Table of Contents
- 1 What is Shelcal?
- 2 Uses of Shelcal
- 3 How does Shelcal work?
- 4 How to take Shelcal?
- 5 Common Dosage for Shelcal
- 6 When to Avoid Shelcal?
- 7 Precautions While Taking Shelcal
- 8 Side-Effects of Shelcal
- 9 Drug Interactions to be Careful About
- 9.1 1. Food Interactions with Shelcal
- 9.2 2. Medicines Interactions with Shelcal
- 9.3 3. Effects of Shelcal on Lab Tests
- 9.4 4. Shelcal’s interactions with Pre-existing Conditions/Diseases
- 9.5 Q. Can I have Shelcal with alcohol?
- 9.6 Q. Any particular food item to be avoided?
- 9.7 Q. Can I have Shelcal when pregnant?
- 9.8 Q. Can I have Shelcal when feeding a baby?
- 9.9 Q. Can I drive after taking Shelcal?
- 10 Buyer’s Guide – Shelcal Composition, Variant and Price
- 11 Substitutes of Shelcal
- 12 FAQs – 10 Questions Answered about Shelcal
- 12.1 Q. What is Shelcal?
- 12.2 Q. How effective it is/ How long does it take for Shelcal to show results?
- 12.3 Q. Should Shelcal be taken on an empty stomach?
- 12.4 Q. Does Shelcal make you drowsy?
- 12.5 Q. What should be the time gap between the consumption of 2 Shelcal Tablets?
- 12.6 Q. Should I complete the whole cycle of the medicine even if cured?
- 12.7 Q. Does Shelcal effect my menstrual cycle?
- 12.8 Q. Is Shelcal safe for children?
- 12.9 Q. Are there any symptoms that I should consider before taking Shelcal?
- 12.10 Q. Is Shelcal legal in India?
- 13 Authored by –
1What is Shelcal?
Used mainly for treatment and management of calcium and vitamin D deficiencies like increased calcium demand during pregnancy, hypoparathyroidism, rickets, osteoporosis and Fanconi syndrome etc. Dark green colored stools, increased urination and photophobia are the major side effects at repetitive doses. It should be totally avoided in the case of Vitamin D toxicity and in patients with increased calcium levels (hypercalcaemia).
Shelcal Composition: Calcium 500mg + Vitamin D3 250 IU.
Manufactured By: Torrent Pharmaceuticals Ltd.
Prescription: Not required as it is available as OTC
Form: Tablets, capsules and syrups.
Price: Rs. 90.00 for 15 Tablets.
Expiry/Shelf Life: 24 months from the date of manufacturing
Type of Drug: Vitamin and Calcium supplement.