Table of Contents
What is Tagar?
- Tagar has been one of the oldest Ayurvedic solutions for various health related problems
- It is also known as Valerian
- Tagar is used in the form of powder, tincture or extract
Benefits and Uses of Tagar
- It is used for treating brain-related disorders like insomnia and nervous unrest.
- It has a sedative effect on the brain and can be used as a tranquilizer.
- It brings relief to mild anxiety and nervousness
- It cleanses undigested toxins from blood joints, nerves, and the colon.
- It helps in reducing the Vata and Kapha dosha
- It relieves pain and spasms of involuntary muscles
- It shields against the harmful effects of radiation
Also Read - Sitopaladi Benefits | Vatika Hair Oil Benefits
How to consume Tagar
- Dosage depends on the purpose of consumption. Consult your doctor.
- Generally, if consuming powder, take 1-3 g of it with lukewarm water
Side effects of Tagar
- Prior to use, inform the doctor about your current list of medications.
- It is likely to be safe if consumed in prescribed amounts
- It may cause a headache, mental dullness, excitability, uneasiness and heart disturbances.
- Some people may also experience a dry mouth
- To avoid certain side effects, after consumption for a long period of time, reduce the dosage gradually rather than stopping all at once
- Due to lack of research, it is not known whether Tagar is safe for consumption during pregnancy or lactation. Either consult your doctor or avoid usage.
Also Read - Noni Capsules Side Effects