Table of Contents
- 1 What is Tenebite?
- 2 Uses of Tenebite
- 3 How does Tenebite work?
- 4 How to take Tenebite?
- 5 Common Dosage for Tenebite
- 6 When to Avoid Tenebite?
- 7 Precautions While Taking Tenebite
- 8 Side-Effects of Tenebite
- 9 Drug Interactions to be Careful About
- 10 Buyer’s Guide – Tenebite Composition, Variant and Price
- 11 Substitutes of Tenebite
- 12 FAQs – 10 Questions Answered about Tenebite
- 13 Authored by –
What is Tenebite?
Used mainly to control the blood glucose level of patients with Type II Diabetes Mellitus. Loss of appetite and abdominal discomfort are the common side effects seen with this drug. It should be totally avoided in case of liver and kidney diseases and in patients allergic to the drug.
Tenebite Composition: Teneligliptin 20mg.
Manufactured By: Corona Remedies Pvt Ltd.
Prescription: Required as it comes under schedule ‘H’.
Price: Rs 163.35 for 15 tablets.
Expiry/Shelf Life: 24 months from the date of manufacturing.
Type of Drug: Antidiabetic.
Uses of Tenebite
Tenebite is used to prevent or treat the following conditions:
- Diabetes Mellitus: Tenebite is used mainly to treat adult patients with type II Diabetes Mellitus.
- PCOS: Used to manage cases of poly cystic ovarian syndrome (PCOS).
- Obesity: Used to help obese patients to reduce weight.
- Hypertension & CVD: Used to treat and manage high blood pressure which eventually helps to prevent or treat cardio vascular diseases.
How does Tenebite work?
- Tenebite contains Teneligliptin as its active ingredient.
- Blood glucose level inside the human body is maintained by insulin hormone secreted by pancreas. In Type II diabetes mellitus, pancreas fails to produce amount of insulin needed to maintain normal range of blood glucose.
- Teneligliptin belongs to group of Dipeptyl peptidase-4 inhibitors and works by acting on the pancreatic cells to produce increased amount of insulin and therefore, it helps to lower the blood glucose level in diabetic patients.
Also read about other medicine's: Thyronorm | Tinidazole | Thiocolchicoside
How to take Tenebite?
- Tenebite is available in the tablet form.
- Tenebite tablet is usually taken via mouth with a glass of water preferably with meals or just after meals.
- The tablet should never be chewed or crushed but should be consumed as a whole.
- The leaflet present in the pack should be read thoroughly to have a better understanding of the drug.
Common Dosage for Tenebite
- Tenebite dosage can be decided by the doctor for every individual as per: Age, Weight, Mental status, Allergic history and Health status of the patient.
- Common adult of Tenebite tablet is a single dose of 20mg once a day after meals or as stated by the doctor depending upon the condition.
- Tenebite is not advised in paediatric population and always consult the doctor.
- Dose alteration without consultation should be avoided.
Q. What happens if I overdose on Tenebite?
Overdose of Tenebite may lead to low blood glucose and can lead to complications in few cases. It is advisable to consult the doctor immediately.
Q. What happens if I miss a dose of Tenebite?
The dose prescribed by the doctor should never be missed and if missed, it should be consumed always as soon as you remember it. But, avoid taking a double dose if it’s already time for the second dose after that as it may lead to an overdose of the drug.
Q. What happens if I eat expired Tenebite?
Expired Tenebite might not exhibit effects or any undesirable effects. However, one should abstain from consuming expired drug.
Q. Onset time of Tenebite and till when does the effect of Tenebite stays?
- The time taken by the drug to show effect varies with every individual patient.
- Most of the patients experience effects within on day of starting the drug administration.
- Complete prescribed dose of the drug should be taken before stopping the treatment.
Also Read: T Bact Ointment Dosage | Tancet L Dosage | Taxim O Syrup Dosage
When to Avoid Tenebite?
Do not Consume Tenebite if:
- Allergy: In cases of the known history of hypersensitivity/allergy to Tenebite or any similar active ingredients.
- Breastfeeding: In cases of lactating women, it is advisable to avoid the drug.
- Pregnancy: In cases of pregnant women, Tenebite should be avoided.
- Liver Problems: In known cases of patients suffering from a severe liver impairment, extra caution is advised.
- Joint Pain: In known cases of patients with severe joint pain, the drug should be avoided.
Precautions While Taking Tenebite
- Dose Alteration: Avoid altering the dose without proper medical consultation as it can cause undesirable effects.
- Time interval: Try to consume the drug at fixed timing with equal time interval between two doses if the doctor has prescribed more than one dose a day.
- Proper consumption: Do not break or chew the tablet instead swallow the tablet as a whole.
Warnings When Taking Tenebite
- If known history of severe liver diseases, avoid this drug unless stated otherwise by the doctor.
- Proper diet and exercise is also advisable with the drug therapy.
- Equally spaced time interval should be there between two doses.
Side-Effects of Tenebite
The side effects associated with Tenebite are:
- Low blood sugar level (common)
- Headache (common)
- Constipation (less common)
- Nausea (common)
- Appetite loss (common)
- Diarrhoea (less common)
- Upper airway infection (less common)
- Abdominal pain (less common)
Are There Any Reported Allergic Reactions to Tenebite?
