Table of Contents
- What is Ultracet?
- What does Ultracet contain?
- What is Ultracet used for?
- How Does Ultracet Work?
- Ultracet Price in India
- How to Take Ultracet?
- Common Dosage for Ultracet?
- When to Avoid Ultracet?
- Side-Effects of Ultracet
- What Are The Effects of Ultracet (Acetaminophen And Tramadol) on Organs?
- Are There Any Reported Allergic Reactions?
- Drug Interactions to Be Careful About
- Effects/Results After Consuming Ultracet
- Is Ultracet addictive?
- Can I have Ultracet (Acetaminophen And Tramadol) with alcohol?
- Any particular food item to be avoided?
- Can I have Ultracet when pregnant?
- Can I have Ultracet when feeding a baby?
- Can I drive after taking Ultracet?
- What happens if I overdose on Ultracet?
- What happens if I eat expired Ultracet (Acetaminophen And Tramadol)?
- What happens if I miss a dose of Ultracet?
- Storage Requirements for Ultracet (Acetaminophen And Tramadol)
- Pro Tips When Taking Ultracet
What is Ultracet?
Ultracet is a combination of 2 ingredients. Tramadol is a powerful painkiller. Acetaminophen is a less powerful painkiller and when used in combination increases the effect of tramadol.
Check out Hindi translation of this article - Ultracet in Hindi
Buy & Get Minimum 20% Discount: Pharmeasy
What does Ultracet contain?
Ultracet contains tramadol (37.5 mg) and acetaminophen (325 mg).
What is Ultracet used for?
Ultracet is given to relieve moderate to severe type of pain.
How Does Ultracet Work?
Tramadol, present in Ultracet, works by blocking the substances that are responsible for transmission of pain signal from one nerve to another. This stops the pain signal from reaching the brain and you don’t feel pain. Acetaminophen acts by increasing the level of signal that is required to give rise to the sensation of pain.
Ultracet Price in India
|50mg Strip of 10 Tablets||Rs 70|
|500mg Strip of 10 Tablets||Rs 70|
|Strip of 15 Tablets||Rs 168|
Also Read: Tryptomer Price | Sumo Price
How to Take Ultracet?
- Consume Ultracet as a whole with a glass of water.
- Do not crush, break or chew this tablet while taking it.
- Ultracet tablet can be taken with or without food but it is important to take it at a fixed time.
Common Dosage for Ultracet?
Take Ultracet as prescribed by your doctor. The maximum dose of Ultracet is 2 tablets and a total of 8 tablets per day.
Also Read: Ttinjection Dosage | Udiliv Dosage | Unienzyme Dosage
When to Avoid Ultracet?
Avoid Ultracet (Acetaminophen And Tramadol) tablet if:
- You have breathing problems
- You have a blockage in your stomach or intestines
- You have recently used an MAO inhibitor
Side-Effects of Ultracet
Some of the reported side effects of Ultracet are:
- Increased sweating
- Breathing problems
- Severe low blood pressure
Also Read: Norfloxacin Side Effect | Novamox Side Effect | Nise Side Effect
What Are The Effects of Ultracet (Acetaminophen And Tramadol) on Organs?
The effect of Ultracet may be increased in patients with kidney disease. Use of this medicine is not recommended in patients with liver disease as it may damage your liver.
Are There Any Reported Allergic Reactions?
Ultracet may cause serious skin reactions or hypersensitivity.
Drug Interactions to Be Careful About
One needs to be careful of the following drug interactions when consuming Ultracet (Acetaminophen And Tramadol):
- Another form of tramadol.
- Depression or anxiety medications
- Mental illness medications
- Cold or allergy medicine
- Sleeping pills
- Muscle relaxers
- Medicine for seizures
Effects/Results After Consuming Ultracet
After taking your medication you will notice a decrease in your pain.
Is Ultracet addictive?
Ultracet is known to have habit-forming tendencies.
Can I have Ultracet (Acetaminophen And Tramadol) with alcohol?
No, you cannot consume alcohol while on Ultracet. If you drink alcohol with Ultracet your breathing may severely decrease. The risk of liver damage also increases with co-consumption of these two.
Any particular food item to be avoided?
- Grapefruit Juice
Can I have Ultracet when pregnant?
Use of Ultracet (Acetaminophen And Tramadol) is not recommended if you are pregnant or planning a pregnancy. Tramadol is known to cause ill effects on your baby. Consult your doctor before taking this medicine.
Can I have Ultracet when feeding a baby?
Use of Ultracet (Acetaminophen And Tramadol) is not recommended if you are breastfeeding. This medicine can pass from mother’s milk to baby while breastfeeding.
Can I drive after taking Ultracet?
Ultracet may impair your alertness and cause sleepiness. Hence, it is wise not to drive while on this medication.
What happens if I overdose on Ultracet?
An overdose of Ultracet can damage your liver or may even cause death. Contact your doctor immediately if you experience loss of appetite, nausea, vomiting, stomach pain, sweating, and confusion or weakness.
What happens if I eat expired Ultracet (Acetaminophen And Tramadol)?
If you eat a single tablet of Ultracet after its expiry date, it is unlikely to cause serious side effects. However, always check the label of the drug before using it.
What happens if I miss a dose of Ultracet?
If you miss a dose, take it as soon as you remember. It is almost time for your next dose carry on with your regular schedule. Taking a double dose is harmful.
Storage Requirements for Ultracet (Acetaminophen And Tramadol)
- Store at room temperature
- Do not store in the bathroom or moisture prone areas
- Keep it away from the reach of children
Pro Tips When Taking Ultracet
- If you have ever had an alcoholic liver disease or if you drink alcohol regularly, consult your doctor before taking Ultracet.
- Do not share this medication with anyone, especially with someone who has a history of drug abuse or addiction, even if he/she has the same condition.
- Don’t use Ultracet for more than 5 days continuously.
- Not recommended for children younger than 12 years old
- It may cause dryness of your mouth. Eat a candy, chewing gum, etc. for temporary relief.
- Pain medication is usually taken when you feel the need. Your doctor may not be prescribed with a regular schedule.