Table of Contents
- Things to do in Chandigarh
- 15. Visit Buddha Garden at Sukhna Lake
- 14. Enjoy a Fun Ride at Timber Trail
- 13. Get Selfie Ready at Open Hand Monument
- 12. Give Yourself an Adrenaline Rush with Paintball at Hot Shots
- 11. Experience Solace Amidst Nature at the Nepli Reserve Forest
- 10. Visit the Rock Garden
- 9. Enjoy a Game of Bowling at Blu O, Elante Mall
- 8. Cheer for India at Punjab Cricket Association (PCA), Mohali
- 7. Enjoy a Sumptuous Power lunch at Ten Downing Street
- 6. Enjoy a Game of Golf at the Lush Green Chandigarh Golf Club
- 5. Visit the mighty Fateh Burj
- 4. Admire Nature’s Beauty at The Rose Garden
- 3. Visit One-of-a-Kind Doll Museum
- 2. Experience Wildlife Closely at the Chattbir Zoo
- 1. Enjoy Rappelling and Horse Riding at Kikar Lodge
Need an easy way to chill out? Take a trip to Chandigarh. A bumbling city which is unique in many ways, Chandigarh exists nestled between Punjab and Haryana. It has been called one of the master-planned cities in the world. Though it has a busy aura, there is a lot of tranquillity the city has to offer as well. Get your MakeMyTrip coupons on CashKaro and head there immediately.
There are a lot of things that you can do while on your Chandigarh tour. Here are some fun-filled places that you just can’t miss out on. Mind you, Chandigarh has a lot to offer you.
Things to do in Chandigarh
15. Visit Buddha Garden at Sukhna Lake
The Buddha garden is also known as the Garden of Silence. It is based on the Lord Gautama Buddha. The garden also features a seated Buddha amidst concentric circular stairs. It offers a serene view of Shivalik Range and is one of the must visit places in Chandigarh.
14. Enjoy a Fun Ride at Timber Trail
At Timber Trail, take a thrilling cable car ride and admire the lush valley encircled by mesmerizing green hills, sometimes hidden in enchanting mist. The steep ride takes you to a modern, sleek resort offering numerous activities.
13. Get Selfie Ready at Open Hand Monument
The Open Hand monument is the official emblem of Chandigarh. The purpose behind the construction of this open hand structure was for the people to have at least one place in the city where they could freely discuss about the problems concerning Chandigarh and eventually take the right decisions.
12. Give Yourself an Adrenaline Rush with Paintball at Hot Shots
The place has top class set up equivalent to real world battlefield for playing paintball. Apart from paintball, one can play pool or billiards and enjoy sitting in the cafe or relish quick bite snacks or Chinese food at the restaurant.
11. Experience Solace Amidst Nature at the Nepli Reserve Forest
At a short distance from Kansal forest is located another reserve forest known as Nepli. Nepli is a bit wilder than Kansal. On its two sides, it is surrounded by small hills and the whole area is covered by thick forest which is full of wild life. There is a small rest house amidst green and flowery lawns.
10. Visit the Rock Garden
The Rock garden was built single-handedly by officer Nek Chand in 1957. What Nek Chand accomplished in his spare time has now become a long-standing symbol of imagination and novelty in Chandigarh. Having a total of about 5,000 statues within its bounds, the Rock Garden is one of the prime attractions of Chandigarh.
9. Enjoy a Game of Bowling at Blu O, Elante Mall
The only place in Chandigarh for Bowling. PVR bluO is a great place to hang out with friends and family, located on the top floor of Elante Mall, Chandigarh. PVR bluO provides not only a playful ambience but also some great food to lift up the mood and spirits of the visitors and locals alike.
8. Cheer for India at Punjab Cricket Association (PCA), Mohali
Go and attend a cricket match, you are surely going to have a memorable experience. Apart from hosting India’s matches, it acts as the home ground of IPL team Kings XI Punjab. Get on with the idea of experiencing cricket match at the PCA, Mohali.
7. Enjoy a Sumptuous Power lunch at Ten Downing Street
Ten Downing Street is and always has been a pub with a difference. Styled on the lines of an English drinking house, it manages to blend the charm of the British Raj with true Indian hospitality.
6. Enjoy a Game of Golf at the Lush Green Chandigarh Golf Club
Chandigarh Golf Club is an exclusive “private member only” golf club in Chandigarh, India. It has a 7,202-yard, 18-hole course known for its challenging narrow fairways, a long 613-yard-long, dogleg 7th hole and floodlighting on the first nine holes. The club has been home to some fine professional golfers.
5. Visit the mighty Fateh Burj
The Fateh Burj is the tallest minar in India situated in the historical village of Chappar Chiri. It was constructed to mark the third centenary of the historical battle of Chappar Chiri. It stands as a symbol of historical victory of Sikhs led by the great general Baba Banda Singh Bahadur.
4. Admire Nature’s Beauty at The Rose Garden
Zakir Hussain Rose Garden, Asia’s biggest rose garden, is spread over an area of 27 acres and has hundreds of varieties of roses. The place is decorated with a splash of greenery and charm of roses.
3. Visit One-of-a-Kind Doll Museum
International Doll Museum in Chandigarh is one of the best museums of India and is internationally acclaimed too. The museum was established in 1985 and is within the domain of Indian Council of Child Welfare. The collection includes dolls from countries like Spain, Russia, Korea, Germany, Denmark, Netherland and many more.
2. Experience Wildlife Closely at the Chattbir Zoo
The Chattbir Zoo in the vicinity of Chandigarh is a wildlife heaven that offers you a unique opportunity to go on a Lion Safari. It is a zoo spread out over a large area on the way to Patiala from Chandigarh.
1. Enjoy Rappelling and Horse Riding at Kikar Lodge
If you want a one-stop location to experience warmth, comfort and adventure, head to the Kikar Lodge. It is located in the Shivalik foothills at the Northern periphery of the State of Punjab. Have an amazing stay while you are here.
CashKaro has a ton of MakeMyTrip offers for you to use. By applying the MakeMyTrip coupon code, you can avail amazing cashback offers via the website.
Also Read: Places To Visit In Chandigarh
How to Reach Chandigarh:
Chandigarh Airport (20 km away)
Nearest Railway Station:
Chandigarh Junction Railway Station
Nearest Bus Stop:
Where to Stay in Chandigarh: Best Western Ashoka | Hyderabad Marriott Hotel & Convention Centre | Park Hyatt Hyderabad