Table of Contents
- 1 What is Uprise D3?
- 2 Uses of Uprise D3
- 3 How does Uprise D3 work?
- 4 How to take Uprise D3?
- 5 Common Dosage for Uprise D3
- 6 When to Avoid Uprise D3?
- 7 Precautions While Taking Uprise D3
- 8 Side-Effects of Uprise D3
- 9 Drug Interactions to be Careful About
- 10 Buyer’s Guide – Uprise D3 Composition, Variant and Price
- 11 Substitutes of Uprise D3
- 12 FAQs – 10 Questions Answered about Uprise D3
- 13 Authored By-
What is Uprise D3?
Used mainly for treatment and management of vitamin D deficiencies like rickets, arthritis, osteoporosis and Fanconi syndrome, etc. Increased thirst & urination are the major side effects at repetitive doses. It should be totally avoided in the case of Vitamin D toxicity and in patients with increased calcium levels (hypercalcaemia) and kidney stones.
Uprise D3 Composition: Cholecalciferol 60000 IU/GM.
Manufactured By: Alkem Laboratories Ltd.
Prescription: Not required as it is available as OTC
Form: Sachets, capsules, drops, injections and syrups.
Price: Rs 124.13 for 1gm sachet.
Expiry/Shelf Life: 24 months from the date of manufacturing
Type of Drug: Vitamin supplement.
Uses of Uprise D3
Uprise D3 is used for the prevention and treatment of the following conditions:
- Hypoparathyroidism: used to treat symptoms of hypoparathyroidism.
- Neuropathy: used to manage symptoms related to peripheral neuropathy.
- Bone growth: Used in kidney patients to maintain normal calcium level and thereby promoting normal bone growth.
- Vitamin D deficiency: Used to treat vitamin D deficiency by providing the adequate amount of vitamin D to the body.
- Fanconi Syndrome: Used to treat rare kidney disorder in which excess amount of glucose, phosphates, uric acid, potassium and amino acids are excreted in urine.
- Rickets: Used in cases of vitamin D deficiency like rickets (weak bone in children due tolow calcium levels).
- Osteomalacia: Used to treat osteomalacia caused by hypophosphatemia (low serum levels of phosphates).
Also Read: Vizylac Uses | Vibactds Uses | Vertin Uses
How does Uprise D3 work?
- Uprise D3 is composed of Cholecalciferol.
- Uprise D3 gets converted to calcitriol in the body and stimulates the calcium and phosphate absorption through intestine and kidneys.
- Uprise D3 maintains the calcium and phosphate level inside the body and thereby treats the conditions related to the ciency of Vitamin D and calcium.
How to take Uprise D3?
- Uprise D3 is usually available in sachets, Capsule, injection and syrup form.
- Uprise D3 sachet contains Cholecalciferol and can be consumed orally by mixing it with milk or water.
- Capsules and tablets are usually administered orally (Via mouth) with a glass of water as instructed by the doctor.
- Before consuming suspension form of Uprise D3, it should be shaken up properly to have a homogenous mix of medication and a measuring cup should be used always for correct dose administration.
- Uprise D3 injections should be administered by trained medical staff only.
- It is recommended for a patient to go through the leaflet inside the package thoroughly to have better understanding about the drug.
Also read about other medicine's: Velozd | Unwanted 72
Common Dosage for Uprise D3
- The dosage of the drug is to be decided by the doctor for every individual as per the age, weight, mental status, allergic history and health status of the patient.
- Dosage of Uprise D3 is decided by the doctor as per the severity of the symptoms.
- Paediatric consultation is mandatory before administering the drug to children.
- Gap of atleast 8-10 hours should be there between the two doses.
Q. What happens if I overdose on Uprise D3?
Overdose of Uprise D3 can lead to increase calcium levels in blood leading to calcium toxicity with symptoms like nausea, vomiting, increased urination, and thirst and heart arrhythmias. The doctor should be consulted immediately in case of Uprise D3 overdose.
Q. What happens if I miss a dose of Uprise D3?
Uprise D3 may not exhibit the desired effects as a certain amount of drug should always be present in the systemic circulation of the body to exhibit beneficial effects.
