Peanuts have known to be originated in South America. They are also known as groundnuts or goobers. Peanut is an oil crop as well as a grain legume. They are rich in protein, fat, and various essential nutrients.
Know If You Are: Allergic To Peanuts
Interesting Facts About Peanuts:
- Peanuts are not nuts. They are legumes. Peanuts are a part of Leguminosae family
- They are rich in vitamins, antioxidants, minerals and various other nutrients
- Every jar of peanut butter has about 500 peanuts
- There are actually four different types of peanuts; Runner peanuts, Virginia peanuts, Spanish peanuts, Valencia peanuts
- Peanuts are also called as “ground nuts” or “ground peas”
- Boiled peanuts have the highest amount of antioxidants
- Peanuts help you have a healthy and youthful skin. This is because of the presence of magnesium. Magnesium helps in calming blood vessels therein providing a better blood flow to the skin
- Peanuts are rich in Omega 3 fatty acids. They help you grow long and lustrous hair
- The vitamin E in peanuts protects the skin from the damage caused by free radicals
- Peanuts contain amino acids, which facilitate proper growth of the body
Various products are made using peanuts besides peanut butter. Some of them are peanut oil, peanut flour and peanut protein. Peanuts are a common ingredient in desserts, snacks and sauces. However, not common in India, peanut allergies can cause serious damage and even death. If you are not sure whether you are allergic to peanuts, consult a doctor.
Where To Buy Peanuts Online?
These are some popular retailers that sell peanuts online: