Table of Contents
- 1 What is Supradyn?
- 2 Uses of Supradyn
- 3 How does Supradyn work?
- 4 What are the effects of Supradyn tablets on organs?
- 5 How to take Supradyn?
- 6 Common Dosage for Supradyn
- 7 When to Avoid Supradyn?
- 8 Precautions While Taking Supradyn
- 9 Side-Effects of Supradyn
- 10 Drug Interactions to be Careful About
- 11 Supradyn Composition and Price – Buyer’s Guide
- 12 Substitutes of Supradyn
- 13 FAQs – 10 Important Questions Answered about Supradyn
- 14 Authored By –
What is Supradyn?
Used mainly for prevention or treatment of conditions associated with Vitamin deficiency. It is a synthetically derived multivitamin formulation. Stomach upset is the major side effect caused by Supradyn. It should be totally avoided in case of peptic ulcers.
Supradyn Composition – Vitamins (A+B1+B2+B3+B5+B6+B9+B12+C+D3+E+H) and Minerals (Zinc + Iron + Calcium + Copper + Manganese + Magnesium + Phosphorus + Chromium)
Manufactured By – Abbott Healthcare Pvt Ltd.
Prescription – Not required (available as OTC)
Form – Tablets
Price – Rs 24 for 15 tablets.
Expiry/Shelf Life – 24 months from the date of manufacturing
Type of Drug – Multivitamins and Multi minerals
Also read in Hindi about Supradyn
Uses of Supradyn
Supradyn acts as a multipurpose drug due to its efficiency to treat multiple conditions like:
- Neuropathy: Used to treat neuropathies like Diabetic neuropathy.
- Anaemia: Used in patients with anaemia as it contains vitamins. Therefore, it helps to replenish the required amount of vitamins in anemic cases.
- Scurvy: Used in cases of scurvy as it contains Vitamin C, as it is proven to be helpful in curing the condition.
- Immunity booster: Used as an immunity booster as it contains multiple minerals and vitamins, and helps to improve the immunological defense of the body.
- Hair strength: Used to provide strength to hair follicles and treat conditions like gray hair and brittle hair and also provides strength to nails.
- Teeth and Bones: Used to strengthen the bones and teeth as it contains calcium as one of its ingredient and Vitamin D3 which facilitates calcium absorption.
- Pregnancy: Used to fulfill the increased nutritional demand of the body during pregnancy.
- Skin Diseases: Used to treat certain skin diseases.
- Gastric Problems: Used sometimes to treat your stomach and cases of heartburn also.
- Others: Used to treat infections and to lower down the cholesterol.
Also Read: Ceftazidime Uses | Chloramphenicol Uses
How does Supradyn work?
- Supradyn contains multivitamins and multi-minerals as its ingredient.
- Supradyn works by replenishing the required amount of minerals and vitamins in the body.
- Minerals like Zinc, calcium, Iron helps to maintain the normal and adequate functioning of the bone, nerve and blood cells.
- Vitamins like Vitamin B1, B12, C, D3 and other vitamins help in maintaining the required amount by the body and help to cure conditions like Anaemia and scurvy.
- Therefore, Supradyn works by providing the required amount of Vitamins and minerals to the body.
What are the effects of Supradyn tablets on organs?
- Supradyn should be administered to patients with liver and kidney problems only after proper medical consultation to prevent any potential damage.
- Supradyn dose modification may be required in such cases.
How to take Supradyn?
- Supradyn is usually available in tablet form.
- Tablets are to be administered orally (Via mouth) with a glass of water or as instructed by the doctor. It should be consumed with or immediately after food instead of empty stomach for better absorption of the nutrients.
- The tablet should not be crushed or chewed but should be swallowed as a whole.
- It is advisable to take Supradyn at a fixed time.
- It is recommended for a patient to go through the leaflet inside the package thoroughly to have a better understanding of the drug.
Common Dosage for Supradyn
- The dosage of the drug is to be decided by the doctor for every individual as per the Age, Weight, Mental status, Allergic history, the Health status of the patient and Condition being treated.
- The common dose of Supradyn is usually one single tablet a day but it can be modified as per the condition being treated.
- Before administering the dose to children, it is advisable to have a proper consultation with a paediatrician.
Q. What happens if I overdose on Supradyn?
Supradyn should always be consumed as per the prescribed dose. Overdose can lead to more than the required amount of vitamins and minerals in the body and can also cause some serious undesirable effects like anxiety, rapid heartbeats in few cases. The doctor or trained medical staff should be immediately consulted in case of overdose.
Q. What happens if I miss a dose of Supradyn?
Supradyn should always be taken as per the fixed time schedule and in case of the missed dose, always try to consume it as soon as you remember. But, avoid taking the missed dose if it’s already time to take the second dose as it may lead to drug toxicity or drug overdose.
Q. What happens if I eat expired Supradyn?
Expired Supradyn may not cause any undesirable effect but it is advisable to avoid consuming expired drug as it may not be efficacious enough to provide the needed results and the doctor should be immediately consulted in case of any undesirable symptoms after consuming the expired drug.
Q. Onset time of Supradyn and till when does the effect of Supradyn stay?
- Supradyn Tablets start to show results within the first day of administration of the drug.
- The symptoms will start to disappear as soon as vitamin levels reach its normal value.
When to Avoid Supradyn?
Do not Consume Supradyn:
- Allergy: In known cases of allergic reaction to Supradyn or any of its content.
- Skin diseases: In known cases of skin diseases like Eczema or Dermatitis.
- Heart Problems: In cases of acute myocardial infarction.
