Ever wondered, why you develop dark spots, wrinkles and crow’s feet? It happens due to the oxidative damage caused to the skin. There is a special tea called Oolong tea which is rich in polyphenols. These polyphenols fight free radicals and thus, slow down premature aging and degeneration. You can actually look young for much longer if you drink Oolong Tea regularly!
Here are some bizarre facts about oolong tea along with some benefits.
Interesting Facts About Oolong Tea
- Oolong tea is a partially fermented and oxidized tea
- A traditional Chinese tea, Oolong contains various minerals, flavonoids, folic acid, theanine and detoxifying alkaloids
- It helps prevent heart diseases, diabetes, cancer and stress
- If consumed regularly, it also helps reduce cholesterol and obesity
- About 3 billion gallons of tea as consumed by Americans in 2011 but Oolong tea’s consumption was less than 1%
- Oolong is one of the 6 basic categories of tea
- Until the 19th century, tea blocks were used as currency in Serbia
- The world’s most expensive tea is an oolong tea called Tieguanyin
- It costs around Rs. 1,01,280/450 grams
- 450 grams of loose tea leaves can make more than 200 cups of tea
- Oolong tea is known as the most “fussy” tea
Now you know how oolong tea helps fight obesity, prevents cancer and diabetes and has various other health benefits. Dip your oolong tea bag in boiling water for 5-7 minutes, enjoy your delicious cup!
Where To Buy Oolong Tea?
Use the following offers to save money when you buy Oolong Tea tea: