Table of Contents
- 1 What is Sompraz?
- 2 Uses of Sompraz
- 3 How does Sompraz work?
- 4 How to take Sompraz?
- 5 Common Dosage for Sompraz
- 6 When to Avoid Sompraz?
- 7 Precautions While Taking Sompraz:
- 8 Side-Effects of Sompraz
- 9 Drug Interactions to be Careful About
- 9.1 1. Food Interactions with Sompraz
- 9.2 2. Medicines Interactions with Sompraz
- 9.3 3. Effects of Somprazon Lab Tests
- 9.4 4. Sompraz’s interactions with Pre-existing Conditions/Diseases
- 9.5 Q. Can I have Sompraz with alcohol?
- 9.6 Q. Any particular food item to be avoided?
- 9.7 Q. Can I have Sompraz when pregnant?
- 9.8 Q. Can I have Sompraz when feeding a baby?
- 9.9 Q. Can I drive after taking Sompraz?
- 10 Buyer’s Guide – Sompraz Composition, Variant and Price
- 11 Substitutes of Sompraz
- 12 FAQs – 10 Important Questions Answered about Sompraz
- 12.1 Q. What is Sompraz?
- 12.2 Q. How long does it take for Sompraz to show results?
- 12.3 Q. Should Sompraz be taken on an empty stomach?
- 12.4 Q. Does Sompraz make you drowsy?
- 12.5 Q. What should be the time gap between the consumption of 2 Sompraz doses?
- 12.6 Q. Should I complete the whole cycle of the medicine even if cured?
- 12.7 Q. Does Sompraz effect my menstrual cycle?
- 12.8 Q. Is Sompraz safe for children?
- 12.9 Q. Are there any symptoms that I should consider before taking Sompraz?
- 12.10 Q. Is Sompraz legal in India?
- 13 Authored By –
1What is Sompraz?
It is a medicine which is to prevent or treat acidity, gas and heartburn. Diarrhea and dizziness are the commonly seen side effects at repetitive high doses. It should be totally avoided in case of liver or kidney disease and intestinal blockage, allergic reactions.
Sompraz Composition: Esomeprazole 40mg
Manufactured By: Sun Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd.
Prescription: Required as it comes under schedule ‘H’ but it is also available as OTC
Form: Tablets, capsules and injections.
Price: Rs 106 for 15 tablets.
Expiry/Shelf Life: 24 months from the date of manufacturing
Type of Drug: Proton Pump Inhibitor