Table of Contents
- 1 What is Tegrital?
- 2 Uses of Tegrital
- 3 How does Tegrital work?
- 4 How to Take Tegrital?
- 5 Common Dosage for Tegrital
- 6 When to Avoid Tegrital?
- 7 Precautions While Taking Tegrital
- 8 Side-Effects of Tegrital
- 9 Drug Interactions to be Careful About
- 9.1 1. Food Interactions with Tegrital
- 9.2 2. Medicines Interactions with Tegrital
- 9.3 3. Effects of Tegrital on Lab Tests
- 9.4 4. Tegrital’s interactions with Pre-existing Conditions/Diseases
- 9.5 Q. Can I have Tegrital with alcohol?
- 9.6 Q. Any particular food item to be avoided?
- 9.7 Q. Can I have Tegrital when pregnant?
- 9.8 Q. Can I have Tegrital when feeding a baby?
- 9.9 Q. Can I drive after taking Tegrital?
- 10 Tegrital Composition, Variant and Price – Buyer’s Guide
- 11 Substitutes of Tegrital are
- 12 FAQs – 13 Important Questions Answered about Tegrital
- 12.1 Q. What is Tegrital?
- 12.2 Q. What are the uses of Tegrital?
- 12.3 Q. What are the side effects of Tegrital?
- 12.4 Q. How effective is Tegrital?
- 12.5 Q. How long does it take for Tegrital to show results?
- 12.6 Q. Should Tegrital be taken on an empty stomach?
- 12.7 Q. Does Tegrital make you drowsy?
- 12.8 Q. What should be the time gap between the intake of 2 Tegrital tablets?
- 12.9 Q. Should I complete the whole cycle of the medicine even if cured?
- 12.10 Q. Does Tegrital effect my menstrual cycle?
- 12.11 Q. Is Tegrital safe for children?
- 12.12 Q. Are there any symptoms that I should consider before taking Tegrital?
- 12.13 Q. Is Tegrital legal in India?
12What is Tegrital?
The name of the medicine is tegrital. It is an anticonvulsant medicine. It can decrease the amount of seizures and acute pain. Tegrital is generally used to treat various disorders of the central nervous system. It belongs to schedule H. It cannot be sold as OTC medicine.
Tegrital Composition – carbamazepine
Manufactured By – Novartis India Ltd
Prescription – not Available as OTC(Prescription by the doctor is required)
Form – Tablet (most commonly consumed form)
Price – Rs 14 /strip
Expiry/Shelf Life – 22 months
Type of Drug: anticonvulsant