Table of Contents
1What is Veloz D?
It is a medicine which is used to prevent or treat acidity, heartburn, nausea and vomiting. Dry mouth and Dizziness are the side effects at repetitive high doses. It should be totally avoided in case of obstructive intestinal diseases and in patients with allergic history.
Veloz D Composition: Rabeprazole 20mg + Domperidone 30mg
Manufactured by: Torrent Pharmaceuticals Ltd.
Prescription: To be sold by prescription but it is also available as OTC (Over the counter)
Form: Capsules, Tablets and Injections
Price: Rs 129.10 for 10 Capsules.
Expiry/Shelf Life: 24 months from the date of manufacturing
Type of Drug: Antiemetic and Antacid
2Uses of Veloz D
Veloz D is used in the prevention and treatment of following conditions:
- Gastro esophageal Reflex Disease (GERD): Used in cases of GERD as it prevents the acidic content of the stomach from regurgitating backwards into the esophagus.
- Motion sickness: Used in cases of Motion sickness as it contains Domperidone that acts as an antiemetic and controls the vomiting centre in the brain.
- Gastric Ulcer: Used to treat gastric ulcer.
- Nausea & Vomiting: Used to prevent or treat Nausea and vomiting as it contains Domperidone.
- Heartburn: Used to treat symptoms of heartburn as Veloz D exhibits anti acidic properties.
- Zollinger Ellison Syndrome: Used to treat Zollinger Ellison Syndrome in which acid secretion in stomach increases. Veloz D helps to counteract the increased acid secretion in such cases.
- Helicobacter Pylori Infection: Used in conditions like H.pylori infections.
- Erosive Esophagitis: Used to treat conditions like erosive esophagitis.
- Others: Used in cases of idiopathic or diabetic induced delayed stomach emptying known as Gastroparesis.
3How does Veloz D work?
- Main constituents of Veloz D are Rabeprazole and Domperidone
- Rabeprazole is a proton pump inhibitor (PPI ) which works by getting ionized to its active form (sulfenamide group) rapidly as soon as they are exposed to the acidic environment of the stomach
- These sulfenamide group forms covalent bond with SH (Sulfhydrl) group of proton pump and blocks it irreversibly, thereby blocking the acid secretion.
- Domperidone is an antiemetic, which works on the dopamine receptors as it is a dopamine antagonist. It works by impelling the food down through the food pipe from stomach to intestine at faster rate.
- Domperidone also blocks the food from flowing back its way up through food pipe and inhibits vomiting centre in the brain, eventually treating the feeling of nausea and vomiting.
Also Read: Volini Dosage
4How to take Veloz D?
- Veloz D is available in form of capsules for oral administration.
- The duration and dose of drug is to be followed as per the doctor and should not be altered without proper consultation.
- Veloz D should be taken empty stomach (at least half an hour before food), as food decreases bioavailability of Rabeprazole.
- It is advised to take Veloz D in the morning (before breakfast) so that its peak serum concentration coincides with maximal activity of proton pumps.
- Veloz D capsule should not be chewed or crushed instead it is advisable to swallow it as a whole with plenty of water.
- Drug should not be discontinued without proper medical consultation even if symptoms have disappeared.
Also Read: Uprised Price | Unwanted 72 Price
Common Dosage for Veloz D
- Veloz D dosage can be decided by the doctor for every individual as per Age, Weight, Mental status, Allergic history, Health status of the patient and Condition being treated.
- The common dose of Veloz D is One capsule a day in morning before breakfast but it can be modified to two capsules a day also (in morning and evening), depending on the condition of the patient.
- Veloz D should not be used for more than 14 days unless advised by the doctor.
- It is advisable not to alter or stop the dose of drug without proper medical consultation.
Q. What happens if I overdose on Veloz D?
Veloz D dosage should be strictly consumed as per the prescription by the doctor.
The doctor should be consulted immediately in case of Veloz D overdose, if signs like tremors, confusion, drowsiness are seen. Overdose of Veloz D can lead to toxicity
Q. What happens if I miss a dose of Veloz D?
Veloz D should always be taken as per the fixed time schedule and in case of missed dose, always try to consume it as soon as you remember. But, avoid taking the missed dose if it’s already time to take the second dose as it may lead to drug toxicity or drug overdose.
