Table of Contents
- What is Tinidazole?
- What is Tinidazole most commonly used for?
- How Does Tinidazole Work?
- Tinidazole Price in India
- How to Take Tinidazole?
- Common Dosage for Tinidazole?
- When to Avoid Tinidazole Oral?
- Side Effects of Tinidazole Oral Tablet
- What Are The Effects of Tinidazole Tablet on Organs?
- Are There Any Reported Allergic Reactions?
- Drug Interactions to Be Careful About
- Effects/Results After Consuming Tinidazole Oral
- Is Tinidazole addictive?
- Can I have Tinidazole Oral Tablet with alcohol?
- Any particular food item to be avoided?
- Can I have Tinidazole Oral when pregnant?
- Can I have Tinidazole Tablet when feeding a baby?
- Can I drive after taking Tinidazole Oral?
- What happens if I overdose on Tinidazole?
- What happens if I eat expired Tinidazole?
- What happens if I miss a dose of Tinidazole Oral Tablet?
- Storage Requirements for Tinidazole Tablet
- Pro Tips When Taking Tinidazole Tablet
What is Tinidazole?
Tinidazole is a broad spectrum antimicrobial agent used orally in the treatment of bacterial, protozoal and parasitic infections.
What is Tinidazole most commonly used for?
Tinidazole is most commonly used to treat infection of the intestines or vagina.
How Does Tinidazole Work?
Tinidazole works by inhibiting the growth of bacteria and protozoa by interfering with its DNA synthesis.
Tinidazole Price in India
|300 mg Strip of 10 Tablets||Rs 4.37|
How to Take Tinidazole?
Take Tinidazole by mouth as directed by your doctor, usually once daily. To prevent stomach upset, take this medication with food.
Common Dosage for Tinidazole?
Tinidazole comes in a dose of 500 mg per tablet. It is usually given once daily but the dosage can vary from person to person.
Also Read: Taxim O Tablet Dosage | Telma 40 Dosage | Tenebite Dosage
When to Avoid Tinidazole Oral?
Not recommended in patients with known allergy to Tinidazole or other nitroimidazoles. Avoid Tinidazole in conditions like liver disease, kidney dialysis, certain blood disorders (low blood cell counts). You should also avoid Tinidazole if you are in the first 3 months of pregnancy.
Side Effects of Tinidazole Oral Tablet
Side effects of Tinidazole include:
- A bad stomach,
- Foul taste in the mouth,
- Dizzy spells,
- A dark urine and
- bitter/metallic taste in your mouth.
- Females can also experience vaginal itching or discharge.
Also read: T Bact Ointment Side Effect | Tancet L Side Effect
What Are The Effects of Tinidazole Tablet on Organs?
Tinidazole may cause liver injury, nervous dysfunction and may lower the blood cell count.
Are There Any Reported Allergic Reactions?
You may experience the following allergic reactions while on Tinidazole Tablet:
- Dry mouth
- Burning sensation
- Difficult breathing
Drug Interactions to Be Careful About
One needs to be careful of the following drug interactions when consuming Tinidazole:
- Blood thinners
- Heart or blood pressure medication
- Any other antibiotic
- HIV medications
- Seizure medications
- Cholera vaccine
- Antifungals (like Clotrimazole, itraconazole)
Effects/Results After Consuming Tinidazole Oral
The effect of Tinidazole can be observed in 1 to 2 hours. The effect of this medicine lasts for an average duration of 24 hours.
Is Tinidazole addictive?
No, Tinidazole is not a habit-forming drug.
Can I have Tinidazole Oral Tablet with alcohol?
Avoid alcoholic beverages and products containing propylene glycol while taking Tinidazole and for at least 3 days after finishing this medicine because severe stomach upset/cramps, nausea, vomiting, headache, and flushing may occur.
Any particular food item to be avoided?
Consult your doctor regarding the foods to be avoided.
Can I have Tinidazole Oral when pregnant?
Tinidazole is not recommended in the first trimester of pregnancy. It can be used in the second and third trimesters of pregnancy only if clearly needed.
Can I have Tinidazole Tablet when feeding a baby?
Tinidazole may pass from mother’s milk to baby while breastfeeding. You should not breastfeed your child while taking this medicine and for at least 3 days after the last dose.
Can I drive after taking Tinidazole Oral?
Tinidazole is known to cause drowsiness and alter your alertness. It is better not to drive while taking tinidazole.
What happens if I overdose on Tinidazole?
An overdose of Tinidazole Oral does not cure your infection. In fact, it can cause some serious side effects. Consult your healthcare provider immediately in case of overdose.
What happens if I eat expired Tinidazole?
A single dose of an expired drug is not known to cause any bad effect. It is better to check the expiry date on the packet before taking this medicine.
What happens if I miss a dose of Tinidazole Oral Tablet?
Take the missed dose as soon as you remember. Skip the missed dose if it is almost time for your next scheduled dose. Do not take a double dose to make up the missed dose.
Storage Requirements for Tinidazole Tablet
- Store at room temperature
- Protect contents from direct sunlight
- Do not store in a bathroom
Pro Tips When Taking Tinidazole Tablet
- It will not work for viral infections (such as common cold, flu).
- The antibiotic does not cure all types of infections caused by bacteria or parasites.
- Antibiotics are the most effective when the quantity of the drug is stably maintained in the body. Thus, Tinidazole 500 mg tablet should be taken at a particular time daily.
- If you are being treated for a disease caused by having sex, your partner may need to be treated too.
- To gain the maximum benefit, do not miss doses.
Also read about other medicine's: Thiocolchicoside |Thyronorm | Taxim O Syrup