Table of Contents
- What is Venusmin?
- Uses of Venusmin:
- Venusmin Composition
- How does Venusmin work?
- Venusmin Price in India
- How to Take Venusmin?
- Common Dosage for Venusmin:
- When to avoid Venusmin and precautions to take?
- Side effects of Venusmin?
- Effects on organs?
- Reported Allergic Reactions?
- Drug Interactions to Be Careful About
- Shows Effects / Results In:
- Storage of Venusmin
- Pro Tips When Taking Venusmin:
- Frequently Asked Questions
1What is Venusmin?
- Venusmin contains “Diosmin” as its active ingredient which is a plant chemical found mainly in citrus fruits.
- Venusmin is available as film coated tablets used in treatment of chronic venous insufficiency.
Check out: Netmeds Offers | Medlife Offers | Pharmeasy Offers
2Uses of Venusmin:
- Varicose veins
- Venous stasis (poor blood circulation in legs)
- Lymphoedema (swelling of arms)
Read more: Nervigard Xl Uses | Ome Rd Uses | Nuvolt Plus Uses
Read more: Venex Composition
4How does Venusmin work?
- Venusmin reduces the inflammation and normalises the functioning of veins thus improving the clinical condition.
- Apart from this, diosmin also acts on microcirculation by capillary permeability and increases capillary resistance.
5Venusmin Price in India
|Specification||Venusmin price in India|
|Venusmin 150mg Tablet||Rs. 78.67|
|Venusmin 300mg Tablet||Rs. 136.54|
6How to Take Venusmin?
- Venusmin is available as film coated tablet which is rapidly absorbed after oral administration.
- Tablet can be swallowed as a whole without breaking or chewing along with or without food.
7Common Dosage for Venusmin:
- The recommended dose of Venusmin in adults is one tablet twice a day – once in the noon and once in the evening.
8When to avoid Venusmin and precautions to take?
Venusmin should not be used or should be used with caution when:
- Allergic to any of its components
- Patients with kidney and liver disease
- Patients with high calcium and potassium levels
Read more: Meconerv Forte Precaution | Oskar Dsr Precaution
9Side effects of Venusmin?
- Venusmin may produce multiple side effects, although they may not be common in all the patients. Commonly observed side effects:
- Abdominal pain
- Muscle pain
- Skin rash
Read more: Nimulid Hf Side Effects
10Effects on organs?
- Patients with kidney and bleeding disorders should use this medicine with caution.
11Reported Allergic Reactions?
- Tell your doctor if you are allergic to any of its ingredients. Allergy with Venusmin may exhibit following symptoms:
- Chest tightness
- Shortness of breath
- Swelling of face, lips, tongue, or throat.
12Drug Interactions to Be Careful About
- Drug interactions refer to effect of drugs on each other and on human body following ingestion. Large numbers of medicine have shown interaction with each other.
- Since Diosmin is derived from plants, interactions with other medicines have not been reported till date. Consult your doctor before administering any other medicine long with Venusmin.
13Shows Effects / Results In:
- The time required by Venusmin to show its desired effect varies from person to person and depends on the clinical situation. It should not be administered for more than 3 months without medical supervision.
14Storage of Venusmin
- Storage at room temperature away from direct heat and light.
- Keep medicines away from children and pets.
15Pro Tips When Taking Venusmin:
- Venusmin can cause gastric side effects like abdominal pain, dyspepsia and diarrhoea thus should be administered with food to reduce the incidence and severity of gastric side effects.
16Frequently Asked Questions
Is Venusmin Addictive?
No such tendency has been reported.
Can I have Venusmin with alcohol?
Alcohol should be avoided as it may increase the incidence of side effects like dizziness.
Any particular food item to be avoided?
No such interaction observed.
Can I have Venusmin when Pregnant?
Venusmin should only be administered to pregnant women if the potential benefits justify the potential risk to mother and foetus.
Can I have Venusmin when feeding a baby?
It is not known whether Venusmin is secreted in breast milk or not thus it should be used with caution in lactating mothers
Can I drive after taking Venusmin?
Venusmin does not usually affect your ability to drive but may cause dizziness.
What happens if I overdose on Venusmin?
No cases of overdosage have been reported with Venusmin.
What happens if I eat expired Venusmin?
The medicine may not work as well as the potency of the medicine decreases and also it may lead to some adverse effects.
What happens if I miss a dose of Venusmin?
Always consume the missed dose as soon as you remember. But, if it is already time for the next dose – do not double the dose.