Table of Contents
- What is Signoflam?
- Uses of Signoflam
- How does Signoflam work?
- How to take Signoflam?
- Common Dosage for Signoflam
- When to Avoid Signoflam?
- Precautions While Taking Signoflam
- Side-Effects of Signoflam
- Drug Interactions to be Careful About
- Buyer’s Guide – Signoflam Composition, Variant and Price
- Substitutes of Signoflam
- FAQs – 10 Questions Answered about Signoflam
- Authored by-
1What is Signoflam?
Used mainly to prevent or treat signs of inflammation like redness, swelling, pain etc. (back pain, osteoarthritis) and fever. Liver toxicity is the major side effect at high repetitive doses. It should be totally avoided in case of liver, kidney or heart impairment and gastric ulcers.
Signoflam Composition: Aceclofenac 100mg + Paracetamol 325mg + Serratiopeptidase 15mg
Manufactured By: Lupin Ltd
Prescription: Required as it belongs to Schedule ‘H’ but also available as OTC
Form: Tablet and gel.
Price: Rs. 97.85 for 10 tablets.
Expiry/Shelf Life: 24 months from the date of manufacturing
Type of Drug: NSAID + Analgesic + Antipyretic
2Uses of Signoflam
Signoflam is used to prevent or treat the following conditions:
- Back pain: Used to treat back pain.
- Ankylosing Spondylitis: Used in cases of ankylosing spondylitis.
- Frozen Shoulder: Used to treat pain in cases of frozen shoulder
- Menstrual Pain: Used to treat and manage pain during periods (menstruation pain)
- Dental Pain: Used to treat tooth pain.
- Osteoarthritis: Used in cases of Osteoarthritis.
- Rheumatoid Arthritis: Used in cases of rheumatoid arthritis.
- Fever: Used in cases of mild to moderate fever as it contains Paracetamol.
3 How does Signoflam work?
- Signoflam contains Aceclofenac and Paracetamol as its main active ingredient.
- Aceclofenac is a Non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drug (NSAID) used to treat pain and other signs of inflammation.
- It works by inhibiting the COX (Cyclo oxygenase) enzymes which further blocks prostaglandin secretion.
- Prostaglandins are accountable for producing inflammatory signs and inhibition of prostaglandin aids in providing relief from the symptoms
- Paracetamol selectively inhibits the COX enzymes in the brain which aids for its analgesic and antipyretic property.
4 How to take Signoflam?
- Signoflam is usually available in the form of tablets.
- Signoflam Tablet is taken by mouth with a glass of water preferably with or after meals as food helps to prevent any potential gastric irritation the drug might cause when taken empty stomach.
- Signoflam Tablet should never be chewed or crushed. It should be swallowed as a whole.
- Signoflam Tablet should be taken with an equal time interval between two doses if more than one dose a day is prescribed.
- It is advisable to go through the pack insert properly before consuming the drug to have a better understanding of the drug.
5 Common Dosage for Signoflam
- Signoflam dosage can be decided by the doctor for every individual as per Age, Weight, Mental status, Allergic history and Health status of the patient.
- The common Adult dose of Signoflam Tablet is a single tablet once or twice a day with an interval of at least 4-6 hours between two doses.
- It is not recommended to be administered to children without paediatric consultation
- Dose alteration should be avoided without proper medical consultation.
Q. What happens if I overdose on Signoflam?
An overdose of Signoflam can cause undesirable effects like chest pain, confusion and can also lead to complications in a few cases.
Therefore, strictly adhere to the prescribed dose and seek medical help immediately in case of any symptoms of overdose.
Q. What happens if I miss a dose of Signoflam?
The dose prescribed by the doctor should never be missed and if missed, it should be consumed always as soon as you remember it. But, avoid taking a double dose if it’s already time for the second dose after that as it may lead to an overdose of the drug
Q. What happens if I eat expired Signoflam?
Consuming expired Signoflam tablet might not exhibit desirable effects or any side effects. However, one should abstain from consuming the expired drug.
