Table of Contents
The Almonds that we eat are actually seeds from the fruit of the almond tree. The Almond tree is native to India, Pakistan and some regions of the Middle East. Almonds Are one of the healthiest foods you can eat. Almonds help in weight loss, improve bone strength, heart health, lower cholesterol and have many other health benefits as well.
Interesting Facts About Almonds
- Almonds can be refrigerated for up to 2 years because they are rich in Vitamin E
- Almonds help you regulate cholesterol
- Almonds also nourish your skin and provide the same benefit as broccoli and green tea
- 40 percent of the world’s almonds are used by chocolate manufacturers
- There are 30 varieties of almonds but only 10 varieties are produced for consumption
- Almonds prevent diabetes and cardiovascular diseases
- Honeybees and wild bees are responsible for almond pollination
- Almonds work best when taken raw or dry roasted
- Almond is not a nut, it is actually a seed of the fruit of the almond tree
- More than 50 percent of the fat in almonds is monounsaturated fat
- You should avoid having almonds if you have kidney or gallbladder problems
- The outer shell of almonds is not fit for human consumption.
- Almond flour can substitute your regular flour for baking and is gluten-free
- More than 80 percent of the world’s almond are produced in California
Whether sweet or bitter, almonds can be put to use. They can be used to make oil or add flavour to other foods. You can easily make it at home! Have more fun facts about Almonds? Tell us in the comment section.
Where To Buy Almonds?
Save money when buying almonds by using the following stores to shop online:
Other Stories About Almonds
- Benefits of Almond for Skin
- Benefits of Almonds For Hair
- Benefits of Almonds
- Nutrition Value of Almonds
- Benefits of Almond For your Face