1What is Vertin?
It is a medicine which is used for treatment of symptoms like vertigo, tinnitus and hearing loss (Meniere’s disease). Headache, digestion problem and liver problems at repetitive high doses are the major side effects. It should be totally avoided in case of asthma, ulcer and liver diseases.
Vertin Composition: Betahistine 8mg
Manufactured By: Abbott.
Price: Rs.120.64 for 15 tablets.
Expiry/Shelf Life: 24 months from the date of manufacturing
Type of Drug: Anti vertigo
Uses of Vertin
Vertin serves as an antivertigo drug. It is used for the prevention and treatment of following conditions:
- Inner ear problems: Used in cases patients suffering from inner ear problems as the drug dilates the blood vessels inside the inner ear.
- Tinnitus: Used in cases of patients having ringing sensation in the ear, clicking sound in the ear, known as tinnitus.
- Vertigo: Used to treat and manage symptoms like spinning sensation, false feeling of movement of head when it is stable (vertigo).
- Meniere’s disease: Used in cases of inner ear disorder with symptoms like ringing in ear, sensation of spinning of head and fullness in ear.
- Motion sickness: Used to manage patients having motion sickness (feeling of nausea, vomiting and sickness while travelling or movement).