Q. Onset time of Signoflam and till when does the effect of Signoflam stays?
The effect of Signoflam can be seen within 1 hour to show its peak effect from 1.5-3 hours minutes of oral administration of the drug.
- Duration of drug effect is 10-12 hours
- Time is taken by the drug to show the desired effects may vary with every individual patient.
Also Read: Serratiopeptidase Dosage | Sibelium Dosage
6When to Avoid Signoflam?
Do not Consume Signoflam if:
- Allergy: In cases of known allergy to Signoflam or any other NSAIDs or any of its constituents.
- Gastric bleeding: In cases of patients with a history of gastric ulcer, bleeding or perforations as it can cause swelling and bleeding of stomach, colon or anus.
- Heart diseases: In cases of patients with heart diseases.
- Asthma: In cases of patients with Asthma.
- Liver/ Kidney impairment: In cases of patients with liver disease and kidney disease or impairment.
7Precautions While Taking Signoflam
- Elderly patients: Signoflam or any other NSAID should be used with caution in elderly patients as they are at high risk of serious side effects and fatalities.
- Liver/ Kidney diseases: Dose alteration may be required by the physician in patients with kidney, heart or liver impairments.
- GI lesions: Signoflam should be used with extra caution in patients with a history of gastrointestinal lesions.
Warnings When Taking Signoflam
- There should be the equally spaced time interval between two doses.
- Consume plenty of fluids to counteract the potential undesirable effects of the drug.
- Always consume the tablet with or after meals to prevent any gastric irritation.
- Do not take two different kinds of pain killer concomitantly.
8Side-Effects of Signoflam
The side effects associated with Signoflam are:
- Nausea (common)
- Vomiting (common)
- Abdominal pain (less common)
- Diarrhoea (less common)
- Dizziness (common)
- Indigestion (common)
- Flatulence (less common)
- Constipation (less common)
- Loss of appetite (less common)
- Liver toxicity (less common)
- Insomnia (less common)
Are There Any Reported Allergic Reactions to Signoflam?
- Signoflam is known to cause allergic reaction with symptoms like rashes, breathing difficulty, swelling of face, lip and throat.
- In case of any such signs, immediate medical help should be taken.
What are the effects of Signoflam on organs?
- Signoflam should be used with caution in patients with liver impairment as Signoflam can affect the liver.
- It can cause stomach bleeding in patients with gastric ulcer.
9Drug Interactions to be Careful About
It is always advisable to be careful of a certain drug to drug or drug to food interactions when consuming Signoflam. Always be aware of the food items, other drugs or lab tests while consuming Signoflam. We explore these n details below.
1. Food Interactions with Signoflam
No particular food item to be avoided.
2. Medicines Interactions with Signoflam
All the potential drug interactions might not be listed here. It is always advisable that the patient must inform the physician about all the drugs/products you use. You must notify the doctor about the herbal products that you are currently consuming. You should never alter the drug regimen without your doctor’s approval.
The common drug interactions have been noticed with the following drugs:
- Digoxin (mild)
- Corticosteroids (mild)
- Benzydamine (moderate)
- Oxyphenbutazone (mild)
- Lithium (mild)
- Nimesulide (mild)
- Metamizole (moderate)
- Anti hypertensive (mild)
3. Effects of Signoflam on Lab Tests
Signoflam affects the blood urea and blood creatinine levels.
4. Signoflam’s interactions with Pre-existing Conditions/Diseases
Any Liver or kidney diseases and gastric ulcer.
Q. Can I have Signoflam with alcohol?
No, it is advisable to avoid alcohol consumption while on Signoflam therapy as it can increase the chances of stomach bleeding. Therefore, the doctor should always be consulted before taking alcohol with Signoflam.
Q. Any particular food item to be avoided?
No particular food item is to be avoided.
