Table of Contents
- What is Sarpagandha?
- Health Benefits of Sarpagandha
- Uses of Sarpagandha
- How To Use Sarpagandha
- Dosage of Sarpagandha
- Side effects of Sarpagandha
- Harmful Interactions of Sarpagandha
- Precautions and Warnings of Sarpagandha
- Important Questions Asked About Sarpagandha
- Buyers Guide – Price and Where to Buy for Sarpagandha
- Popular Brands That Sell Sarpagandha
- Research on Sarpagandha
1What is Sarpagandha?
Rauwolfia serpentina, commonly known as Sarpagandha is a perennial and an evergreen shrub. It is a widely known medicinal plant, with uses such as a remedy high BP and as a sedative. But more importantly, Sarpagandha is used to cure snake bites and remove the toxin. It grows in lower Himalayas, the Eastern and Western Ghats, and the Andaman. It is said the Alexander the Great used Sarpagandha to cure Ptolemy, his general when he was hit by a poisoned arrow. The plant also finds its name in Chinese texts.
Check out Hindi translation of this article - Sarpagandha in Hindi