- In case of any allergic signs like
- Chest tightness (less common)
- Breathlessness (less common)
- Rashes (common)
- Immediate medical help should be taken in case of any above signs appear.
What are the effects of Tenebite on organs?
- Although, there have been no reports yet but caution is advisable before administering the drug in patients with severe liver impairment.
- No dose adjustment is required in cases of renally impaired patients.
Drug Interactions to be Careful About
It is always advisable to be careful of a certain drug to drug or drug to food interactions when consuming Tenebite. Always be aware of the food items, other drugs or lab tests while consuming Tenebite. We explore these n details below.
1. Food Interactions with Tenebite
No food item to be avoided.
2. Medicines Interactions with Tenebite
All the potential drug interactions might not be listed here. It is always advisable that the patient must inform the physician about of all the drugs/products you use. You must notify the doctor about the herbal products that you are currently consuming. You should never alter the drug regimen without your doctor’s approval.
The common drug interactions have been noticed with the following drugs:
- Hypertension (mild)
- Thyroid medications (moderate)
- Antidepressants (mild)
- Dexamethasone (moderate)
3. Effects of Tenebite on Lab Tests
Tenebite does not affect any lab tests as such.
4. Tenebite’s interactions with Pre-existing Conditions/Diseases
Any Liver diseases.
Q. Can I have Tenebite with alcohol?
Tenebite when taken with alcohol can cause drowsiness. Therefore, the doctor should always be consulted before taking alcohol with Tenebite.
Q. Any particular food item to be avoided?
No food item is to be avoided.
Q. Can I have Tenebite when pregnant?
No, Tenebite should be avoided in pregnant women as it may not be safe and always the doctor should be informed about such cases.
Q. Can I have Tenebite when feeding a baby?
No, Tenebite should be avoided in lactating women as it is not considered safe. The doctor should always be informed
Q. Can I drive after taking Tenebite?
Tenebite usually doesn’t affect the ability to drive but in some cases it can cause drowsiness or dizziness and in such cases, driving or operating heavy machinery should be avoided.
Buyer’s Guide – Tenebite Composition, Variant and Price
|Tenebite Variants||Tenebite Composition||Tenebite Price|
|Tenebite M 20/1000mg Tablet||Metformin 1000mg + Teneligliptin 20mg||Rs. 156.20 for 10 Tablets.|
|Tenebite M 20/500mg Tablet||Metformin 500mg + Teneligliptin 20mg||Rs. 212.35 for 15 Tablets.|
Buy & Get Minimum 20% Discount: Medlife | Myra Medicines
Substitutes of Tenebite
The following are alternative drugs for Tenebite:
- Glipon 20mg Tablet:
- Manufactured by – Aristo Pharmaceuticals Pvt Ltd.
- Price – Rs. 56.25
- Olymprix 20mg Tablet:
- Manufactured by – Alkem Laboratories Ltd.
- Price – Rs. 108.50
- Glitz 20mg Tablet:
- Manufactured by – Ordain Healthcare
- Price – Rs. 99
- Gliptra 20mg Tablet:
- Manufactured by – Retra Life sciences
- Price – Rs. 132
Storage requirements for Tenebite
- The drug should be in a cool, moisture free place away from direct heat and light.
- Keep the drug where it is out of children’s reach.
FAQs – 10 Questions Answered about Tenebite
Q. What is Tenebite?
Ans. Tenebite is a single constituent drug that contains Teneligliptin as its main active ingredient which belongs to the class of gliptin drugs
Tenebite is used to treat Type II Diabetes Mellitus.
Q. How effective it is/ How long does it take for Tenebite to show results?
Ans. Effects/result depends on the condition being treated, usually, Tenebite shows its effect within 1 day of starting the drug therapy.
Q. Should Tenebite be taken on an empty stomach?
Ans. Tenebite should not be taken empty stomach to avoid excess fall in the blood glucose level unless advised by the doctor.
Q. Does Tenebite make you drowsy?
Ans. Yes, Tenebite may cause drowsiness/ sleepiness in few cases but it varies with every individual.
Q. What should be the time gap between the consumption of 2 Tenebite doses?
Ans. Ideal time gap of 8-10 hours should be there between two doses.
Q. Should I complete the whole cycle of the medicine even if cured?
Ans. Tenebite should be consumed as prescribed by the doctor and in case of any severity of symptoms, immediate medical help or consultation should be taken.
And the doctor should be the one to decide when and how to stop the cycle of Tenebite.
Q. Does Tenebite effect my menstrual cycle?
Ans. No, it generally doesn’t affect the menstrual cycle but one should always consult the doctor in case of pre-existing menstrual problems before consuming the drug
Q. Is Tenebite safe for children?
Ans. Tenebite should be administered in children. Paediatrician should always be consulted before administering the drug to children as the drug is not indicated for children.
Q. Are there any symptoms that I should consider before taking Tenebite?
Ans. Any liver disorder, pregnancy or allergic reactions are to be taken into consideration before taking Tenebite.
Q. Is Tenebite legal in India?
Ans. Yes, it is legal in India.
Disclaimer – The information provided above is to the best of our research and knowledge. However, you are recommended to consult a physician before consuming the drug.
Authored by –