Table of Contents
- 1 What is Renvela?
- 2 What is Renvela used for?
- 3 How Does Renvela Work?
- 4 How to Take Renvela?
- 5 Renvela Price In India
- 6 Common Dosage for Renvela?
- 7 When to Avoid Renvela?
- 8 Side-Effects of Renvela
- 9 Effects of Renvela on Organs?
- 10 Are There Any Reported Allergic Reactions?
- 11 Drug Interactions to Be Careful About
- 12 Effects/Results After Consuming Renvela
- 13 FAQs
- 14 Is Renvela addictive?
- 15 Can I have Renvela with alcohol?
- 16 Any particular food item to be avoided?
- 17 Can I have Renvela when pregnant?
- 18 Can I have Renvela when feeding a baby?
- 19 Can I drive after taking Renvela?
- 20 What happens if I overdose on Renvela?
- 21 What happens if I eat expired Renvela?
- 22 What happens if I miss a dose of Renvela?
- 23 Storage Requirements for Renvela
- 24 Pro Tips When Taking Renvela
Renvela Composition – Sevelamer 800 MG
Manufactured By – Sanofi Synthelabo
Prescription – Prescription Required
Form – Tablet
Price – Rs 1385.99
Quantity – 30 Tablets in 1 Bottle
What is Renvela?
Renvela is a phosphate binding medication
Manufactured By – Sanofi India Ltd
Other variants and composition –
Renvela 800Mg 30S Tablet/ Renvela 8GM Sachet – Sevelamer 800 MG
Buy & Get Minimum 20% Discount: Medlife New User Offer | Myra Coupon Code
What is Renvela used for?
Renvela is used for hyperphosphatemia (increased blood phosphate level) for kidney disease patient.
How Does Renvela Work?
Renvela acts by binding to phosphate in the body resulting in its decreased absorption from the intestine. Hence the level of phosphate lowers in blood of kidney patients who are on dialysis.
How to Take Renvela?
Renvela tablet must be swallowed as a whole with a glass of water. You must not chew, crush or break the tablet while taking it. You must consume Renvela on a full stomach.
Renvela Price In India
|800mg Bottle of 30 Tablets||Rs 1385.99|
|800mg Sachet of 0.8gm Granules||Rs 46|
|400mg Strip of 1 Tablet||Rs 1087.5|
Also Read: Olanzapine Price | Pyrazinamide Price | Ranexa Price
Common Dosage for Renvela?
Renvela is generally prescribed two times to three times daily. Your doctor may alter your dosage and its frequency depending upon the severity of your condition.
Also Read: Remeron Dosage | Rifampin Dosage
When to Avoid Renvela?
Avoid Renvela if:
- You are allergic to any component of Renvela
- You have bowel motility problems
- You have recently undergone a stomach or bowel surgery
- You are suffering from any gastrointestinal disease
Side-Effects of Renvela
Some of the reported side effects of Renvela are:
- Gas in stomach
- Stomach pain
- Excessive air or gas in stomach
- Swallowing difficulty
Also Read: N Acetylcysteine Side Effect | Nasonex Side Effect
Effects of Renvela on Organs?
Long term use of Renvela is not safe for the patients with kidney and liver disease. Your doctor may adjust your dose as per your requirement.
Are There Any Reported Allergic Reactions?
Some of the common allergic reactions reported with Renvela are hives, difficulty breathing, and swelling of your face, lips, tongue, or throat.
Drug Interactions to Be Careful About
One needs to be careful about the following drug interactions when consuming Renvela:
- Mycophenolate mofetil
Effects/Results After Consuming Renvela
The effect of Renvela can be observed within 1 hour of administration. Your allergic symptoms will start to improve after taking this medication.
Is Renvela addictive?
Renvela is not effective in nature
Can I have Renvela with alcohol?
It is better to avoid alcohol when on Renvela. Consult your doctor about limiting alcohol with this medication. Co-consumption of alcohol with Renvela can cause liver damage and some serious side effects.
Any particular food item to be avoided?
You must consult your doctor regarding the foods to be avoided.
Can I have Renvela when pregnant?
In most cases, it is not safe to take Renvela if you are pregnant or planning a pregnancy. Consult your doctor if it is absolutely necessary to take this medication.
Can I have Renvela when feeding a baby?
Renvela is known to pass in mother’s milk to the baby. Consult your doctor if it is absolutely necessary to take this medication while you are breastfeeding.
Can I drive after taking Renvela?
It is generally safe to drive while taking Renvela. However, if you experience drowsiness, dizziness, a headache or any side effect that alters your consciousness then it may not be safe to drive.
What happens if I overdose on Renvela?
An overdose of Renvela will not improve your symptoms. It may even cause serious side-effects like stomach pain, nausea, vomiting, and diarrhea. Consult your doctor immediately in case of overdose.
What happens if I eat expired Renvela?
If by mistake you consume a dose of expired Renvela, the chances of harm are very less. It is advised to check the label for expiry date always before use.
What happens if I miss a dose of Renvela?
As soon as you remember, take the missed dose. However, if it is already time for next dose, carry on with your regular schedule. Do not take a double dose to make up for the missed dose.
Storage Requirements for Renvela
- Always store Renvela at a temperature around 25 degree Celsius
- Storing in moisture-prone places like bathroom may damage the tablet
- Keep Renvela away from direct heat and sunlight
- Store it where your children and pets can’t reach
Pro Tips When Taking Renvela
- Do not try to self-adjust the dose. Take it in the quantity prescribed by your doctor.
- Do not share your medication with anyone even if they have a similar condition.
- Discuss the pros and cons of Renvela if you are pregnant or planning a pregnancy or if you are breastfeeding.
- Do not consume any other medication within 1 to 3 hours of administration of this medication.
- You have to check your phosphate level regularly while on this medication.
- Don’t use Renvela if your blood phosphate level is too low.