Table of Contents
- 1 What is Triphala Churna (Powder)?
- 2 Properties of Triphala Churna
- 3 Benefits of Triphala Churna
- 4 Benefits for Skin
- 4.1 Revitalises Skin
- 4.2 Dark Circle Treatment
- 4.3 Eczema Treatment
- 4.4 Benefits for Health
- 4.5 Addresses Digestive Issues
- 4.6 Acts as a Detoxifying Agent
- 4.7 Enhances Eyesight
- 4.8 Enhances Blood Circulation
- 4.9 Increases Immunity
- 4.10 Fights Inflammation
- 4.11 Nutrient Dense
- 4.12 Flushes Out Extra Fat
- 4.13 Helps in Weight Loss
- 4.14 Fights Joint Pain
- 4.15 Manages Blood Pressure
- 4.16 Speedy Wound Healing
- 4.17 Anti-Viral, Anti-Bacterial and Anti-Allergic
- 4.18 Fights Diabetes
- 4.19 Fights Motion Sickness
- 4.20 Good for Kids
- 4.21 Regulates Hormonal Issues
- 4.22 Combats Bad Breath
- 5 How to Use Triphala Churna
- 6 Triphala Churna Nutritional Value
- 7 Triphala Churna Dosage: How Much of it is Safe?
- 8 Side Effects and Precautions
- 9 Where to Buy
What is Triphala Churna (Powder)?
Triphala is a combination of three fruits which are dried and powdered to make Triphala churna.
- Amla or Indian Gooseberry (Embilica officinalis )
- Baheda or Bibhitaki (Terminalia bellirica )
- Harad or Haritaki in Sanskrit (Terminalia chebula)
The above fruits are dried and then mixed in right amounts to be sold as ‘Triphala’ churna. This mixture has many benefits for the skin, hair as well as overall health.
Properties of Triphala Churna
- Haemoglobin booster
- Cancer fighting properties
Benefits of Triphala Churna
Benefits For Hair
Triphala powder is a natural treatment for hair loss. You can combine Triphala powder and water and drink the mixture or apply it on your hair. The churna’s emollient characteristics moisturizes your hair and arrests hairfall.
Triphala powder can be applied to hair as a hair mask which can clear the scalp of dandruff.
Benefits for Skin
The anti-oxidant properties of Triphala can reduce acne and pigmentation. This, along with its moisturizing property, rejuvenates and softens your skin therein giving it a supple texture.
Dark Circle Treatment
Using Triphala churna as an eyewash can help you get relief from puffy eyes and dark circles.
Triphala water is an effective treatment for eczema. You can directly apply Triphala water to the affected area to calm irritation and treat eczema.
Benefits for Health
Addresses Digestive Issues
Triphala churna acts as a laxative and regulates bowel movements. A spoonful of Triphala with a considerable amount of water can relieve digestive issues such as bloating, flatulence and even loose motions. Triphala cleans the stomach and offers nutrients to the entire digestive system.
Acts as a Detoxifying Agent
A glass of Triphala churna and water mix before sleep can detoxify the entire bodily system and add a healthy sheen to your skin. To make this detoxifying concoction, mix two teaspoons of Triphala churna to warm water along with a teaspoon of crushed ginger. Soak the mixture overnight and boil it till the mixture is reduced to half. Filter the solution and consume it by adding lemon juice to it.
Triphala serves as an effective eye health booster which sharpens vision and sustains eye health.
Enhances Blood Circulation
Consumption of Triphala churna enhances and upsurges the flow of blood to the capillaries. The red blood cell count is also increased by consuming Triphala churna.
Triphala churna cleanses the digestive system, enhances blood circulation and strengthens the body from within by providing all the essential nutrients and minerals therein boosting the overall immunity of the bodily system.
Consuming Triphala regularly can reduce inflammation caused due to low immunity and low levels of nutrients in the body.
The juice of Triphala is rich in vitamins and minerals. Regular consumption of Triphala can strengthen your body and enable it to function at an optimal level.
