What is Vibat DS?
Used mainly to prevent or treat conditions like Diarrhea and bowel conditions. Bloating and gas are the major side effects of Vibact Ds. It should be totally avoided in case of severe intestinal infection and high fever.
Vibact DS Composition – Lactobacillus 50 million spores.
Manufactured by – USV Ltd.
Prescription – To be sold by prescription only
Form – Capsules, Sachets, and Syrups
Price – Rs 160 for 10 Capsules.
Expiry/Shelf Life – 2 years from the date of manufacturing
Type of Drug – Probiotic
Uses of Vibact DS
Vibact DS is used in the prevention and treatment of the following conditions:
- Diarrhoea: Used in cases of diarrhoea like antibiotic induced diarrhoea, Traveller’s diarrhoea, acute diarrhoea, nosogomial diarrhoea (hospital acquired) and chronic diarrhoea.
- Infections: Used in cases of infections like vaginal infection, enteric infection in infants and stomach infection.
- Indigestion: Used in cases of indigestion, indigestion due to chemotherapy.
- Inflammatory conditions: Used in conditions like digestive tract inflammation, colitis (inflammation of colon), gastroenteritis (inflammation of stomach and intestine)
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome: Used to treat conditions like Irritable Bowel Syndrome.
- Immunity booster: Used as immunity booster patients with low immunity.
How does Vibact DS work?
- Vibact DS is basically a composition of different beneficial bacteria like Lactobacillus, Clostridium, and Streptococcus.
- Vibact DS works by enriching the gut and stomach with a good amount of beneficial bacterias.
- Good bacterias compete with the harmful bacterias and starve them of nutrition, eventually leading to their death.
- Vibact DS maintains the balance between the good and bad bacterias, leading to a balanced flora inside the body.
What are the effects of Vibact DS on organs?
- Vibact DS should be used with caution in patients with liver or kidney disorders.
- Dose alteration/adjustment may be required in such cases.
How to take Vibact DS?
- Vibact DS is usually available in Capsules, sachets and syrup form.
- Vibact DS capsules are usually consumed orally (Via mouth) with a glass of water or as instructed by the doctor. It should be consumed with or after food preferably with food in cases of stomach upset.
- The capsule should not be crushed or chewed but should be swallowed as a whole.
- It is advisable to take Vibact DS at a fixed time with an appropriate time interval between two doses.
- If taking Vibact DS syrup, the bottle should be shaken up well before use to have a homogenous mixture and a measuring cup should be used to consume the prescribed dose.
- It is advisable for the patient to go through the leaflet inside the package thoroughly to have a better understanding of how to handle the drug.
Common Dosage for Vibact DS
- Vibact DS dosage can be decided by the doctor for every individual as per Age, Weight, Mental status, Allergic history and Health status of the patient and The condition being treated.
- The common dose of Vibact DS is 2 Capsules 2- 4 times a day as prescribed by the doctor.
- It is advisable to consult with a paediatrician before administering Vibact DS in children as a precautionary measure.
- The dose can be adjusted by the doctor at different time intervals as per the response of the individual patient.
Q. What happens if I overdose on Vibact DS?
Vibact DS dosage should be strictly consumed as per the prescription by the doctor.
An overdose of Vibact DS can cause symptoms like dry skin, severe thirst, and dizziness. In such cases, immediate medical help should be taken to avoid undesirable effects.
Q. What happens if I miss a dose of Vibact DS?
Vibact DS should always be taken as per the fixed time schedule and in case of a missed dose, always try to consume it as soon as you remember. But, avoid taking the missed dose if it’s already time to take the second dose as it may lead to drug toxicity or drug overdose.
Q. What happens if I eat expired Vibact DS?
Expired Vibact DS may not cause any undesirable effect but it is advisable to avoid consuming expired drug as it may not be efficacious enough to provide the needed results and the doctor should be immediately consulted in case of any undesirable symptoms after consuming the expired drug.
Q. Onset time of Vibact DS and till when does the effect of Vibact DS stay?
- Onset time of action for Vibact DS can vary as per the condition being treated.
- The time taken by the drug to show its effect may vary with every individual.
When to Avoid Vibact DS?
Do not Consume Vibact DS if:
- Infection: In known cases of infections like Intestinal infection, Vibact DS should be avoided.
- Debilitating diseases: In known cases of HIV, Vibact DS is not recommended.
- Allergy/Hypersensitivity: In known cases of allergy or hypersensitivity to Vibact DS or any of its ingredients.
- Fever: In cases of patients with high temperature (fever), Vibact DS should be avoided.
- Planned surgical cases: In cases where the patient is on medication to prevent organ transplant rejection.
Precautions While Taking Vibact DS
- Menstruation: In case of any pre-existing menstruation problem, proper consultation with the doctor is advisable.
- Allergic Reaction: Always seek medical help immediately in case of any allergic reaction, it occurs after taking Vibact DS.
- Avoid Dose alteration: Drug alteration should be avoided unless stated by the doctor.
- Time Interval: A fixed time gap is to be maintained between the two doses to avoid drug overdose, at least 4-6 hours between two doses.
Warnings When Taking Vibact DS
- Concomitant use of antibiotics should be delayed for at least 2 hours while consuming Vibact DS.
- Dose alteration without medical advice is not recommended.
- Vibact DS should not be administered in patients less than 3 years of age unless specified by the Paediatrician.
Side-Effects of Vibact DS
The side effects associated with Vibact DS are:
- Gas – common
- Bloating – common
- Rare fungemia (fungi in the blood) seen in patients on Central venous catheter – rare
- Blurred Vision – less common
- Dizziness – Less common
Are There Any Reported Allergic Reactions to Vibact DS?
