Skip to Content
- Uses of Vertin
- Q. What happens if I overdose on Vertin?
- Q. What happens if I miss a dose of Vertin?
- Q. What happens if I eat expired Vertin?
- Q. What is the onset time of Vertin?
- Q. Till when does the effect of Vertin stay?
- Warnings When Taking Vertin
- Are There Any Reported Allergic Reactions to Vertin?
- What are the effects of Vertin tablets on organs?
- 1. Food Interactions with Vertin
- 2. Medicines Interactions with Vertin
- 3. Effects of Vertin on Lab Tests
- 4. Vertin ’s interactions with Pre-existing Conditions/Diseases
- Q. Can I have Vertin with alcohol?
- Q. Any particular food item to be avoided?
- Q. Can I have Vertin when pregnant?
- Q. Can I have Vertin when feeding a baby?
- Q. Can I drive after taking Vertin?
- Storage requirements for Vertin Tablets
- Q. What is Vertin?
- Q. How long does it take for Vertin to show results?
- Q. Should Vertin be taken on an empty stomach?
- Q. Does Vertin make you drowsy?
- Q. What should be the time gap between the consumption of 2 Vertin Tablets?
- Q. Should I complete the whole cycle of the medicine even if cured?
- Q. Does Vertin effect my menstrual cycle?
- Q. Is Vertin safe for children?
- Q. Are there any symptoms that I should consider before taking Vertin?
- Q. Is Vertin legal in India?
1What is Vertin?
It is a medicine which is used for treatment of symptoms like vertigo, tinnitus and hearing loss (Meniere’s disease). Headache, digestion problem and liver problems at repetitive high doses are the major side effects. It should be totally avoided in case of asthma, ulcer and liver diseases.
Vertin Composition: Betahistine 8mg
Manufactured By: Abbott.
Price: Rs.120.64 for 15 tablets.
Expiry/Shelf Life: 24 months from the date of manufacturing
Type of Drug: Anti vertigo
Uses of Vertin
Vertin serves as an antivertigo drug. It is used for the prevention and treatment of following conditions:
- Inner ear problems: Used in cases patients suffering from inner ear problems as the drug dilates the blood vessels inside the inner ear.
- Tinnitus: Used in cases of patients having ringing sensation in the ear, clicking sound in the ear, known as tinnitus.
- Vertigo: Used to treat and manage symptoms like spinning sensation, false feeling of movement of head when it is stable (vertigo).
- Meniere’s disease: Used in cases of inner ear disorder with symptoms like ringing in ear, sensation of spinning of head and fullness in ear.
- Motion sickness: Used to manage patients having motion sickness (feeling of nausea, vomiting and sickness while travelling or movement).