Skip to Content
- Q. What happens if I overuse Surfaz SN?
- Q. What happens if I miss an application of Surfaz SN?
- Q. What happens if I use expired Surfaz SN?
- Q. What is the Onset time of Surfaz SN?
- Warnings When using Surfaz SN
- Are There Any Reported Allergic Reactions to Surfaz SN?
- 1. Food Interactions with Surfaz SN
- 2. Medicines Interactions with Surfaz SN
- 3. Effects of Surfaz SN on Lab Tests
- 4. Surfaz SN’s interactions with Pre-existing Conditions/Diseases
- Q. Can I have alcohol with Surfaz SN?
- Q. Any particular food item to be avoided?
- Q. Can I use Surfaz SN when pregnant?
- Q. Can I use Surfaz SN when feeding a baby?
- Q. Can I drive after taking Surfaz SN?
- Storage requirements for Surfaz SN
- Q. What is Surfaz SN?
- Q. How effective it is/ How long does it take for Surfaz SN to show results?
- Q. Does Surfaz SN make you drowsy?
- Q. What should be the time gap between the two applications of Surfaz SN?
- Q. Should I complete the whole cycle of the medicine even if cured?
- Q. Does Surfaz SN effect my menstrual cycle?
- Q. Is Surfaz SN safe for children?
- Q. Are there any symptoms that I should consider before using Surfaz SN?
- Q. Is Surfaz SN legal in India?
What is Surfaz SN?
It is a medicine which is used to prevent or treat conditions like fungal and bacterial skin infections and allergies. Burning sensation and itching are the major side effects of Surfaz SN. It should be totally avoided in case of infants and allergic reactions.
Surfaz SN Composition: Beclometasone 0.025% w/w + Neomycin 0.5% w/w+ Clotrimazole 1% w/w
Manufactured by: Franco Indian Pharmaceuticals Pvt Ltd.
Prescription: To be sold by prescription.
Form: Cream, Powder and Tablets
Price: Rs 72.57 for 1 pack of 10gm cream.
Expiry/Shelf Life: 2 years from the date of manufacturing
Type of Drug: antifungal, antibiotic and steroid.
Also read in Hindi about Surfaz SN
Uses of Surfaz SN
Surfaz SN is used in the prevention and treatment of following conditions:
- Fungal Infection of penis: Used in cases of fungal infection of penis in male.
- Fungal vaginal infection: Used in cases of fungal infection of the vagina.
- Fungal infection of skin folds: Used in cases of fungal infection of armpit and folds of skin.
- Fungal Oral Infection: Used in cases of fungal infection of the oral cavity like Candidiasis.
- Tinea Versicolor: Used in cases of small depigmented patches of skin on trunk and shoulder (Tinea Versicolor).
- Microbial infections: Used in cases of other microbial infections.
How does Surfaz SN work?
- Surfaz SN is basically a composition of different class of drugs namely: Clotrimazole, Betamethasone and Neomycin.
- Betamethasone acts as anti-inflammatory and provides relief in the inflammatory signs like redness, swelling and itching.
- Clotrimazole shows the antifungal property by breaking the outer covering of the fungal cells and thereby preventing their further growth.
- Neomycin is antibiotic in nature and works by inhibiting the synthesis of essential proteins required by bacterial cells for their vitality and eventually the bacterial cells die.
- Surfaz SN therefore treats the bacterial and fungal infections and provide relief.
How to use Surfaz SN?
- Surfaz SN is usually available in Cream form.
- Gently wash the affected area before application, wash and dry your hands properly before applying Surfaz SN.
- Apply a thin layer of the cream over the affected area and gently massage it for few seconds and let it be there on the skin for some time to have desired results.
- Wash hands immediately after applying the cream.
- Avoid using the cream in eyes, ears or nose as it is for external use only.
- Surfaz SN should not be applied in genital areas as the skin of genital area is extra sensitive.
- Avoid excess of cream use as it may cause undesirable effects.
- It is advisable for the patient to go through the leaflet inside the package thoroughly to have a better understanding of how to handle the drug.
Common Dosage for Surfaz SN
- Surfaz SN usage can be decided by the doctor for every individual as per Age, Weight, Mental status, Allergic history, Health status of the patient and Condition being treated.