The missed dose of Uprise D3 should be consumed as soon as you remember it. But, it is not advisable to consume the missed dose if it’s already time to take the second dose as it may lead to drug toxicity or drug overdose.
Q. What happens if I eat expired Uprise D3?
A single dose of expired Uprise D3 is very unlikely to cause an adverse event as it might have lost its efficacy and potency. However, one should abstain from consuming expired drug and the doctor should be immediately consulted if one feels any undesirable symptoms after consuming the expired drug.
Q. Onset time of Uprise D3 and till when does the effect of Uprise D3 stay?
- Peak effect of the drug can be seen within 3 hours of administration of drug.
- The symptom starts to get improved in about 1 month of administering the drug daily.
- The time taken by the drug to exhibit desirable effects depends on the condition being treated and varies with every individual.
Also Read: Volini Dosage
When to Avoid Uprise D3?
Do not Consume Uprise D3 Tablets:
- Allergy: In known cases of history of allergy to Uprise D3 or any of its ingredients.
- Hypercalcemia/increased levels of vitamin D: In known cases of increased levels of calcium and vitamin D.
- Kidney Stones: In known cases of patients with kidney stones.
- Malabsorption problems: In known cases of malabsorption.
Precautions While Taking Uprise D3
- Allergic Reaction: Any allergic reaction after taking Uprise D3 should be immediately reported to the doctor.
- Avoid Over dosage: Drug overdose should be avoided as it can lead to toxicity.
- Time Interval: A gap of 8-10 hours should be maintained between the two doses to avoid increased levels of drug in the blood as it can lead to toxicity.
Warnings When Taking Uprise D3
- Consuming more than the daily prescribed dose may lead to toxicity or other undesirable effects.
- Uprise D3 should not be administered to patients with malabsorption problems.
- Concomitant use of vitamin D supplement should be avoided.
Side-Effects of Uprise D3
The side effects associated with Uprise D3 Tablets used for different treatments are:
- Headache (common)
- Irritability (common)
- Metallic taste (less common)
- High blood pressure (less common)
- Appetite loss (common)
- Increased thirst, dry mouth (common)
- Weight loss (less common)
- Albuminuria (protein in urine) (rare)
- Kidney stones (less common)
- Constipation (common)
- Dizziness (Common)
- Nausea (Less common)
- Vomiting (Less common)
- Dry mouth (Common)
- Abdominal pain (Less common)
Are There Any Reported Allergic Reactions to Uprise D3?
Possible allergic reactions reported for Uprise D3 tablets are:
- Rashes (common)
What are the effects of Uprise D3 on organs?
The doctor should be consulted before taking Uprise D3 if one is suffering from kidney disease as suitable dose adjustment and monitoring of kidney functions is mandatory in such cases.
Drug Interactions to be Careful About
One needs to be careful of certain drug interactions when consuming Uprise D3. These may span from certain food items to other medicines to some tests which should not be taken right after consuming Uprise D3. We explore these n details below.
1. Food Interactions with Uprise D3
No particular food item to be avoided.
2. Medicines Interactions with Uprise D3
All the possible drug interactions might not be listed here. It is always advised that the patient must inform the physician about of all the drugs/products you use. You must also inform about the herbal products that you are consuming. You must not modify the drug regimen without your doctor’s approval.
The common drug interactions have been noticed with the following drugs:
- Acetaminophen (mild)
- Alendronate (moderate)
- Amlodipine (mild)
- Aspirin (moderate)
- Amikacin (mild)
- Amiloride (mild)
- Carvedilol (mild)
- Ciprofloxacin (mild)
- Clopidogrel (moderate)
- Cholestyramine, colestipol, or mineral oil (mild)
- Thiazide diuretics (moderate)
- Magnesium containing drugs such as antacids and laxatives (moderate)
3. Effects of Uprise D3 on Lab Tests
Uprise D3 can affect the blood cholesterol levels and can give false test results.
4. Uprise D3’s interactions with Pre-existing Conditions/Diseases
Any kidney diseases or allergic reactions should be taken into consideration.
