Table of Contents
- 1 What is Topamac ?
- 2 Uses of Topamac
- 3 How does Topamac work?
- 4 How to Take Topamac?
- 5 Common Dosage for Topamac
- 6 When to Avoid Topamac?
- 7 Precautions While Taking Topamac
- 8 Side-Effects of Topamac
- 9 Drug Interactions to be Careful About
- 9.1 1. Food Interactions with Topamac
- 9.2 2. Medicines Interactions with Topamac
- 9.3 3. Effects of Topamac on Lab Tests
- 9.4 4. Topamac’s interactions with Pre-existing Conditions/Diseases
- 9.5 Q. Can I have Topamac with alcohol?
- 9.6 Q. Any particular food item to be avoided?
- 9.7 Q. Can I have Topamac when pregnant?
- 9.8 Q. Can I have Topamac when feeding a baby?
- 9.9 Q. Can I drive after taking Topamac?
- 10 Topamac Composition, Variant and Price – Buyer’s Guide
- 11 FAQs – 13 Important Questions Answered about Topamac
- 11.1 Q. What is Topamac?
- 11.2 Q. What are the uses of Topamac?
- 11.3 Q. What are the side effects of Topamac?
- 11.4 Q. How effective is Topamac?
- 11.5 Q. How long does it take for Topamac to show results?
- 11.6 Q.Should Topamac be taken on an empty stomach?
- 11.7 Q. Does Topamac make you drowsy?
- 11.8 Q. What should be the time gap between the intake of 2 Topamac tablets?
- 11.9 Q. Should I complete the whole cycle of the medicine even if cured?
- 11.10 Q. Does Topamac effect my menstrual cycle?
- 11.11 Q. Is Topamac safe for children?
- 11.12 Q. Are there any symptoms that I should consider before taking Topamac?
- 11.13 Q. Is Topamac legal in India?
1What is Topamac ?
Topamac tablet is a medication which is generally used to treat central nervous system disorders like seizures and migraine. Topamac tablet maybe also used in the treatment of lennox gastaut syndrome.
Topamac Composition –topiramate.
Manufactured By –Janssen India
Prescription – it is a schedule H drug. Prescription by doctor is required.
Form – tablet (most commonly consumed form)
Price ₹144.50 /strip
Expiry/Shelf Life – 2 months
Type of Drug –Aticonvulsant