One of the most basic kitchen staples, baking soda, has a history of being used as a cleaning agent for tough stains. But, did you know that it has numerous health and beauty benefits as well? Here are some benefits that will make you want to stock up on soda right now.
1. Natural Deodorant – Sensitive underarm skin cannot deal with chemicals every day. Skip the deodorant and dust your skin with baking soda instead. The secret is that it neutralizes the acids and bases thus killing the odor.
2. Skin Exfoliator – Your skin needs exfoliation once a week to remove dead skin and rejuvenate the cells. Give expensive scrubs a break and make a home-made scrub with one part water and two parts baking soda.
3. Dry Shampoo Substitute – If a hair emergency that calls for dry shampoo presents itself and you just ran out a week ago, don’t panic. Sprinkle some baking soda and brush your hair thoroughly. You’re good to go and no chemicals were used to do so.
4. Shinier Hair – Your hair loves baking soda just for the simple reason that it can breathe new life into the strands. Mix a pinch of soda into your shampoo and wash the way you normally do for smoother, hair.
5. Teeth Cleanser– From shiny hair to sparkling teeth. Create a tooth whitening cream by mixing water and baking soda. Rub this paste on your teeth once every week for whiter pearly whites.
6. Cure Heartburn – Say goodbye to heartburn, acidity and indigestion.
7. Skin Soother – Have a sunburn or bug bite that’s itching for relief? Rub a paste made of water and baking soda on the affected area for reduced itchiness and discomfort instantly.
8. Home Pedicure – Bacteria and dirt can cause fungal infections and foot odor. Avoid this sticky situation by dipping your feet into warm water sprinkled with baking soda. This will kill the bacteria and also make your feet softer.
9. Banish Odors – Beat questionable breath by rinsing your mouth with a teaspoon of baking soda dissolved in water to balance mouth acids and neutralize bad breath. You can also deodorize rancid shoes by sprinkling a pinch of soda inside them.
10. Fight Dandruff – Mix lemon juice into baking soda to create a natural anti-dandruff remedy. Apply the paste to your scalp and wash off with cold water twice a week for best results.