Table of Contents
- 1 Shatavari Price
- 2 Benefits of Shatavari
- 3 A quick look at more benefits
- 4 Benefits for men’s health
- 5 Other health benefits
- 6 Shatavari Uses
- 7 Dosage of Shatavari
- 8 Side Effects of Shatavari
- 9 Important Questions About Shatavari Answered
- 10 Buyer’s Guide For Shatavari
- 11 Where To Buy
- 12 Some Popular Brands
Shatavari also known as Satavar, Shatamull or Asparagus Racemosus is a plant common throughout Nepal, Sri Lanka and India. Due to Shatavari benefits and uses, combined with destructive harvesting, this plant is now considered endangered in its natural habitat. Shatavari means curer of a hundred diseases and is probably the most important herb for women in Ayurvedic medicine. Its usage has also found grounds in Unani and Siddha systems.
|Organic India Shatavari Bottle – 250 Capsules||Rs 470|
|Himalaya Wellness Shatavari Women’s Wellness Tablets – 60 Tablets||Rs 160|
|Herbal Hills Shatavari Powder – 100 g Each (Pack of 2) Bottle||Rs 242|
Benefits of Shatavari
It contains natural phyto-estrogen hormone precursors that help women maintain a healthy reproductive system. It provides optimum energy and has a cooling effect that balances hot flashes, night sweats, memory loss and anxiety during menopause. It strengthens the uterus and assists in recovery from childbirth. It is also known to eliminate Candida bacteria (that causes vaginal infection) when used consistently over a period of time.
A quick look at more benefits
- Promotes a healthy female reproductive system
- Helps produce healthy levels of breast milk
- Supports balanced female hormones
- Sooths the digestive tract
- Healthy movement of bowels
- Moisturizes the respiratory tract
- Promotes healthy energy and strength levels
- Supports the immune system
- Has natural antioxidants
- Helps during menopause by balancing hormones, reducing effects like hot flashes and night sweats
- Helps treat Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome
Benefits for men’s health
- Aids a healthy male reproductive system
- Increases reproductive fluids
- Reduces male sexual problems
- Increases healthy sperm count and potency
- Helps in reduce inflammation of male sexual organs
Other health benefits
- Helps detoxify from cancer treatment drugs and in general recovery
- Helps with a cough, dehydration, diarrhea, dysentery, fevers (chronic)
- Useful in treating hematemesis, herpes, hyperacidity, leucorrhea, lung abscess
- Fights stomach ulcers, rheumatism, inflamed membranes of the kidneys, lungs, and stomach
- Nourishes the ovum and is good for AIDS & Epstein Barr
- Anti-aging properties as it helps in reducing free radical skin damage
- Anti-depressant abilities
Also read: Garlic And Honey Benefits | Sandalwood Benefits
Shatavari is mostly taken in a tablet form as it is convenient. Liquid extract provides a good alternative as well due to its long shelf life. However, you can also consume it in the following ways:
- In jam form with jaggery base
- Mix it with Ghee or make herbal ghee from Shatavari
Dosage of Shatavari
- Shatavari herbal powder can be taken from 3-10 grams, ½ to 2 teaspoons daily mixed with juice, warm water or milk
- Shatavari Herbal Tincture can be taken 5-10ml daily spread over the day
- It can also be taken in a tablet form, 500 milligrams twice daily
An important fact to keep in mind is that it should be taken with proper consultation from a herbal practitioner.
Side Effects of Shatavari
It has been used over centuries but there still aren’t enough scientific studies that recommend it for any medical condition. No Shatavari side effects as such have been reported either. Therefore, it is believed that taking it in small amounts can benefit the body. However, consulting with your doctor is suggested.
- People who are allergic to the asparagus plant family should avoid taking this supplement
- Seek medical attention if you experience worsening asthma or allergic reactions like rashes, itchy eyes & skin, dizziness and fast heart rate
- Avoid taking it with other diuretic herbs or drugs to ensure no Shatavari side effects begin acting up
- Avoid taking it if you are taking medication for lowering blood sugar levels
- Should be avoided by people with heart diseases and lung congestion
- Women with fibrocystic breasts and estrogen-induced disorders should avoid it
Important Questions About Shatavari Answered
Can men take ashwagandha and shatavari together for bodybuilding?
Yes, men can take ashwagandha and Shatavari together for body building. Ashwagandha enhances stamina and shatavari helps enhance sperm count, vitality, libido and reproductive health.
Does Shatavari increase breast size?
Yes, Shatavari does help to increase breast size but it should be taken during puberty. Shatavari increases the quantity of adipose tissue which increase the breast size through glandular proliferation.
Can I take Shatavari and Ashwagandha As A Supplement?
Yes, you can take Shatavari and Ashwagandha to increase your sexual power.
Is it safe to take Shatavari during pregnancy?
Shatavari is 100% safe during pregnancy as it acts as an anti-oxidant, preventing the proliferation offree radicals in your body and thereby reducing the chance of catching common diseases like flu, fever, cough or cold.
How and when should I take Shatavari?
You can take Shatavari powder with milk, warm water or juice. Take 3-10 grams of Shatavari powder daily for quick results.
Buyer’s Guide For Shatavari
Shatavari can be taken in a powdered form, as capsules or as a herbal tincture.
Where To Buy
Buy Shatavari online to get incredible deals and offers. You can check out various websites like:
Some Popular Brands
- Organic India
Pro Tip: Buy Shatavari via CashKaro to enjoy great discounts and earn awesome Cashback!