Table of Contents
- What is Serratiopeptidase?
- Uses of Serratiopeptidase
- How Serratiopeptidase works?
- Serratiopeptidase Price In India
- How to take Serratiopeptidase?
- Common dosage of Serratiopeptidase
- When to avoid Serratiopeptidase?
- Side effects of Serratiopeptidase
- Reported allergic reactions of Serratiopeptidase
- Effect of Serratiopeptidase on organs
- Drug interactions to be careful about
- Show effects/Results in
- Storage requirements for Serratiopeptidase
Prescription – Required
Form – Tablet
Price – Rs.55 per 10 mg Strip of 10 Tablets
1What is Serratiopeptidase?
Serratiopeptidase is a proteolytic enzyme derived from the silkworm.
2Uses of Serratiopeptidase
Serratiopeptidase is used in
- treatment of pain relief and swelling
- beneficial in certain heart diseases
- treatment of non-cancerous lumps in breasts
- bronchitis, pharyngitis, sinusitis, asthma
- ear infections
3How Serratiopeptidase works?
- Serratiopeptidase is an enzyme that works by helping the body in the breakdown of protein.
- It breaks down the chemical messengers involved in pain and inflammation (redness and swelling).
- Serratiopeptidase may decrease inflammation by thinning the fluids formed during injury and aiding the fluid’s drainage. This in turn, also hastens the healing.
4Serratiopeptidase Price In India
|10 mg Strip of 10 Tablets||Rs 55|
Also Read: Sinarest Price | Soframycin Price | Sompraz 40 Price
5How to take Serratiopeptidase?
- Serratiopeptidase tablets are usually taken two or three times a day or as directed by your doctor.
- These tablets should be swallowed as a whole and not broken, crushed or chewed.
- Serratiopeptidase can be taken before or after food and with plenty of fluids.
6Common dosage of Serratiopeptidase
Serratiopeptidase dosage is decided by the physician based upon:
- Health status/medical condition of the patient
- Severity of symptoms
- Reaction to the first dose
- History of allergy/drug reactions
- The standard recommended dosage is twice or thrice a day.
Never use more than the recommended dose of Serratiopeptidase or for longer periods of time without doctor’s consent.
Also Read: Spasmonil Dosage | Sporlac Dosage | Susten 200 Dosage
7When to avoid Serratiopeptidase?
- Allergy – Serratiopeptidase is not recommended if you have a known allergy to Serratiopeptidase.
- In patients suffering from bleeding disorders and blood clotting disorders.
- You must stop using Serratiopeptidase minimum 2 weeks before a scheduled surgery.
8Side effects of Serratiopeptidase
All medicines have some side effects. Side effects are possible but do not always occur. Consult your doctor if you feel that you have any of them-
- Abdominal pain
- Skin rash
- Loss of appetite
9Reported allergic reactions of Serratiopeptidase
Possible allergic reactions of Serratiopeptidase reported are-
- Rashes on skin
- Discoloration of the skin on the face or neck
- Swelling of the face, neck
10Effect of Serratiopeptidase on organs
Patients with pre-existing liver and kidney diseases should use Serratiopeptidase with caution and under the supervision of their doctor.
11Drug interactions to be careful about
All the possible drug interactions might not be listed here. Few common drugs which interact with Serratiopeptidase include –
12Show effects/Results in
It depends on the dosage and age of the patient and the severity of the problem.
Is Serratiopeptidase addictive?
No habit-forming tendencies have been reported with Serratiopeptidase.
Can I have Serratiopeptidase with alcohol?
Limit alcohol consumption and stop smoking. Ask your doctor about how much alcohol you may safely drink.
Any particular food item to be avoided?
No interaction with any food product observed. For further information, you can consult your doctor.
Can I have Serratiopeptidase when pregnant?
- Tell your doctor if you are pregnant or if you plan to become pregnant.
- During pregnancy avoid taking Serratiopeptidase unless entirely necessary.
Can I have Serratiopeptidase when feeding a baby?
- It is not known whether Serratiopeptidase is secreted in breast milk.
- Use with caution or only when advised in lactating mothers.
Can I drive after taking Serratiopeptidase?
Serratiopeptidase usually do not affect your ability to drive.
What happens if I overdose on Serratiopeptidase?
- Taking more than the prescribed dosage of Serratiopeptidase can be harmful and can increase the incidence of side effects.
- In the case of over-dosage, consult your doctor immediately.
What happens if I eat expired Serratiopeptidase?
- Avoid taking expired medicine. If you have taken accidentally and you are feeling any discomfort rush to the doctor immediately for medical assistance.
- An expired drug might not be as potent in treating your condition. It is advisable to refrain from using an expired drug.
- Serratiopeptidase may not work well if you miss a dose because, for effective working of the drug, a certain amount of drug must be present in your body at all times.
- Always consume the missed dose as soon as you remember it. But, if it is already time to take the second dose after that – do not take a double dose.