Cashews belong to the same family as Mangoes, Pistachios, and Poison Ivy, namely the Anacardiaceae family. The Cashew tree was brought to India by Portuguese sailors. The nut is found at the bottom of the fruit of the cashew tree, known as the cashew apple. It is majorly grown in countries like Tanzania, Kenya, Sri Lanka and India.
Interesting Facts About Cashews:
- Cashews are an excellent source of magnesium. The nut helps in the development of tissues, muscles, bones and other organs of the body.
- Cashews are a good source of healthy unsaturated fats. It reduces the risk of cardiovascular diseases and lowers blood pressure.
- Cashews are rich in antioxidants like anacardic acids, cardanols, and cardols. That can support cancer treatment.
- Caju, the term used to refer to Cashew in Hindi is actually a Portuguese name for the fruit of the cashew tree.
- Cashews reduce the risk of Anaemia. They contain dietary iron which is essential for carrying around oxygen and enabling the functioning of enzymes.
- The Cashew Resin is found in brake liners and paints in industrial products.
- The United States of America observes National Cashew Day on November 23.
- Cashews provide a good dose of phosphorous which makes them good for your teeth and bones.
- Cashews strengthen your immune system as they are rich in zinc. They prevent microbial infections and facilitate healing of wounds.
- Cashews are a rich source of copper which makes the metabolism of iron easier. Thus, it helps in the formation of red blood cells.
Cashew Nuts are delicious dry fruits which have various benefits. They even have numerous culinary uses. You can enjoy your cashews boiled, roasted or plain, with or without salt!
Where To buy Cashews ?
Save money when you purchase Cashews online by availing the following offers and coupons: