Table of Contents
- 1 What is TT Injection?
- 2 Uses of TT Injection
- 3 How does TT Injection work?
- 4 How to get TT Injection administered?
- 5 Common Dosage for TT Injection
- 6 When to Avoid TT Injection?
- 7 Precautions while getting TT Injection administered:
- 8 Side-Effects of TT Injection:
- 9 Drug Interactions With TT Injection to be Careful About
- 10 Buyer’s Guide – TT Injection Composition, Variant and Price
- 11 Substitutes of TT Injection
- 12 FAQs – 10 Important Questions Answered about TT Injection
- 13 Authored By –
1What is TT Injection?
It is a medicine which is used to prevent or treat the tightening of body muscles caused by tetanus causing bacteria. Seizures and pain at the injection site are the major side effects at high repetitive doses. It should be totally avoided in case of hypersensitive reactions, bleeding disorders and in cases of pregnancy and lactating mothers.
TT Injection Composition: Tetanus Toxoid 0.5ml
Manufactured By: Cipla Ltd
Prescription: Required as it comes under schedule ‘H’
Form: Tablet, syrup and Injection
Price: Rs. 26.13 for 5ml Injection.
Expiry/Shelf Life: 24 months from the date of manufacturing
Type of Drug: Antibiotic vaccine