Table of Contents
- 1 What is Thiospas?
- 2 Uses of Thiospas
- 3 How does Thiospas work?
- 4 How to take Thiospas?
- 5 Common Dosage for Thiospas
- 6 When to Avoid Thiospas?
- 7 Precautions While Taking Thiospas
- 8 Side-Effects of Thiospas
- 9 Drug Interactions to be Careful About
- 9.1 1. Food Interactions with Thiospas
- 9.2 2. Medicines Interactions with Thiospas
- 9.3 3. Effects of Thiospas on Lab Tests
- 9.4 4. Thiospas’s interactions with Pre-existing Conditions/Diseases
- 9.5 Q. Can I have Thiospas with alcohol?
- 9.6 Q. Any particular food item to be avoided?
- 9.7 Q. Can I have Thiospas when pregnant?
- 9.8 Q. Can I have Thiospas when feeding a baby?
- 9.9 Q. Can I drive after taking Thiospas?
- 10 Buyer’s Guide – Thiospas Composition, Variant and Price
- 11 Substitutes of Thiospas
- 12 FAQs – 10 Important Questions Answered about Thiospas
- 12.1 Q. What is Thiospas?
- 12.2 Q. How effective it is/ How long does it take for Thiospas to show results?
- 12.3 Q. Should Thiospas be taken on an empty stomach?
- 12.4 Q. Does Thiospas make you drowsy?
- 12.5 Q. What should be the time gap between the consumption of 2 Thiospas doses?
- 12.6 Q. Should I complete the whole cycle of the medicine even if cured?
- 12.7 Q. Does Thiospas effect my menstrual cycle?
- 12.8 Q. Is Thiospas safe for children?
- 12.9 Q. Are there any symptoms that I should consider before taking Thiospas?
- 12.10 Q. Is Thiospas legal in India?
- 13 Authored By –
1What is Thiospas?
It is a medicine which is used mainly to prevent or treat signs of back pain, muscle stiffness and sciatic pain. Fainting, breathlessness and low blood pressure are the major side effects at high repetitive doses. It should be totally avoided in case of pregnancy, lactation and allergic reactions to the drug.
Thiospas Composition: Thiocolchicoside 4mg
Manufactured By: Abbott
Prescription: Required but it is also available as OTC (over the counter drug).
Form: Tablet, capsule, gel and ointment
Price: Rs. 159.65 for 10 tablets.
Expiry/Shelf Life: 24 months from the date of manufacturing
Type of Drug: Analgesic + Muscle Relaxant