- Ulcer: In known cases of active peptic ulcer.
- Abrasions: It is to be avoided in cases of abrasion.
Precautions While Taking Supradyn
- Concomitant Vitamin Supplement: Any other vitamin or mineral supplement should be avoided while taking Supradyn.
- Liver or kidney disorders: In cases of liver or kidney disorders, extra caution is to be taken while consuming Supradyn.
- Avoid Overdosage: Drug overdose should be avoided as it may lead to symptoms like anxiety, increased heartbeats, tooth staining etc.
Warnings When Taking Supradyn
- Consuming more than the daily prescribed dose may lead to serious side effects.
- Supradyn is not advisable in Pediatric patients unless stated otherwise by the doctor.
Side-Effects of Supradyn
The side effects associated with Supradyn are:
- Stomach upset – less common
- Diarrhea – less common
- Nausea – common
- Transient tooth discoloration – rare
- Constipation – Common
- Black colored stools – rare
Are There Any Reported Allergic Reactions to Supradyn?
Possible allergic reactions reported for Supradyn are:
- Hives – less common
- Swelling of eye, face, lips, mouth or tongue – less common
- Breathlessness. – less common
Drug Interactions to be Careful About
It is always advisable to be careful of a certain drug to drug or drug to food interactions when consuming Darolac. Always be aware of the food items, other drugs or lab tests while consuming Darolac. We explore these n details below.
1. Food Interactions with Supradyn
No particular food item to be avoided apart from alcohol as it may cause liver damage
2. Medicines Interactions with Supradyn
All the potential drug interactions might not be listed here. It is always advisable that the patient must inform the physician about of all the drugs/products you use. You must notify the doctor about the herbal products that you are currently consuming. You should never alter the drug regimen without your doctor’s approval.
The common drug interactions have been noticed with the following drugs:
- Ascorbic Acid
- Oral Contraceptives
- Arsenic trioxide
3. Effects of Supradyn on Lab Tests
Diabetic patients should avoid taking Supradyn before going for a urine glucose test as it may give false positive results
4. Supradyn’s interactions with Pre-existing Conditions/Diseases
Any Liver diseases or myocardial infarction.
Q. Can I have Supradyn with alcohol?
No. Supradyn can interact with alcohol to produce undesirable effects like drowsiness or dizziness. Always consult the doctor before consuming alcohol with Supradyn.
Q. Any particular food item to be avoided?
No particular food item needs to be avoided while taking Supradyn.
Q. Can I have Supradyn when pregnant?
No, Supradyn should not be administered to pregnant women unless correction of Vitamin A deficiency is required and it should be avoided during the early phase of pregnancy and always the doctor should be notified if you are pregnant or plan to become pregnant for case-specific dose recommendations.
Q. Can I have Supradyn when feeding a baby?
Yes, Supradyn is safe to be recommended for lactating mothers and the doctor should always be informed for the case and dose-specific recommendations.
Q. Can I drive after taking Supradyn?
Yes, as Supradyn does not affect the ability to drive.
Also Read: Amphotericin B Side Effect | Ampicillin Side Effect
Supradyn Composition and Price – Buyer’s Guide
|Supradyn||Supradyn Composition||Supradyn Price|
|Strip of 15 Tablets||Vitamins and Mineral||Rs 24.00|
Buy Here: 1mg Coupon Codes | Practo | Netmeds Offers | Medlife Coupons | Pharmeasy Coupons
Substitutes of Supradyn
The following are alternative drugs for Supradyn:
- Supradyn N Tablet: Manufactured by Bayer Healthcare.
Storage requirements for Supradyn Tablets
- Supradyn Tablet should be stored in a cool, moisture-free place at room temperature.
- The drug should be kept out of children’s reach.
FAQs – 10 Important Questions Answered about Supradyn
Q. What is Supradyn?
Ans. Supradyn is a synthetically derived nutritional supplement that contains multivitamins and multi-minerals.
It serves multiple purposes as it is used to treat vitamin deficiency as well as gastric problems.
Q. How effective it is/ How long does it take for Supradyn to show results?
Ans. Supradyn shows its effect within the first day of administration of the drug.
Q. Should Supradyn be taken on an empty stomach?
Ans. Supradyn should be taken after food to have better drug absorption.
Q. Does Supradyn make you drowsy?
Ans. Supradyn might cause drowsiness in a few rare cases but it varies with every individual.
Q. What should be the time gap between the consumption of 2 Supradyn doses?
Ans. The ideal time gap of atleast 4-6 hours should be there between two doses to avoid Supradyn toxicity or overdose.
Q. Should I complete the whole cycle of the medicine even if cured?
Ans. Supradyn is to be taken as prescribed by the doctor. Stopping the medicine in between may lead to remission of symptoms. Therefore, the doctor should be the one to decide when and how to stop the cycle of Supradyn.
Q. Does Supradyn effect my menstrual cycle?
Ans. No, it does not affect the menstrual cycle instead it proves beneficial for such condition but always consults the doctor in case of pre-existing menstrual problems before consuming the drug
Q. Is Supradyn safe for children?
Ans. Supradyn should not be administered in children without proper paediatric consultation. Therefore, Paediatrician should always be consulted in such cases.
Q. Are there any symptoms that I should consider before taking Supradyn?
Ans. Any heart problem or skin disorders should be taken into consideration before taking Supradyn
Q. Is Supradyn legal in India?
Ans. Yes, it is legal in India.
Disclaimer – The information provided above is to the best of our research and knowledge. However, you are recommended to consult a physician before consuming the drug.