Flushes Out Extra Fat
Triphala helps to get rid of surplus body fat as well as helps in eliminating toxins from the body.
Helps in Weight Loss
Triphala secretes the hormone cholecystokinin which makes one feel full sooner than usual. You can take about a tablespoon of Triphala churna in warm water thrice a day to see quicker weight loss results.
Fights Joint Pain
Triphala has anti-inflammatory properties which can offer panacea from arthritis, gout and other joint pains. The herb powder also supplies essential nutrients to the bones which further strengthens them. Besides, Triphala also removes the surplus uric acid from the body which can cause inflammations in your body.
Manages Blood Pressure
Triphala powder can regulate blood pressure, enhance blood flow and control cholesterol levels. Its linoleic acid content fights high blood pressure and averts heart problems.
Speedy Wound Healing
Triphala’s anti-inflammatory and antimicrobial properties are very effective in quick healing of wounds.
Anti-Viral, Anti-Bacterial and Anti-Allergic
Triphala’s anti-viral properties can treat diseases ranging from common cold to HIV. The churna can be consumed by people who are sensitive to allergies without triggering any allergic reactions.
Triphala powder has hypoglycemic properties which makes it easier for cells to absorb insulin. You can, therefore, treat diabetes mellitus naturally without taking insulin shots.
Fights Motion Sickness
Many people experience dizziness and motion sickness while travelling. You can take about half a teaspoon of Triphala in honey whenever you experience dizziness.
Good for Kids
Triphala churna when mixed with milk or honey can fight a number of bacterial and viral infections such as common cold, cough and fever which generally plague kids.
Regulates Hormonal Issues
Issues like irregular cycles and painful periods can be effectively addressed by consuming Triphala churna. It also regulates the endocrine gland by maintaining optimum thyroid health. Triphala churna can be taken just before bedtime and about a couple of hours post dinner for effective results.
Combats Bad Breath
Consuming about half a teaspoon of Triphala churna with honey can help you get rid of bad breath.
How to Use Triphala Churna
For Glowing Skin
You can apply Triphala mask once a week to get a supple and glowing skin.
- Warm about 3 tablespoons of Triphala powder
- Add about 1 ½ spoons of Triphala powder to the oil
- Apply the resultant paste on the face and neck
- Wash off after about 15 minutes
Dark Circle Treatment
You can get rid of puffy eyes and under eye dark circles by mixing small quantities of the churna with water and washing your eyes with the mixture. This homemade remedy will instantly refresh tired eyes.
Triphala Churna Nutritional Value
|Nutrients||Amount Per Serving||%Daily Value|
- Make a paste by mixing 2 tablespoons of Triphala powder with about 5 tablespoons of water
- Massage the paste on the scalp
- Rinse off the residue with water after about half an hour
- Mix 2 teaspoons of Triphala churna in a glass of warm water
- Drink the mixture every night
- Do not consume any food after consuming this mixture. You can drink water after some time.
Triphala can also be consumed in tablet and capsule form.
Triphala Churna Dosage: How Much of it is Safe?
Most individuals can consume the following dosage without any trouble:
- Triphala churna (powder): 5–10 gm
- Honey: 10- 20 gm
- Water: 250 ml
The above concoction can be taken once a day to gain its benefits.
Maximum Dosage: 12 gm/day (in divided measure).
Side Effects and Precautions
- Pregnant and breastfeeding mothers should avoid taking Triphala churna
- Do not give an infant more than a pinch of the churna as excess amounts can lead to diarrhoea or indigestion
- Taking Triphala churna more than the recommended amounts can lead to diarrhoea and water loss in the body
- Diabetic patients should intimate doctor before consuming Triphala churna
- People experiencing bloating issues should take small quantities of the churna as it can lead to flatulence
Where to Buy
Best Brands That Sell Triphala Churna
- Organic India
- Madren Healthcare
- Naturz Ayurveda