Table of Contents
- 1 What is Sandalwood?
- 2 Benefits of Sandalwood
- 3 Benefits of Sandalwood for Skin
- 4 Uses of Sandalwood
- 5 How To Use Sandalwood: DIY Tips
- 6 Sandalwood: Dosage
- 7 Side Effects Of Sandalwood
- 8 12 Important Questions Asked About Sandalwood
- 8.1 Is Sandalwood good for skin?
- 8.2 Does Sandalwood help remove pimples?
- 8.3 Does Sandalwood lighten skin?
- 8.4 Does Sandalwood help remove acne scars?
- 8.5 Can you apply Sandalwood overnight?
- 8.6 Is Sandalwood good for dry skin?
- 8.7 Is Sandalwood good for oily skin?
- 8.8 Is Sandalwood good for skin?
- 8.9 What is Sandalwood used for?
- 8.10 Is Sandalwood good for hair?
- 8.11 What are the health benefits of sandalwood?
- 8.12 Is Sandalwood toxic?
- 9 Buyer’s Guide- Price and Where to Buy Sandalwood Products
- 10 Sandalwood Price
- 11 Where to Buy
- 12 Popular Brands that Sell Sandalwood
- 13 Research on Sandalwood
- 14 Other Blogs You May Also Like
1What is Sandalwood?
Sandalwood (Santalum Album) or Chandan is considered to be sacred in Hinduism. It also holds an integral position in several religions and cultures like Jainism, Buddhism, Sufism, Zoroastrianism, Chinese, Japanese and Korean.
The wood is heavy, yellow and fine-grained which retains its fragrance for decades. These slow-growing trees are of high value and it is the second most expensive wood in the world. Sandalwood is often used as a base in incense sticks, aftershave, perfumes and cosmetics.
Check out Hindi translation of this article - Sandalwood(chandan) in Hindi