / Mecobalamin 750MCG + Pregabalin 75MG||Rs. 132.40 for 10 capsules.|
|Renerve 24 tablets||Biotin + Magnesium + Selenium + Zinc + Ferrous Fumarate + Folic acid||Rs.111 for 10 tablets|
|Renerve B T tablets||Methylcobalamin + Chromium + Selenium + Alpha Lipoic acid + Folic acid + Inositol||Rs. 189.20 for 15 tablets|
|Renerve P SR Tablet||Methylcobalamin / Mecobalamin 1500MCG + Pregabalin 75MG||Rs. 131 for 10 tablets|
|Renerve D Tablet||Methylcobalamin + Alpha Lipoic acid + Pyridoxine + Vitamin D3 + Folic acid||Rs. 156 for 10 tablets|
Substitutes of Renerve Plus
The following are alternative drugs for Renerve Plus:
- Vincomo Plus Capsule:
- Manufactured by – Mas Life science
- Price – Rs. 235 for 15 capsules
- Nervact Plus Tablet:
- Manufactured by – Sifco Pharma
- Price – Rs. 150 for 10 tablets
- Oxynerve Plus Capsule:
- Manufactured by – CentreCon Pharma
- Price – Rs. 187.5 for 15 capsules
- Oxynerve Plus Tablet:
- Manufactured by – J S Laboratories
- Price – Rs. 149 for 10 tablets
Storage Requirements for Renerve Plus Capsule
- The drug should be stored below 25°C and should be kept in a cool, dry place and away from direct heat and sunlight.
- Keep the drug in a place, where it is out of reach of children.
FAQs – 10 Important Questions Answered about Renerve Plus
Q. What is Renerve Plus?
Ans. Renerve Plus is basically a supplemental drug composed of Multi-Vitamins and Multi-Minerals. It is used mainly to treat nerve diseases (neuropathies) that affect normal activity of nerves in the nervous system. It is used in treating different types of neuropathies (peripheral, diabetic neuropathy)
Q. What are the uses of Renerve Plus?
Ans. It is used in treating different types of neuropathies
Q. What are the side effects of Renerve Plus?
Ans. The most common side effects of Renerve Plus are Nausea, Vomiting, Stomachache, Flatulence, Bitter taste in the mouth due to its zinc content, Loss of appetite, Headache, Vertigo, Altered sleeping pattern.
Q. How effective is Renerve Plus?
Ans. Renerve Plus is effective as a painkiller due to its of Multi-Vitamins and Multi-Minerals. However as an multi-mineral, there are other medicines which perform better when used to treat fever.
Q. How long does it take for Renerve Plus to show results?
Ans. Renerve Plus shows its effect within first few weeks of starting administration of drug.
Q. Should Renerve Plus be taken on an empty stomach?
Ans. No, Renerve Plus should not be taken empty stomach, especially in cases of stomach problems as it can lead to any potential stomach upset.
Q. Does Renerve Plus make you drowsy?
Ans. Renerve Plus might cause drowsiness in few cases but it varies with every individual.
Q. What should be the time gap between the intake of 2 Renerve Plus Capsule?
Ans. Ideal time gap of atleast 4-6 hours should be there between two doses to avoid Renerve Plus toxicity or overdose.
Q. Should I complete the whole cycle of the medicine even if cured?
Ans. Renerve Plus should be consumed as prescribed by the doctor and in case of any severity of symptoms, immediate medical help or consultation should be taken.
And the doctor should be the one to decide when and how to stop the cycle of Renerve Plus.
Q. Does Renerve Plus effect my menstrual cycle?
Ans. No, it generally doesn’t affect the menstrual cycle but one should always consult the doctor in case of pre existing menstrual problems before consuming the drug
Q. Is Renerve Plus safe for children?
Ans. It is advisable to consult a paediatrician before administering Renerve Plus in children.
Q. Are there any symptoms that I should consider before taking Renerve Plus?
Ans. Any liver disorder, drug intolerance or allergic reactions are to be taken into consideration before taking Renerve Plus.
Q. Is Renerve Plus legal in India?
Ans. Yes, it is legal and manufactured by Sanofi India Ltd.
Similar Reads –
Disclaimer – The information provided above is to the best of our research and knowledge. However, you are recommended to consult a physician before consuming the drug.