Q. What happens if I eat expired Veloz D?
Expired Veloz D may not cause any undesirable effect but it is advisable to avoid consuming expired drug as it may not be efficacious enough to provide the needed results and the doctor should be immediately consulted in case of any undesirable symptoms after consuming the expired drug.
Q. What is the onset time of Veloz D?
The Drug has a half life of 1-2 hour and its effects of start within 30 minutes to 1 hour following oral administration and reaches its maximum activity (inhibition of acid) in 2 hours.
Q. Till when does the effect of Veloz D stays?
It takes 3-4 days for normal return of acid secretion, once Veloz D is withdrawn.
5When to Avoid Veloz D?
Do not Consume Veloz D if:
- Liver disorders: In known cases of Liver dysfunction or diseases, Veloz D should be avoided or used only when advised by the doctor.
- Kidney Diseases: In known cases of Kidney disease, Veloz D should be avoided unless stated otherwise by the doctor.
- Allergy: In known cases of known history of allergy to Veloz D or any of its ingredients.
- Heart diseases: In known history of patients with Congestive heart failure.
- Obstruction: In known cases of obstructive intestinal diseases.
- Osteoporosis: In cases of osteoporosis, Veloz D should be avoided.
- Others: In cases of electrolyte disturbance especially of magnesium, potassium and calcium.
Also Read: Vizylac Side Effect | Vibactds Side Effect | Vertin Side Effect
Precautions While Taking Veloz D:
- Proper Consumption: Avoid Chewing or crushing the capsules; instead swallow the capsule as a whole.
- Allergic Reaction: Allergic reaction, if occurs after taking Veloz D should be immediately reported to the doctor or trained medical staff.
- Prolonged use: Avoid prolonged use without medical consultation as long term use increases the risk of gastric neoplasia ( stomach cancer)
- Time Interval: Fixed time interval of atleast 4-6hours between two doses if advised twice a day in severe cases.
Warnings When Taking Veloz D
- Consuming more than the daily prescribed dose or altering the dose in any manner may lead to increased risk of side effects.
- Veloz D should preferably be administered in morning.
Side-Effects of Veloz D
The side effects associated with Veloz D are:
- Diarrhoea (less common)
- Headache (less common)
- Abdominal Pain (less common)
- Dizziness (less Common)
- Dry mouth (common)
- Rashes (rare)
- Dry mouth (common)
- Flatulence (less common)
- Increased Chances of bone fracture (less common)
- May inhibit absorption of Vitamin B12 (less common)
Q. Are There Any Reported Allergic Reactions to Veloz D?
Possible allergic reactions reported for Veloz D are:
- Rashes (less common)
- Swelling of eye, face, lips, mouth or tongue (less common)
- Loss of Consciousness (rare)
What are the effects of Veloz D on organs?
- Dose adjustment may be required in patients with severe liver and kidney impairment
- Prolonged use may lead to increased gastrin levels which further leads to increased risk of stomach cancer.
6Drug Interactions With Veloz D to be Careful About
It is always advisable to be careful of certain drug to drug or drug to food interactions when consuming Veloz D. Always be aware of the food items, other drugs or lab tests while consuming Veloz D. We explore these n details below.
1. Food Interactions with Veloz D
No particular food item to be avoided.
2. Medicines Interactions with Veloz D
All the potential drug interactions might not be listed here. It is always advisable that the patient must inform the physician about of all the drugs/products you use. You must notify the doctor about the herbal products that you are currently consuming. You should never alter the drug regimen without your doctor’s approval.
The common drug interactions have been noticed with the following drugs:
- Alcohol (moderate)
- Ketoconazole and Digoxin: decreased gastric acidity due to Veloz D can decrease the absorption of Ketoconazole and Digoxin (moderate)
- Warfarin, phenytoin, carbamazepin and benzodiazepines (severe) : Veloz D may enhance their effects by decreasing their metabolism.
- Atropine (mild)
- Clarithromycin (mild)
- Amiodarone (mild)
3. Effects of Veloz D on Lab Tests
Veloz D doesn’t affect any laboratory test results.