Possible allergic reactions reported for Vibact DS are:
- Rashes – less common
- Breathlessness – less common
Drug Interactions to be Careful About
It is always advisable to be careful of a certain drug to drug or drug to food interactions when consuming Vibact DS. Always be aware of the food items, other drugs or lab tests while consuming Vibact DS. We explore these n details below.
1. Food Interactions with Vibact DS
No particular food item to be avoided apart from alcohol as it may cause liver damage
2. Medicines Interactions with Vibact DS
All the potential drug interactions might not be listed here. It is always advisable that the patient must inform the physician about of all the drugs/products you use. You must notify the doctor about the herbal products that you are currently consuming. You should never alter the drug regimen without your doctor’s approval.
The common drug interactions have been noticed with the following drugs:
- Antifungal like Ketocanazole, fluconazole and iatroconazole
3. Effects of Vibact DS on Lab Tests
Vibact DS doesn’t affect any laboratory test results.
4. Vibact DS interactions with Pre-existing Conditions/Diseases
Any Severe intestinal obstruction.
Q. Can I have Vibact DS with alcohol?
No, the interaction of Vibact DS with alcohol is not known. Therefore, always consult the doctor before consuming alcohol with Vibact DS.
Q. Any particular food item to be avoided?
No particular food item needs to be avoided.
Q. Can I have Vibact DS when pregnant?
No, Vibact DS should not be used during pregnancy as it is not considered safe for use in pregnant women. Always inform the doctor if you are pregnant or plan to become pregnant.
Q. Can I have Vibact DS when feeding a baby?
No, Vibact DS is not recommended in lactating mothers and always notify the doctor in such cases as a precautionary measure.
Q. Can I drive after taking Vibact DS?
Yes, Vibact DS has no effect on driving but one should avoid taking Vibact DS while driving if it causes drowsiness or dizziness.
Buyer’s Guide – Vibact DS Composition, Variant and Price
|Vibact DS Variant||Vibact DS Composition||Vibact DS Price|
|Vibact Sachet||Lactobacillus 50 million spores||Rs. 12.66 for 1 Sachet.|
|Vibact Capsule||Lactobacillus 50 million spores||Rs. 99.50 for 10 Capsules.|
|Vibact Dry 50ml Syrup||Bacillus Mesentericus 1million cells+ Clostridium butyricum 2 million cells + Lactobacillus Sporogenes 50 million cells + Streptococcus thermophilus 30 million cells/5ml||Rs. 94.65 for 1 bottle|
|Vibact IBS Capsule||Lactobacillus 299 Million Spores||Rs. 325.00 for 10 capsules.|
Substitutes of Vibact DS
The following are alternative drugs for Vibact DS:
- Bifilac ZN 1gm Sachet:
- Manufactured by – Tablets India Ltd.
- Price – Rs 17
- Vizylac Capsule:
- Manufactured by – Unichem Laboratories Ltd.
- Price – Rs. 47.53
- Ecoflora Capsule:
- Manufactured by – Tablets India Ltd.
- Price – Rs. 605
- Providac Capsule:
- Manufactured by – Zydus Cadila.
- Price – Rs. 248
Storage requirements for Vibact DS
- Vibact DS drug should be stored at a moisture free, dry place at room temperature.
- The drug should be kept out of children’s reach.
FAQs – 10 Important Questions Answered about Vibact DS
Q. What is Vibact DS?
Ans. Vibact DS is a synthetically derived drug, which belongs to the class of probiotics.
Vibact DS is effective against stomach upset and is also used for immunity building.
Q. How effective it is/ How long does it take for Vibact DS to show results?
Ans. Vibact DS shows its effect within few hours of administration of drug but it may vary with every individual.
Q. Should Vibact DS be taken on an empty stomach?
Ans. Vibact DS can be consumed empty stomach but it is advisable to consume it after meals for better absorption and to prevent any potential stomach upset.
Q. Does Vibact DS make you drowsy?
Ans. Vibact DS generally doesn’t cause drowsiness but it varies with every individual.
Q. What should be the time gap between the consumption of 2 Vibact DS doses?
Ans. An Ideal time gap of at least 4-6 hours should be there between two doses to avoid Vibact DS overdose.
Q. Should I complete the whole cycle of the medicine even if cured?
Ans. Vibact DS is a probiotic drug and should be taken as prescribed by the doctor and in case of any severity of symptoms; immediate medical help or consultation should be taken.
And the doctor should be the one to decide when and how to stop the cycle of Vibact DS.
Q. Does Vibact DS effect my menstrual cycle?
Ans. Vibact DS generally doesn’t affect the menstrual cycle but one should always consult the doctor in case of pre-existing menstrual problems before consuming the drug
Q. Is Vibact DS safe for children?
Ans. Always consult the Paediatrician before administering Vibact DS to children as a precautionary measure.
Q. Are there any symptoms that I should consider before taking Vibact DS?
Ans. Any allergic history with Vibact DS or same class of drugs and high fever are to be taken into consideration before taking Vibact DS.
Q. Is Vibact DS legal in India?
Ans. Yes, it is legal in India.
- 1Mg Promocodes
- Offers On Medlife
- Myra Medicines Coupon
- Netmeds Coupons
- Pharmeasy Coupon Codes
- Practo Offers
- Schwabe India
Disclaimer – The information provided above is to the best of our research and knowledge. However, you are recommended to consult a physician before consuming the drug.