- The common usage of Surfaz SN is 2 times a day over the affected area after properly cleaning the area.
- It is advisable to consult with a dermatologist or paediatrician before application of Surfaz SN in children as it is not safe for children.
- Only a thin layer is to be applied on the affected area.
Q. What happens if I overuse Surfaz SN?
Surfaz SN usage should be followed strictly as per the prescription by the doctor.
Prolonged and over use of Surfaz SN can cause symptoms like dry skin and skin irritation. In such cases, immediate medical help should be taken to avoid undesirable effects.
Q. What happens if I miss an application of Surfaz SN?
Surfaz SN should always be applied as prescribed by the doctor and in case of missed application, always try to apply it as soon as you remember. But, avoid overusing it.
Q. What happens if I use expired Surfaz SN?
Expired Surfaz SN may not cause any undesirable effect but it is advisable to avoid using expired drug as it may not be efficacious enough to provide the needed results and the doctor should be immediately consulted in case of any undesirable symptoms after using the expired drug.
Q. What is the Onset time of Surfaz SN?
- Onset time of action for Surfaz SN can vary as per the condition being treated.
- Surfaz SN starts to exhibit results within a week of regular use.
- The time taken by the drug to show its effect may vary with every individual.
When to Avoid Surfaz SN?
Do not use Surfaz SN if:
- Genital areas: Surfaz SN should not be used in genital areas as it is to be used in external areas only.
- Allergy/Hypersensitivity: In known cases of allergy or hypersensitivity to Surfaz SN or any of its ingredients.
- Underage: It should not be used in infants and children.
- Upcoming surgery: In cases of upcoming surgery, it should be avoided.
- Pregnancy: In cases of pregnancy, it is not considered safe.
Precautions While using Surfaz SN
- Allergic Reaction: Always seek medical help immediately in case of any allergic reaction, if occurs after using Surfaz SN.
- Avoid eye contact: Always apply the drug on the outer areas and avoid contact with the eye and if occurs, wash the face with fresh water thoroughly.
- Avoid Dose alteration: Drug alteration should be avoided unless stated by the doctor.
- Time Interval: A fixed time gap is to be maintained between the two applications to avoid drug over usage, atleast 5-10 minutes between two doses.
Warnings When using Surfaz SN
- Concomitant use of any other topical drug should be delayed for atleast 5-10 minutes while using Surfaz SN.
- Usage alteration without medical advice is not recommended
- Excess amount of drug should not be applied.
- Surfaz SN should not be administered in children unless specified by the Paediatrician.
Side-Effects of Surfaz SN
The side effects associated with Surfaz SN are:
- Rashes (less common)
- Burning sensation or skin irritation. (common)
- Redness or swelling at the application site. (less common)
- Skin peeling (rare)
- Itchiness of skin. (less common)
- Dryness of skin (less common)
- Excess hair growth (less common)
- Skin thinning (less common)
Are There Any Reported Allergic Reactions to Surfaz SN?
Possible allergic reactions reported for Surfaz SN are:
- Rashes (less common)
- Swelling of skin (less common)
- Itching (common)
Drug Interactions with Surfaz SN to be Careful About
It is always advisable to be careful of certain drug to drug or drug to food interactions when consuming Surfaz SN. Always be aware of the food items, other drugs or lab tests while consuming Surfaz SN. We explore these n details below.
1. Food Interactions with Surfaz SN
No particular food item to be avoided.
2. Medicines Interactions with Surfaz SN
Since Surfaz SN is a topical drug, no other drugs have reactions with it unless any other topical drug is being used in the same area of application. It is always advisable that the patient must inform the physician about of all the drugs/products you use. You must notify the doctor about the herbal products that you are currently using. You should never alter the drug regimen without your doctor’s approval.
The common drug interactions seen with Surfaz SN are:
- Flucytosine (moderate)
- Nystatin (mild)
- Amphotericin B (moderate)
3. Effects of Surfaz SN on Lab Tests
Surfaz SN doesn’t affect any laboratory test results.
4. Surfaz SN’s interactions with Pre-existing Conditions/Diseases
Patients with allergic reactions.
Q. Can I have alcohol with Surfaz SN?
Interaction of Surfaz SN with alcohol is not known. Therefore, always consult the doctor before consuming alcohol with Surfaz SN.
