Skip to Content
- What is Venex?
- Uses of Venex:
- Venex Composition
- How does Venex work?
- Venex Price in India
- How to Take Venex?
- Common Dosage for Venex:
- When to avoid Venex and precautions to take?
- Side effects of Venex?
- Effects on organs?
- Reported Allergic Reactions?
- Drug Interactions to Be Careful About
- Shows Effects / Results In:
- Storage of Venex
- Pro Tips When Taking Venex:
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Is Venex Addictive?
- Can I have Venex with alcohol?
- Any particular food item to be avoided?
- Can I have Venex when Pre gnant?
- Can I have Venex when feeding a baby?
- Can I drive after taking Venex?
- What happens if I overdose on Venex?
- What happens if I eat expired Venex?
- What happens if I miss a dose of Venex?
- Similar Reads
What is Venex?
- Venex contains “Diosmin” as its active ingredient which is a plant chemical found mainly in citrus fruits.
- Venex is available as film coated tablets used in treatment of chronic venous insufficiency.
Save using: Myra Medicines Coupons | 1mg Coupons | Practo Coupons
Uses of Venex:
- Varicose veins
- Venous stasis (poor blood circulation in legs)
- Lymphoedema (swelling of arms)
Read more: Mupinase Composition
How does Venex work?
- Venex reduces the inflammation and normalises the functioning of veins thus improving the clinical condition.
- Apart from this, diosmin also acts on microcirculation by capillary permeability and increases capillary resistance.
Venex Price in India
|Specification||Venex price in India|
|Venex 500mg Tablet||Rs. 48.3|
|Venex 300mg Tablet||Rs. 29.6|
Also check out : Nimulid Hf Price
How to Take Venex?
- Venex is available as 500mg tablet which is rapidly absorbed after oral administration.
- Tablet can be swallowed as a whole without breaking or chewing along with or without food.
Common Dosage for Venex:
- The recommended dose of Venex in adults is one tablet twice a day – once in the noon and once in the evening.
When to avoid Venex and precautions to take?
Venex should not be used or should be used with caution when:
- Allergic to any of its components
- Patients with kidney and liver disease
- Patients with high calcium and potassium levels
Side effects of Venex?
- Venex may produce multiple side effects, although they may not be common in all the patients. Commonly observed side effects:
- Abdominal pain
- Muscle pain
- Skin rash
Read more: Nervigard Xl Side Effects
Effects on organs?
- Patients with kidney and bleeding disorders should use this medicine with caution.
Reported Allergic Reactions?
- Tell your doctor if you are allergic to any of its ingredients. Allergy with Venex may exhibit following symptoms:
- Chest tightness
- Shortness of breath
- Swelling of face, lips, tongue, or throat.
Drug Interactions to Be Careful About
- Drug interactions refer to effect of drugs on each other and on human body following ingestion. Large numbers of medicine have shown interaction with each other.
- Since Diosmin is derived from plants, interactions with other medicines have not been reported till date. Consult your doctor before administering any other medicine long with Venex.
Shows Effects / Results In:
- The time required by Venex to show its desired effect varies from person to person and depends on the clinical situation. It should not be administered for more than 3 months without medical supervision.
Storage of Venex
- Storage at room temperature away from direct heat and light.
- Keep medicines away from children and pets.
Pro Tips When Taking Venex:
- Venex can cause gastric side effects like abdominal pain, dyspepsia and diarrhoea thus should be administered with food to reduce the incidence and severity of gastric side effects.
Frequently Asked Questions
Is Venex Addictive?
- No such tendency has been reported.
Can I have Venex with alcohol?
- Alcohol should be avoided as it may increase the incidence of side effects like dizziness.
Any particular food item to be avoided?
- No such interaction observed.
Can I have Venex when Pre gnant?
- Venex should only be administered to pregnant women if the potential benefits justify the potential risk to mother and foetus.
Can I have Venex when feeding a baby?
- It is not known whether Venex is secreted in breast milk or not thus it should be used with caution in lactating mothers
Can I drive after taking Venex?
- Venex does not usually affect your ability to drive but may cause dizziness.
What happens if I overdose on Venex?
- No cases of over dosage have been reported with Venex.
What happens if I eat expired Venex?
- The medicine may not work as well as the potency of the medicine decreases and also it may lead to some adverse effects.
What happens if I miss a dose of Venex?
- Always consume the missed dose as soon as you remember. But, if it is already time for the next dose – do not double the dose.