Table of Contents
- 1 What is Septillin?
- 2 Uses of Septillin
- 3 What Does Septillin Contain?
- 4 How does Septillin work?
- 5 How to Take Septillin?
- 6 Septillin Price in India
- 7 Common Dosage for Septillin?
- 8 When to avoid Himalaya Septillin Tablets?
- 9 Side effects of Septillin?
- 10 Effects on organs?
- 11 Reported Allergic Reactions?
- 12 Drug Interactions to Be Careful About
- 13 Shows Effects / Results In
- 14 FAQs
- 15 Is Septillin Addictive?
- 16 Can I have Septillin with alcohol?
- 17 Any particular food item to be avoided?
- 18 Can I have Septillin Tablets when Pregnant?
- 19 Can I have Septillin when feeding a baby?
- 20 Can I drive after taking Septillin?
- 21 What happens if I overdose on Septillin Tablets?
- 22 What happens if I eat expired Septillin?
- 23 What happens if I miss a dose of Himalaya Septillin Tablets?
- 24 Storage of Himalaya Septillin Tablets
What is Septillin?
Septillin is an anti-infective ayurvedic medicine which is used to enhance immunity or defence mechanisms in the body. Septillin is beneficial in infectious diseases and acts as an immunity booster as well.
Manufactured By – Himalaya Drug Company
Other variants and compositions
|Septilin 60Ml Drops / Syrup||Ayurvedic|
Uses of Septillin
Septillin is most commonly used in the prevention and treatment of the following conditions:
- upper and lower respiratory tract infections like a sore throat, tonsillitis etc.
- allergic disorders of the upper respiratory tract,
- skin and soft tissue infections,
- dental and periodontal infections,
- eye infections,
- bone and joint infections
- urinary tract infections
- For early recovery after surgery
- To reduce recurrence in infection-prone individuals
- As an adjuvant to anti-infective therapy
- Resistance to antibiotic therapy
Buy & Get Minimum 20% Discount: Myra Medicines | Netmeds Discount Coupon
What Does Septillin Contain?
Septillin contains –
- Guggulu (Indian Bdellium)
- Guduchi (Tinospora)
- Yashtimadhu (Licorice)
How does Septillin work?
Septillin has the following therapeutic properties –
- Immunomodulatory & Immuno-stimulatory
- Anti-viral & Anti-microbial
- Soothing effect on throat membranes
- Painkilling properties
- Works against fever
- Guduchi (Tinospora) – antimicrobial property, increases the level of antibodies.
- Yashtimadhu (Licorice) – enhances immunity.
- Guggulu (Indian Bdellium) – anti-inflammatory and antioxidant properties
- Use Septillin in a dose and frequency as advised. Never use more than the recommended dose or for longer periods as it can lead to severe side effects.
Also Read: Seacod Capsule Uses | Stugeron Use
How to Take Septillin?
- Septillin is available in tablet form and syrup form.
- When taken in oral form, it is advised to take this medicine along with meals.
- When taken in tablet form, swallow the tablet as a whole with plenty of fluids. Do not chew, break, or crush the tablet.
- When used in syrup form, always use a measuring cup to measure the accurate dose and shake the bottle well before each use.
- In case of non-improvement of symptoms or symptoms getting worse, seek medical attention immediately.
Septillin Price in India
|250 mg Strip of 10 Tablets||Rs 36.18|
|500 mg Strip of 10 Tablets||Rs 74|
Also Read: Promethazine Price
Common Dosage for Septillin?
- Septillin syrup
- Children – 1-2 tsp thrice daily
- Adults – 2 tsp thrice daily
- Septillin tablets
- Children – 1 tablet twice daily
- Adults – 2 tablets twice daily
When to avoid Himalaya Septillin Tablets?
Kindly consult your physician for case-specific recommendations.
Side effects of Septillin?
There are no reported side effects with Septillin.
Also Read: Activated Charcoal Side Effect | Nitrofurantoin Side Effect
Effects on organs?
Patients with liver and kidney disease should administer Septillin with caution and under the observation of a doctor.
Reported Allergic Reactions?
Kindly inform your doctor if you are allergic to any of its ingredients.
Drug Interactions to Be Careful About
- Drug interactions refer to the effect of drugs on each other and on human body following ingestion. Large numbers of medicine have shown interaction with each other.
- It is advised that the patient must always inform the physician about all the medicines/over the counter products/vitamin supplements used.
- Consult your doctor before administering any other drugs concomitantly with Septillin.
Shows Effects / Results In
Himalaya Septillin Tablets doesn’t work immediately after oral administration. It may take few days to few weeks for complete recovery.
Is Septillin Addictive?
No such tendency has been reported.
Can I have Septillin with alcohol?
Concomitant administration of Himalaya Septillin Tablets with alcohol should be avoided.
Any particular food item to be avoided?
No alteration in its action seen with any food product.
Can I have Septillin Tablets when Pregnant?
Always inform your doctor if you are pregnant or plan to become pregnant in the future before initiating Septillin therapy.
Can I have Septillin when feeding a baby?
Always inform your doctor if you are a nursing mother before initiating Himalaya Septillin Tablets therapy.
Can I drive after taking Septillin?
What happens if I overdose on Septillin Tablets?
- It should not be administered in more than prescribed dose or frequency.
- Taking more medication or with increased frequency can cause unwarranted symptoms.
- Kindly consult your physician.
What happens if I eat expired Septillin?
- The medicine may not work as well as the potency of the medicines decreases and also it may lead to some adverse effects.
- To be on the safer side, always check and never use an expired drug.
What happens if I miss a dose of Himalaya Septillin Tablets?
- The medicine may not work well if you miss a dose because, for effective working of the drug, a certain amount of drug must be present in your body at all times.
- Always consume the missed dose as soon as you remember. But, if it is already time for the next dose – do not double the dose.
Storage of Himalaya Septillin Tablets
- Storage at room temperature away from direct heat and light.
- Keep medicines away from children and pets.
Also read about other medicine's: Penicillamine | Pyrimethamine