Q. Can I have Signoflam when pregnant?
No, it is not safe to consume during pregnancy (especially just before the term of pregnancy). Always inform the doctor before taking Signoflam in cases of pregnancy or if you’re planning to conceive.
Q. Can I have Signoflam when feeding a baby?
No, it is not safe to administer Signoflam tablet to Lactating mothers and the drug should be used only when necessary and with caution after informing the doctor about the case.
Q. Can I drive after taking Signoflam?
It is safe to drive after consuming Signoflam tablet but one should avoid driving or operating heavy machinery if drowsiness or dizziness occurs.
Also Read: Sinarest Side Effect | Soframycin Side Effect | Sompraz 40 Side Effect
10 Buyer’s Guide – Signoflam Composition, Variant and Price
|Signoflam Variants||Signoflam Composition||Signoflam Price|
|Signoflam P Tablet||Aceclofenac 100mg + Paracetamol 325 mg + Serratiopeptidase||Rs. 37.50 for 10 tablets|
|D Signoflam Transgel 30gm||Diclofenac 1.16% w/w + Linseed oil 3% w/w + Menthol 5% w/w + Methyl Salicylate 10% w/w||Rs. 119.85 for 1 pack.|
11Substitutes of Signoflam
The following are alternative drugs for Signoflam:
- Aceclo SP Tablet:
- Manufactured by – Leo Pharma
- Acecloren Tablet:
- Manufactured by – Indoco Remedies Ltd
- Price – Rs. 69.86
- Acephar SP Tablet:
- Manufactured by – Biophar Lifesciences
- Price – Rs. 56.25
Storage requirements for Signoflam
- Store the Signoflam tablet at a dry place away from direct heat or sunlight at temperature below 25O
- Keep it at a place away from children’s reach.
Also Read: Spasmonil Price | Sporlac Price | Susten 200 Price
12FAQs – 10 Questions Answered about Signoflam
Q. What is Signoflam?
Ans. Signoflam is a combinational drug that contains Aceclofenac and Paracetamol as its main active ingredient.
Aceclofenac is a Non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drug (NSAID) with analgesic (Pain reliever) and anti-inflammatory properties whereas, Paracetamol is analgesic as well as antipyretic in nature.
It is used mainly to treat signs of inflammation like redness, swelling, pain, etc. and conditions like the pain of osteoarthritis
Q. How effective it is/ How long does it take for Signoflam to show results?
Ans. The effect of Signoflam can be seen within 1.5 to 3 hours of oral administration of the drug and the time taken by the drug to show the desired effects may vary with every individual patient.
Q. Should Signoflam be taken on an empty stomach?
Ans. Signoflam should not be taken empty stomach to prevent any potential stomach upset.
Q. Does Signoflam make you drowsy?
Ans. Yes, Signoflam may cause drowsiness in a few cases but it varies with every individual.
Q. What should be the time gap between the consumption of 2 Signoflam doses?
Ans. The ideal time gap of 4-6 hours should be there between two doses.
Q. Should I complete the whole cycle of the medicine even if cured?
Ans. Signoflam should be consumed as prescribed by the doctor and in case of any severity of symptoms, immediate medical help or consultation should be taken.
And the doctor should be the one to decide when and how to stop the cycle of Signoflam.
Q. Does Signoflam effect my menstrual cycle?
Ans.No, it generally doesn’t affect the menstrual cycle but one should always consult the doctor in case of pre-existing menstrual problems before consuming the drug
Q. Is Signoflam safe for children?
Ans. Signoflam should not be administered in children without proper consultation and recommendation by the Paediatrician should be taken.
Q. Are there any symptoms that I should consider before taking Signoflam?
Ans. Any liver disorder or allergic reactions are to be taken into consideration before taking Signoflam.
Q. Is Signoflam legal in India?
Ans. Yes, it is legal in India.
Disclaimer – The information provided above is to the best of our research and knowledge. However, you are recommended to consult a physician before consuming the drug.