Q. Any particular food item to be avoided?
Q. Can I use Surfaz SN when pregnant?
No, Surfaz SN should not be used during pregnancy as it is not considered safe for use in pregnant women. Limited evidence shows ill effect on the foetus. Always inform the doctor if you are pregnant or plan to become pregnant.
Q. Can I use Surfaz SN when feeding a baby?
Yes, Surfaz SN is safe to be used for lactating mothers but avoid contacting the child with the drug and also avoid Surfaz SN application on breasts. Always notify the doctor in such cases.
Q. Can I drive after taking Surfaz SN?
Yes, Surfaz SN has no effect on driving ability.
Buyer’s Guide – Surfaz SN Composition, Variant and Price
|Surfaz 15 gm Cream||Clotrimazole 1%w/w||Rs. 42.40 for 1 pack|
|Surfaz 15ml Solution||Clotrimazole 1%w/v||Rs. 55.40 for 1 pack|
|Surfaz B 15gm Cream||Clotrimazole 1%w/w + Beclometasone 0.025%w/w||Rs. 76.60 for 1 pack|
|Surfaz 100gm Powder||Clotrimazole 1%w/w||Rs. 105.80 for 1 pack|
|Surfaz Ear Drops||Clotrimazole 1% + Lignocaine 2%||Rs.23.21 for 1 pack|
|Surfaz vaginal Tablet||Clotrimazole 100mg||Rs. 37.20 for 1 tablet|
Substitutes of Surfaz SN
The following are alternative drugs for Surfaz SN:
- Cloterite BN 15gm Cream: Manufactured by MHS Pharmaceuticals.
- Quadriderm RF 10gm Cream: Manufactured by Fulford India Ltd.
- Candiderma Plus 10gm Cream: Manufactured by Glenmark Pharmaceuticals Ltd.
- Cloben G 15gm Cream: Manufactured by Indoco Remedies Ltd.
Storage requirements for Surfaz SN
- Surfaz SN drug should be stored at a moisture free, dry place at temperature below 25O
- Avoid freezing the drug
- Drug should be kept out of children’s reach
FAQs –10 Important Questions Answered about Surfaz SN
Q. What is Surfaz SN?
Ans. Surfaz SN is a topically used drug, combination of steroid, antibiotic and antifungal drug.
Surfaz SN is effective against fungal skin infections and allergies.
Q. How effective it is/ How long does it take for Surfaz SN to show results?
Ans. Surfaz SN shows its effect within first week of application but one should continue the application unless asked to stop by the doctor.
Q. Does Surfaz SN make you drowsy?
Ans. Surfaz SN generally doesn’t cause drowsiness.
Q. What should be the time gap between the two applications of Surfaz SN?
Ans. An Ideal time gap of atleast 5-10 minutes should be there between two applications. However, one should never overuse Surfaz SN applications.
Q. Should I complete the whole cycle of the medicine even if cured?
Ans. Surfaz SN should be used strictly as per the doctor’s advice. Withdrawal of Surfaz SN in between can lead to recurrence of symptoms.
The doctor should be the one to decide when and how to stop the cycle of Surfaz SN.
Q. Does Surfaz SN effect my menstrual cycle?
Ans. Surfaz SN generally doesn’t affect the menstrual cycle as it for topical application only but always consult the doctor in case of pre existing menstrual problems before using the drug
Q. Is Surfaz SN safe for children?
Ans. Do not apply on children’s skin without proper consultation with the paediatrician as a precautionary measure, as children’s skin is more sensitive as compared to adults.
Q. Are there any symptoms that I should consider before using Surfaz SN?
Ans. Any allergic history with Surfaz SN with symptoms like rashes, itching or burning sensation or same class of drugs, are to be taken into consideration before using Surfaz SN.
Q. Is Surfaz SN legal in India?
Ans. Yes, it is legal in India.
Similar Reads –
- Stemetil 5 MG Tablet
- Intagesic Mr Tablet
- Ciplox Tz Tablet
- Zifi 200 MG Tablet
- Azee 500 MG Tablet
- Aceclofenac Paracetamol Tablet
Disclaimer – The information provided above is to the best of our research and knowledge. However, you are recommended to consult a physician before consuming the drug.