Q. Can I have Uprise D3 with alcohol?
No. There is an increased risk of side effects with alcohol so, alcohol should be avoided. The consulting physician should be informed if you’re consuming alcohol.
Q. Any particular food item to be avoided?
No particular food item needs to be avoided.
Q. Can I have Uprise D3 when pregnant?
No, Uprise D3 is not recommended for pregnant women. The doctor should always be notified if you are pregnant or plan to become pregnant.
Q. Can I have Uprise D3 when feeding a baby?
Uprise D3 should only be administered in lactating mother unless stated by the doctor. The doctor should always be informed if you are breastfeeding your child.
Q. Can I drive after taking Uprise D3?
One can drive after taking Uprise D3 but should avoid driving if any dizziness or drowsiness occurs.
Buyer’s Guide – Uprise D3 Composition, Variant and Price
|Uprise D3 Variants||Uprise Composition||Uprise Price|
|Uprise D3 1000IU Capsule||Cholecalciferol 1000IU||Rs. 50.05 for 10 Capsules|
|Uprise D3 30ml Syrup||Cholecalciferol 400IU/5ml||Rs. 74.26 for 1 pack|
|Uprise D3 2000IU Capsule||Vitamin D3 2000IU||Rs. 109.00 for 10 Capsules|
|Uprise D3 600000IU 1ml Injection||Cholecalciferol 600000IU/ml||Rs. 43.50 for 1 pack|
|Uprise D3 60k 5ml Syrup||Cholecalciferol 60000IU/5ml||Rs. 56..50 for 1 pack|
Buy & Get Minimum 20% Discount: Myra Medicines | Netmeds
Substitutes of Uprise D3
The following are alternative drugs for Uprise D3:
- D Rise 2000 capsule:
- Manufactured by – USV Pvt Ltd.
- Price – Rs. 63
- Jusdee 2000mg Tablet:
- Manufactured by – Stedman Pharmaceuticals Pvt Ltd.
- Price – Rs. 70
- Ultra D3 2k Tablet:
- Manufactured by – Meyer Organics Pvt Ltd.
- Price – 368
- Add3 2000 Capsule:
- Manufactured by – Mylan Pharma.
- Price – Rs. 82
Storage requirements for Uprise D3 Tablets
- Uprise D3 Tablet should be stored in a cool, moisture-free place at temperature below 25o C
- Drug should be kept out of children’s reach.
Also Read: Wikoryl Price | Voveran Price
FAQs – 10 Questions Answered about Uprise D3
Q. What is Uprise D3?
Ans. Uprise D3 is a vitamin D3 supplement. It is used to treat vitamin D3 and calcium deficiency.
Q. How effective it is/ How long does it take for Uprise D3 to show results?
Ans. Uprise D3 tablet shows effect within the first month of starting the oral administration.
Q. Should Uprise D3 be taken on an empty stomach?
Ans. Uprise D3 should be taken empty stomach for better drug absorption.
Q. Does Uprise D3 make you drowsy?
Ans. Uprise D3 may cause drowsiness in few cases but it varies with every individual.
Q. What should be the time gap between the consumption of 2 Uprise D3 Tablets?
Ans. The ideal time gap of atleast 8-10 hours should be there between two doses to avoid Uprise D3 toxicity or overdose.
Q. Should I complete the whole cycle of the medicine even if cured?
Ans. Uprise D3 should never be stopped in between the cycle without consulting with the doctor. The doctor should be the one to decide when and how to stop the cycle of Uprise D3.
Q. Does Uprise D3 effect my menstrual cycle?
Ans. No, it does not affect the menstrual cycle. Always consult the doctor in case of pre existing menstrual problems before consuming the drug
Q. Is Uprise D3 safe for children?
Ans. Uprise D3 is safe for children but should not be administered to children without consulting paediatrician.
Q. Are there any symptoms that I should consider before taking Uprise D3?
Ans. Any kidney problems, allergic reactions are to be taken into consideration before taking Uprise D3
Q. Is Uprise D3 legal in India?
Ans. Yes, it is legal in India.
Disclaimer – The information provided above is to the best of our research and knowledge. However, you are recommended to consult a physician before consuming the drug.