4. Veloz D’s interactions with Pre-existing Conditions/Diseases
Osteoporosis and Congestive heart failure are the diseases, which should be taken into consideration before consuming Veloz D.
Q. Can I have Veloz D with alcohol?
No, as there is an increased risk of acidity and reflux in food pipe as alcohol is acidic and can also decrease the potency of the drug.
Q. Any particular food item to be avoided?
Q. Can I have Veloz D when pregnant?
No, it is not advised as undesirable effects of Veloz D are seen on foetus in animal studies. The doctor should always be notified if you are pregnant or plan to become pregnant for case specific recommendation.
Q. Can I have Veloz D when feeding a baby?
Always notify the doctor if you are breastfeeding the child as a precautionary measure as Veloz D is not recommended in lactating mothers.
Q. Can I drive after taking Veloz D?
One should avoid taking Veloz D while driving if it causes drowsiness or dizziness and it is advisable to avoid driving or operating heavy machinery in such cases.
7Buyer’s Guide – Veloz D Composition, Variant and Price
|Veloz 20mg Tablet||Rabeprazole 20MG||Rs. 117.20 for 15 tablets.|
|Veloz M Tablet||Rabeprazole 20MG + Mosapride 15mg||Rs. 131.60 for 10 tablets.|
|Veloz IT Capsule||Rabeprazole 20MG + Itopride 150mg||Rs. 202.90 for 10 tablets.|
|Veloz L Capsule||Levosulpiride 75mg + Rabeprazole 20MG||Rs. 194.50 for 10 tablets.|
|Veloz 20mg Injection||Rabeprazole 20MG/ml||Rs. 92.00 for 1 Pack|
8Substitutes of Veloz D
The following are alternative drugs for Veloz D:
- Cyra D Capsule: Manufactured by Systopic Laboratories Pvt Ltd
- Domzar Capsule: Manufactured by Septalyst Lifesciences Pvt Ltd
- Bravia DSR Capsule: Manufactured by Grandcure Healthcare Pvt Ltd
- Rabekind DSR Capsule: Manufactured by Mankind Pharma
Storage requirements for Veloz D
- It should be stored at room temperature, away from direct heat and light
- Drug should be kept out of children’s reach.
9FAQs – 10 Important Questions Answered about Veloz D
Q. What is Veloz D?
Ans. Veloz D is mainly a fixed dose combination of two drugs as its active ingredient namely Rabeprazole and Domperidone. Veloz D belongs to the class of proton pump inhibitors as well as anti-emetics.
Anti-emetics basically treat nausea and vomiting, whereas proton pump inhibitors are used to treat acidity. It is used to treat acidity, heartburn, nausea and vomiting.
Q. How long does it take for Veloz D to show results?
Ans. Veloz D shows its effect within 30 minutes to 1 hour following oral administration and reaches its maximum activity (inhibition of acid) in 2 hours.
Q. Should Veloz D be taken on an empty stomach?
Ans. Veloz D should be taken empty stomach for better effects.
Q. Does Veloz D make you drowsy?
Ans. Veloz D might cause drowsiness in few cases but it varies with every individual.
Q. What should be the time gap between the consumption of 2 Veloz D doses?
Ans. Ideal time gap of atleast 4-6 hours should be there between two doses to avoid Veloz D overdose.
Q. Should I complete the whole cycle of the medicine even if cured?
Ans. Veloz D should be consumed as prescribed by the doctor and in case of any severity of symptoms, immediate medical help or consultation should be taken.
And the doctor should be the one to decide when and how to stop the cycle of Veloz D.
Q. Does Veloz D effect my menstrual cycle?
Ans. No, it generally doesn’t affect the menstrual cycle but one should always consult the doctor in case of pre existing menstrual problems before consuming the drug
Q. Is Veloz D safe for children?
Ans. Veloz D should only be administered in children after proper consultation and recommendation by the Paediatrician.
Q. Are there any symptoms that I should consider before taking Veloz D?
Ans. Any heart disease, osteoporosis or allergic reactions are to be taken into consideration before taking Veloz D.
Q. Is Veloz D legal in India?
Ans. Yes, it is legal in India.
Disclaimer – The information provided above is to the best of our research and knowledge. However, you are recommended to consult a physician before consuming the drug.
10Authored By –